PDA

View Full Version : Tower Or Single Tube Pylon?

O2BESOHUGE
04-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Which Do You Guys Prefer? And Why?

Thanks
O2

Jkelly
04-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Tower..... It allows room for speakers, board racks, and looks cooler:twocents:

KelBCx9
04-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Big plus of a tower is board storage. Last boat didn't have one and boards were always in the way.

O2BESOHUGE
04-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Which Kind Do You Guys Have? Ive Been Looking At A Couple Of Different Types...

What Do You Think Of The Monster Tower? Price Wise Its Great I Think

O2

Farmer Ted
04-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I'd got a New Dimension Tower for mine, they make one for your year model also

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/galleries/mastercraft/images/1987-1990_Prostar_190.jpg

www.newdimensiontowers.com

KelBCx9
04-03-2007, 12:39 PM
I had a Roswell on my last boat and a zeroflex on my X9. I like the look way better of the zeroflex it follws the contour of the w/shield. The Roswell is universal so it didn't look as good. It was $2500 installed.

CarlosCabanas
04-03-2007, 12:42 PM
O2
Where have you been? Working too hard on the boat??

CarlosCabanas
04-03-2007, 12:43 PM
By the way I heard rumeur's that pole's are harder on the boats stringers. Can anyone confirm this?

Jkelly
04-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I like the 13th Floor towers. Here is one of my boat, before I put the speakers and board racks on it. It also has a bimini top.

O2BESOHUGE
04-03-2007, 01:04 PM
O2
Where have you been? Working too hard on the boat??

WORKS HAS BEEN POUNDING ME LATELY...DEADLINES AND MANDITORY OVERTIME TO GET THINGS DONE. IT SUCKS.

I HAVE GOTTEN MY BOAT BUFFED AND IT TURNED OUT GREAT. IM GETTIN ALL NEW PINSTRIPES THIS WEEK AND THEN IT WILL LOOK EVEN BETTER. IM IN THE PROCESS OF SANDING THE TEAK DECK NOW AND RE-DOING IT. I TOOK THE BOAT OUT LAST WEEKEND AND ALMOST FROZE. THE WATER IS STILL TOO COLD FOR ME - THATS NOT BAD THOUGH...IT GIVES ME SOME MORE TIME TO FINISH SOME MORE PROJECTS

O2

SkiDog
04-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Which Do You Guys Prefer? And Why?

Thanks
O2
Did some one say 'Tube'?

jayocheskey
04-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Zero-Flex Tower. This picture was taken before we added the bimini, T-Series Fusion speakers and the Fusion 4-light bar.

Tower is definitely the way to go. Storage, looks, lights, speakers, the list goes on. We also have the Sirius Satellite antenna mounted on top of the tower. There is just so much a tower allows you to do.

Prostar Rich
04-03-2007, 01:56 PM
On my prostar I went with the extended pylon. Works great and you don't have any storage hassles. The best part is I got the pylon off of ebay for less than $150.00 used. I have a lot left over $$ vs. buying a tower.

Prostar Rich

jrcarte78
04-03-2007, 01:56 PM
I agree that towers look much better. But, extended pylons are much more cost effective. You accomplish the same goal by not spending as much $$$. And, you can get racks that mount to the extended pylons. I have a Barefoot International extended pylon with a rack mounted on it that holds four boards.

To me, it would just depend on what your budget is.

J.R.

#47of100TeamMC
04-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Zero Flex Tower. If you decide to take it off, the frame matches the windshield lines and looks pretty darn good.

jayocheskey
04-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Zero Flex Tower. If you decide to take it off, the frame matches the windshield lines and looks pretty darn good.

GREAT LOOKING BOAT!!

2000205V
04-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Which Kind Do You Guys Have? Ive Been Looking At A Couple Of Different Types...

What Do You Think Of The Monster Tower? Price Wise Its Great I Think

O2

I've had a monster tower for three years and it's been great. As I posted in a different post, I'm 235lbs and my buddy is about the same. We both have ridden behind it at the same time a few times and we had no creeks or movement of the tower of any sort. It also looks great and Monster tower has some pretty slick board racks and other accessories.

For the money it's can't be beat. The only reason I upgraded to a tower was I usually have a bunch of people out and everyone brings their own board. With all the boards, people, and a support strap in the middle of the boat it was too tight. To the rider ... between a pylon and a tower ... I don't think there is a difference.

If you're looking for a good deal on a extended pylon I have one for sale. It's designed for a vdrive but you could shorten up the bow strap for a centermounted pylon if you want. I'll let it go for $150 + shipping. It's a Flyhigh I believe. leme know if you're interested and I'll take some pics of it.

O2BESOHUGE
04-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Id Like To See It...thanks Man!

O2

88 PS190
04-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Towers are definately the way to go with the exception of weight, the sheer mass of the tower can really effect the wakes of the boat, then again I like only having driver and spotter, and about 5 gallons of gas at a time.

If I boarded the tower would be a buddy.