PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Ideas

sanjuan23
04-02-2007, 12:18 PM
The wife seems to be getting a bit of cabin fever for something to do vacation wise and I am at a loss for ideas. Since we are 3 months pregnant and crazy drinking and other activities are out of the question I am looking for some suggestions. Thanks for any and all ideas.

rick s.
04-02-2007, 12:23 PM
going to costa rica this friday. Renting a house on the northern pacific coast, www.costaricaonthebeach.com.

Can't wait.

east tx skier
04-02-2007, 12:26 PM
How far do you want to go? If the answer is "not very," have you ever been to the Hill Country Hyatt?

sanjuan23
04-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Don't really know yet just sitting here today trying to put together some ideas. She mentioned Hot Springs but since I am not an AARP member yet I am not sure that is exactly for us yet. I have thought about something in the hill country just need some "experienced" ideas. East ya'll still heading west next weekend?

sanjuan23
04-02-2007, 12:30 PM
going to costa rica this friday. Renting a house on the northern pacific coast, www.costaricaonthebeach.com.

Can't wait.

Unfortunately I let me passport expire and I understand they are really backed up right now. So I think staying in the states is in the works for this trip!

Sodar
04-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Well, my friend just sent me a charter vacation package for a 4 day, 3 night stay in Hawaii. I have not checked on accomodations, but briefly looked over it and it looks like an all-inclusize packages to Maui for $650 per person with airfare. Now, I am not sure if these accomodations are suitable for the established couple, or the partier on Spring Break, but seemed like a pretty incredible deal none the less!!

TX.X-30 fan
04-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Were you planning on taking the boat. The horseshoe bay marriott in a very cool place. Heated pool at the hotel Another pool at the yacht club that Marriott gusts can use. The restaurant is very good at the hotel. They have an 18 hole lighted Real grass putting course all landscaped (very cool). There are also restaurants at the marina and the yacht club. There are slips at the marina to rent with lifts. All of this stuff is walking distance from the rooms.

We love it up there but it is a little pricy$$$. good luck finding a place to go.

sanjuan23
04-02-2007, 12:45 PM
No boat on this trip she still has not come home yet :( I was just about to check out the Marriott @ Horseshoe.

TX.X-30 fan
04-02-2007, 12:51 PM
No boat on this trip she still has not come home yet :( I was just about to check out the Marriott @ Horseshoe.

Nice getaway with or without the boat. :D There is also a cool bar in a separate bldg. right behind the hotel. Some live music some dj stuff.