PDA

View Full Version : New boat owner, where's the battery???

turkvu
04-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey - just got a 1995 Maristar 200VRS and I've got a dead battery on my hands. I can't open the engine compartment because the hydraulic lift for the compartment needs battery power. I thought the battery would be under the back seat for ease of access...but I don't see it when I open up the compartment - is it that much different looking than a car battery?

What should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance for any help!

east tx skier
04-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Welcome. I haven't looked to be sure, but I'll bet you'll find your answer here (http://www.mastercraft.com/manuals/1994-1997_OwnersManual-MS200-MS205.pdf).

Where in Texas are you located?

/edit. Manual says it's under the center of the rear seat. If it's not, a previous owner may have relocated it under the observer seat. Just a guess.

sanjuan23
04-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Since it is the V-Drive I would assume under the hatch and on the port side of the boat.

turkvu
04-03-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm in Austin. I've already been through that manual and it shows the battery as being the only thing under the back seat...when I open up the compartment nothing jumps out at me as a battery - and nothing looks like the picture in the manual (trouble is that manual covers several years and several models.

sanjuan23
04-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Normal looking car type battery nothing spectactular about it... Other than it's used to start your MasterCraft!

jraben8
04-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Nevermind...

Maybe trace the positive cable from the starter...

Leroy
04-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Welcome! You could begin at the engine starter and work back to the battery.

Gofast
04-03-2007, 12:40 PM
The battery is in the engine comparment. On the driver side under the rear seat is an external terminal that the battery should be hooked up too. Place jumper cables there and that should do the trick.

If the battery is not hooked up to the external post, then you need to remove the center seat section to gain access to the pin on the hydrolic lift. Pain in the a$$ and you could damage teh seat area. Be careful

Rob

95 Maristar 235