PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pump help

Markaholic
04-02-2007, 10:09 PM
I have a 2000 X-Star with the center bilge ballast bag. The impelling pump is not working the the expelling pump IS working. I guess that means there are two separate pumps. I'm having a hard time locating the pump/s since the bag is secured in the bilge pretty tightly and I don't want to break something forcing it.

Does anyone know where the impelling ballast pump might be located?

lav
04-03-2007, 05:49 PM
should only have one pump under rear seat drivers side(a guess i have 02 xstar) but sounds like your impellor may be shot

Cary K.
04-04-2007, 07:42 AM
I think there are separate pumps on that model. My 2001 has separate pumps. They are probably a yellow Mayfair cartridge pump. Look around in the bilge around the engine, that is where mine are. Check the connections first. The cartridges are easily replaceable, and Overtons has them for around $20 IIRC.

Markaholic
04-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I found one yellow pump in the rear of the boat, in the back corner of the engine bilge, and there are two pumps in the main center bilge that look attached to each other. The hoses are hard to follow. Any idea of which is which?

Cary K.
04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
It is hard for me to say from here, as mine is setup a little different because of the extra pumps. One easy way to tell is to flip the fill switch, see what runs, then the empty and see which it is, then the other should be the bilge, but you can verify that too.