PDA

View Full Version : Lake Travis is UP!!!

TX.X-30 fan
04-01-2007, 03:37 PM
For all the Texas MC'ers just looked at the current lake level 665(pool level is 681 MSL). That is up over 20 ft. in 2 months, it sits at historical average for march now. This means the lake went from 1 ramp at the dam to all ramps open :D I personally can't wait to board in the pedernales ;)

For those of you not familiar with this reservoir, it is 60 miles long dam to dam with an average depth of 70-80 Ft. in the channel. It is truly a slice of heaven in the Texas hill country.

suedv
04-01-2007, 04:06 PM
That looks really nice. How warm is the water and what is the air temp?

TX.X-30 fan
04-01-2007, 04:34 PM
That looks really nice. How warm is the water and what is the air temp?

Current air temp is 87 :D surface water temp 67 and climbing. I forgot to check that stuff, now I really wish we were there. :(

ProTour X9
04-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Current air temp is 87 surface water temp 67 and climbing. I forgot to check that stuff, now I really wish we were there.
:wavey: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Skibumtx
04-01-2007, 09:48 PM
This is not a cruel April Fools joke, is it? We were just in Marble falls 2 weeks ago and could not bring ourselves to look at Travis, too sad a sight.

TX.X-30 fan
04-01-2007, 09:52 PM
No, google lake travis water level.

Skibumtx
04-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeahaaaaaaaaaaa, now I have a good reason to visit the in-laws.

Skibumtx
04-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Low of 52
High was 88
Water temp 68 at the surface,

Gotta love Google!

TX.X-30 fan
04-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Yeahaaaaaaaaaaa, now I have a good reason to visit the in-laws.

Absolutely you go visit, put up with anything you need to. What I mean is Suck Up at any opportunity, be the son-in-law they allways dreamed of. Then get up at daybreak and haula$$ to the lake. :D :D

Skibumtx
04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
The things we have to do for family.

Just noticed you are in Houston, what part?

TX.X-30 fan
04-01-2007, 11:29 PM
The things we have to do for family.

Just noticed you are in Houston, what part?

What we do that doesnt kill us makes us stronger. :D :D

Sugar Land what about you skibumtx.

Skibumtx
04-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Clear Lake, but we have a place near Woodville where we keep the boat.

wgwollet
04-02-2007, 10:05 AM
TX. X30 Fan:

I have a nephew in Austin, planning to visit soon. Does Lake Travis have any bad prop areas? and is the water very clean. Is there any good deals on lake houses? or like most lakes very high prices.

sanjuan23
04-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Lake Travis is the most expensive Lake Front in Texas. We can all thank the execs. from Dell and others for that one.

Harvey
04-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I can vouch for the waters of the northern part of Travis. Glad to see they are coming back. North Texas lakes are on the rise since the rain. A little more and most will be full. HOORAY!!!!!

jayocheskey
04-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Looks like a GREAT summer for Texas!!! Thank you rain - bring on some more.

TX.X-30 fan
05-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Lake Travis water level update.... 678.62 5/26/07 normal pool 681.

I will be on this sweet body of water for 3 days in two excruciatingly long weeks. :D :D ;)

Harvey
05-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Enjoy the Dirty Perd, it is a skiers dream!
And that is ROUGH water!

TX.X-30 fan
05-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Enjoy the Dirty Perd, it is a skiers dream!
And that is ROUGH water!

That does look a little rougher than the constant glass. :D :D :D

Oh and that's a great shot.

Ric
05-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Clear Lake, but we have a place near Woodville where we keep the boat. Skibum I believe I have skiid with you. Me, you and Kev on the course at Taylor lake on a cold sunny december morning when we realllllyy shoulda stayed home. Dat you?

#47of100TeamMC
05-29-2007, 03:36 PM
For all the Texas MC'ers just looked at the current lake level 665(pool level is 681 MSL). That is up over 20 ft. in 2 months, it sits at historical average for march now. This means the lake went from 1 ramp at the dam to all ramps open :D I personally can't wait to board in the pedernales ;)

For those of you not familiar with this reservoir, it is 60 miles long dam to dam with an average depth of 70-80 Ft. in the channel. It is truly a slice of heaven in the Texas hill country.

70-80ft??? how do you anchor a portable course in that kind of depth?!? you'd need 300' of anchor line! :rolleyes:

Ric
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
70-80ft??? how do you anchor a portable course in that kind of depth?!? you'd need 300' of anchor line! :rolleyes: impossible. furthermore its a horrible ski lake.. never ever go there. There are no chicks there either.. the sun is always overcast. DO NOT go to lake Travis.

east tx skier
05-29-2007, 04:00 PM
impossible. furthermore its a horrible ski lake.. never ever go there. There are no chicks there either.. the sun is always overcast. DO NOT go to lake Travis.

Agreed, and the river has a boat eating monster in it. Stay away!

Sodar
05-29-2007, 04:01 PM
impossible. furthermore its a horrible ski lake.. never ever go there. There are no chicks there either.. the sun is always overcast. DO NOT go to lake Travis.

Me and 60% of SoCal are moving there by 4th of July... Watch Out Ric! ;)

Ric
05-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Me and 60% of SoCal are moving there by 4th of July... Watch Out Ric! ;) something tells me that many Cali tags will draw some attention from the boys in green :rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
06-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Last update needed: 682.25 which is 1.25 over pool. The lake still sucks for skiing, no chicks, and is still considered the Bermuda triangle of inland lakes. with that said has anyone been there since the water is up. How is the perennially blown out pedernales river. We are considering a trip, only because we are masochists. :D

Thanks in advance for the help. :rolleyes:

east tx skier
06-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Good description of that death trap of a lake. I was on the guadalupe chain a few weeks ago and the current (from all the rain) was a little much. But that doesn't have much to do with the CO river chain I suppose. Have fun.

TX.X-30 fan
06-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Good description of that death trap of a lake. I was on the guadalupe chain a few weeks ago and the current (from all the rain) was a little much. But that doesn't have much to do with the CO river chain I suppose. Have fun.

Thanks east, yes I heard from the guys at TSR that Canyon was letting out mucho agua. And that was 2 weeks ago, they continue to get hammered with the wet stuff.

Were you at Mcqueeney bet there is some water in a few yards?

east tx skier
06-21-2007, 10:49 AM
On the advice of a salesperson at TSR, we tried Lake Placid (one up the chain from McQueeney. It was so so. Not a lot of boat traffic, but the current made it not worth getting my ski wet. We typically go to Dunlap, but the current was even worse there.

She told me that they've been getting a lot of bottom jobs at TSR from boats having trouble getting back on the trailer due to the current.

Ric
06-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Last update needed: 682.25 which is 1.25 over pool. The lake still sucks for skiing, no chicks, and is still considered the Bermuda triangle of inland lakes. with that said has anyone been there since the water is up. How is the perennially blown out pedernales river. We are considering a trip, only because we are masochists. :D

Thanks in advance for the help. :rolleyes: it really is ashame that it has to be so bad here, but I guess it keeps people from wanting to move to Texas for skiing and such

Sodar
06-21-2007, 12:58 PM

Thanks in advance for the help. :rolleyes:

I always love a good challenge. I will see ya there Saturday morning. Ric, ya gonna be there? I want all my cali guys to pummel your arse!! Just Kidding!!

Ric
06-21-2007, 01:03 PM
I always love a good challenge. I will see ya there Saturday morning. Ric, ya gonna be there? I want all my cali guys to pummel your arse!! Just Kidding!! sure, Saturday is fine. Just off of 620, there is a park called hippie hollow. Bring all your "cali guys" and head into the park. Wait for me there. Not early though.. you will fit in well there

Sodar
06-21-2007, 01:08 PM
sure, Saturday is fine. Just off of 620, there is a park called hippie hollow. Bring all your "cali guys" and head into the park. Wait for me there. Not early though.. you will fit in well there

Sweet... just looked it up. 1371 miles from my house. If I leave tonight and stop for a couple cat naps, I can be there Saturday morning. Unfortunately, I will need to be off the lake by 2pm on Saturday, so I can make it back to work on Monday morning!:D

Ric
06-21-2007, 01:09 PM
you cali guys won't need to be there long, you should make friends rather quickly

east tx skier
06-21-2007, 02:33 PM
I always love a good challenge. I will see ya there Saturday morning. Ric, ya gonna be there? I want all my cali guys to pummel your arse!! Just Kidding!!

Be sure to floor it through Lakeway. It's like the Autobahn. ;)

Sodar
06-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Be sure to floor it through Lakeway. It's like the Autobahn. ;)

So I should put some Z-rated tires on the tahoe and trailer!?!?!

east tx skier
06-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Oh, absolutely. The cops in Lakeway are just saying hellow with their lights and howareya with their night sticks.

/realizes that Lakeway isn't on the way to the dirty Perd.

Sodar
06-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Oh, absolutely. The cops in Lakeway are just saying hellow with their lights and howareya with their night sticks.

Got ya!! So when they say howareya with their night sticks, I can saying "doin' well" with my shotgun??

east tx skier
06-21-2007, 02:48 PM
It's a well-to-do community. You might fare better if you had one of the lovelies in the car (I presume) video tape the beating.

Skibumtx
06-28-2007, 06:45 PM
What's it look like now? Sounds like they shutdown the lake to recreational boat traffic.

txrunsvt
06-28-2007, 10:27 PM
As of now (9:23pm CST) Travis sits at 695.18 MSL. Fool pull is 681MSL. So 14ft+ above and rising. LCRA (Lower Colorado River Authority) are expecting levels to crest around 697-699 this weekend.

Skibumtx
06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Think it will be open by the 4th?

I don't want to pull the boat all the way from Woodville to Houston to Austin and find out all the ramps are closed!

TX.X-30 fan
06-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Ric:

sure, Saturday is fine. Just off of 620, there is a park called hippie hollow. Bring all your "cali guys" and head into the park. Wait for me there. Not early though.. you will fit in well there

Gays of the World Unite! It's Splash Weekend in Austin
posted by Chas at 11:31 AM on May 27, 2006
Austin is a well known liberal enclave in Texas. This Memorial Day weekend is also the First Splash weekend out at Lake Travis. There are events all weekend. While not exclusively a gay event, it is certainly an adult-themed party weekend. (Seeing has how the clothes tend to come off at Hippie Hollow once people have had a few drinks)

I do agree with Ric on this one Sodar, ya'll should fit-in just fine. :D ;)

Skibumtx
07-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Skibum I believe I have skiid with you. Me, you and Kev on the course at Taylor lake on a cold sunny december morning when we realllllyy shoulda stayed home. Dat you?

Hey Ric,

I have skiied Taylor Lake with Kevin in the dead of winter before, it's been so long I don't remember. Never ski out there any more, waters too nasty. You live out on the lake?

Ric
08-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey Ric,

I have skiied Taylor Lake with Kevin in the dead of winter before, it's been so long I don't remember. Never ski out there any more, waters too nasty. You live out on the lake? You may remember the trip I am thinking of! I was first up and the water was wayyyy down and we wrapped a crab trap around your prop and limped home! :o

Skibumtx
08-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Oh, SH!T, how could I forget that run, hit the trap stopped the boat and you stand up in knee deep water. What a trip . . .

We are heading up to Marble Falls next Thursday to visit the In-Law's, where is a good place to put in on Travis, Friday.

Ric
08-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I forgot the name of the ramp, but there is that camp on the perdenales below the bridge... we used to turn off at that exxon from the highway... if you are on the other side of the river, maybe spicewood or someplace like that?

Sodar
08-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Ric:

Gays of the World Unite! It's Splash Weekend in Austin
posted by Chas at 11:31 AM on May 27, 2006
Austin is a well known liberal enclave in Texas. This Memorial Day weekend is also the First Splash weekend out at Lake Travis. There are events all weekend. While not exclusively a gay event, it is certainly an adult-themed party weekend. (Seeing has how the clothes tend to come off at Hippie Hollow once people have had a few drinks)

I do agree with Ric on this one Sodar, ya'll should fit-in just fine. :D ;)
How did your festival go for you? Did you get the turn out you had expected?

TX.X-30 fan
08-15-2007, 06:20 PM
I forgot the name of the ramp, but there is that camp on the perdenales below the bridge... we used to turn off at that exxon from the highway... if you are on the other side of the river, maybe spicewood or someplace like that?

Spicewood is on the pedernales side, he is going to be looking for a ramp past lago vista towards marble falls. I have never been down there but there is a ramp way down past briarcliff, and I have heard not far from the river there. :confused: He would have to come over to 71 and back towards austin to get there.

TX.X-30 fan
08-15-2007, 06:23 PM
How did your festival go for you? Did you get the turn out you had expected?

Ric set that up for you cali boys, he said all of ya'll would fit right in:D :D

Ric
08-16-2007, 11:37 AM
How did your festival go for you? Did you get the turn out you had expected? You mean yall didn't go????? I figured you did since you've been so quiet lately:rolleyes:

Ric
08-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Spicewood is on the pedernales side, he is going to be looking for a ramp past lago vista towards marble falls. I have never been down there but there is a ramp way down past briarcliff, and I have heard not far from the river there. :confused: He would have to come over to 71 and back towards austin to get there. I have not been to travis in awhile and the last time I did, we rented a houseboat which was cool.

friends had a condo up the colorado, where there used to be not only docks but a small marina and cafe on the water... Flood came through one day and ripped out all the docks and marina and they never built it back (afaik) Can't remember the name of it either, but there is a nice protected ramp there.. May be only for property owners, so check it out before driving out there.

Harvey
08-16-2007, 01:00 PM

You are talking about XXXX XXXX

XXXXX XXX XXXXX XX
XXXXXXXXX,TX XXXXX
Phone: (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Take me a picture. I haven't been in over 2 years.

Sodar
08-16-2007, 01:04 PM
You mean yall didn't go????? I figured you did since you've been so quiet lately:rolleyes:

Nah! Just been busy with work and getting ready for the weekends! Last weekend was the first weekend I have been home since I went to Chicago in April to pick up my new MC!!

Ric
08-16-2007, 01:16 PM
You are talking about Camp

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

Take me a picture of the butter. I haven't been in over 2 years.

Harvey, I fixed your post.

I don't know about butter. You really wouldn't want to ski or board on Lake Travis anyway. Too Rocky.

Harvey
08-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Harvey, I fixed your post.

I don't know about butter. You really wouldn't want to ski or board on Lake Travis anyway. Too Rocky.

Did you bust a prop on a large rock hidden just under the water there too? It mangled up the entire bottom of my boat!!!!

I don't know what I was thinking! I did have to sleep on the couch last night so according to my better half I haven't been doing much thinking lately.

Ric
08-16-2007, 01:42 PM
You are allowed to say one dumb thing per month here. Glad you fixed it and don't let it happen again!

TX.X-30 fan
08-16-2007, 02:01 PM
I have not been to travis in awhile and the last time I did, we rented a houseboat which was cool.

friends had a condo up the colorado, where there used to be not only docks but a small marina and cafe on the water... Flood came through one day and ripped out all the docks and marina and they never built it back (afaik) Can't remember the name of it either, but there is a nice protected ramp there.. May be only for property owners, so check it out before driving out there.

I know where that is, mile marker in the 40's somewhere. They are cedar condo's up on the cliff right? They had a private dock up there last year 10-12 slips I heard its gone. If there is a ramp to use there that would be a good spot to launch.

Camp pedernales would be marker 35 and then 8-10 miles up the river on the left.

Ric
08-16-2007, 02:03 PM
I know where that is, mile marker in the 40's somewhere. They are cedar condo's up on the cliff right? They had a private dock up there last year 10-12 slips I heard its gone. If there is a ramp to use there that would be a good spot to launch.

Camp pedernales would be marker 35 and then 8-10 miles up the river on the left. ya that is them, I just don't remember any names or anything, the ramp was nice and protected by a natural looking crescent peninsula but for all I know it IS private

Harvey
08-16-2007, 03:03 PM
You are allowed to say one dumb thing per month here. Glad you fixed it and don't let it happen again!

Well, thats a relief. :D

TX.X-30 fan
08-16-2007, 03:05 PM
ya that is them, I just don't remember any names or anything, the ramp was nice and protected by a natural looking crescent peninsula but for all I know it IS private

Does seem silly to talk about that rocky, shallow, wind blown stink hole of a lake. :confused:

If only we were in Meechigan. ;)

Ric
08-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Does seem silly to talk about that rocky, shallow, wind blown stink hole of a lake. :confused:

If only we were in Meechigan. ;) One day though... One day I'm gonna work up the nerve to move there. I just don't know if I'm cool enough.

TX.X-30 fan
08-16-2007, 03:22 PM
One day though... One day I'm gonna work up the nerve to move there. I just don't know if I'm cool enough.

Give this a try. 8p

Sodar
08-16-2007, 03:25 PM
LAUGHING MY ARSE OFF RIGHT NOW!!!

I want to move to Texas, just to hang out with Ric, TX, Tex and JTX!! You guys are a riot!! I just don't know if I am cool enough!!

TX.X-30 fan
08-16-2007, 03:50 PM

I want to move to Texas, just to hang out with Ric, TX, Tex and JTX!! You guys are a riot!! I just don't know if I am cool enough!!

With these on, my guess is your not. :D

tex
08-16-2007, 03:51 PM

I told you-Come to Fort Worth!

Sodar
08-16-2007, 04:14 PM

With these on, my guess is your not. :D

I wear others....

But I still like my Oil Drums though!

TX.X-30 fan
08-16-2007, 04:31 PM
I wear others....

But I still like my Oil Drums though!

You look swamped today. ;)

That watch band looks a little gey, might want to check with Ric. :confused:

Sodar
08-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Watch is far from gey. The girlfriend just bought it for me a week ago.

http://www.bungersurf.com/nixon/nixon_images/2007-07/nixon_superhero_tide_watch.jpg

east tx skier
08-16-2007, 04:43 PM

Oh, thanks!

/not you #2, no you Frau, not you guy turning knobs trying to look busy.
//Picks up toys.
///Screw you guys, ... home.

TX.X-30 fan
08-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Watch is far from gey. The girlfriend just bought it for me a week ago.

http://www.bungersurf.com/nixon/nixon_images/2007-07/nixon_superhero_tide_watch.jpg

Does UMP know you have his watch. :confused:

Your girlfriend got you the Superhero model. :rolleyes:

Wait Wait Wait ok sorry I just threw-up in my mouth a little. :D

Ric
08-21-2007, 06:30 PM
wow I missed alot goin on in this thread!

hester
11-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Anyone know the story behind this boat. It's been for sale for a long time but what I'm looking for. Thanks

http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/472714187.html

east tx skier
11-08-2007, 07:52 PM
I googled the phone number and got a ton of boat listings on Craig's list. He's either a dealer or he's a broker. So as far as the story, I don't think you'll know more than this guy's going to tell you.

TX.X-30 fan
04-27-2009, 02:52 PM
So today has been a good day for the future lake travis water levels. The highland lakes watersheds have had heavy rains since after midnight and it still continues.

Travis is around 653 from a pool level of 681 and seasonal average of 670 or so. LCRA said last week we needed 10 to 12 inches in the watershed to get back to a seasonal average.

Up to this point it from 3 to 8" throughout the watershed and more falling as we speak.

Good news for the lake I know some on here come to travis a few times a season so this is good news for the lake. Hopefully we will get to the 670 range and be good to go for the summer. As it has been at the 653 range we had about 8 feet or so before most if not all ramps were dry and submerged objects start to become an issue.

Hopefully this is a sign we are emerging from one of the areas worst droughts and for 2 years one of the country's driest locations

X2M
04-27-2009, 06:35 PM
So today has been a good day for the future lake travis water levels. The highland lakes watersheds have had heavy rains since after midnight and it still continues.

Travis is around 653 from a pool level of 681 and seasonal average of 670 or so. LCRA said last week we needed 10 to 12 inches in the watershed to get back to a seasonal average.

Up to this point it from 3 to 8" throughout the watershed and more falling as we speak.

Good news for the lake I know some on here come to travis a few times a season so this is good news for the lake. Hopefully we will get to the 670 range and be good to go for the summer. As it has been at the 653 range we had about 8 feet or so before most if not all ramps were dry and submerged objects start to become an issue.

Hopefully this is a sign we are emerging from one of the areas worst droughts and for 2 years one of the country's driest locations

Flew into Austin in February and saw Lake Travis from the air. I was amazed at how low it was. Glad you guys have been finally getting the rain.

TX.X-30 fan
04-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Flew into Austin in February and saw Lake Travis from the air. I was amazed at how low it was. Glad you guys have been finally getting the rain.

I have not seen it from the air, but it does have a big white ring. They say 61% of capacity I had no idea it was that low.

So what were you in Austin for? Hope your trip was good.

turbosdad
04-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for updating this post. I was there without boat about a month ago and it was low. Lots of new real estate so to speak. We will be back in the summer and your report of rain upstream is music to my ears.

For all who havent seen Travis, it really is a Texas original...call it God's country. Woo hoo cant wait.

TX.X-30 fan
04-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Looks like so far we have gotten foot and half or so. Buchanan is 14' low so they will get the water first and we will wait our turn.

TX.X-30 fan
06-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Lake level dropping fast now and no rain in the foreseeable future. 9 out of the last 10 days over 100. Current level 645 above MSL full is 681. Ramps are going fast we still have private access to a good deep water ramp but my guess is not much longer. :mad::mad:

JohnE
06-24-2009, 09:24 AM
That's cause you live where it doesn't snow.

TMCNo1
06-24-2009, 09:27 AM

I just figured all the BS would have kept it full!:uglyhamme

TX.X-30 fan
06-24-2009, 09:31 AM

That is by design, now go paint that siding some more. :D

JohnE
06-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Can't paint. It started raining right after that gable was done. I have one more coat to put on the deck and haven't been able to in 2 weeks.

TX.X-30 fan
06-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Use fast drying waterproof paint.

JohnE
06-24-2009, 11:35 AM
How long would it take you to put on about 60 square of Hardi? Including trim.

TX.X-30 fan
06-24-2009, 07:57 PM
How long would it take you to put on about 60 square of Hardi? Including trim.

On your house with bucket lifts and cranes about a week. :D

Slodano
06-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Lake level dropping fast now and no rain in the foreseeable future. 9 out of the last 10 days over 100. Current level 645 above MSL full is 681. Ramps are going fast we still have private access to a good deep water ramp but my guess is not much longer. :mad::mad:
I have a tripped planned to Travis for July 16-19, have a room booked at the island. Am I going to be wasting my time pulling the boat up there from Houston?

snork
06-25-2009, 09:28 AM
No, you can put in on Lake Austin, LBJ or Buchanan

HMF007
06-25-2009, 09:57 AM
I would definately call the resort and see what they are telling people about boats because the island is a very long way from Lake Austin. Right now there is only one ramp open which is the mansfield dam and they say it should be closing in the next week or so unless you find a private ramp there will be no water access. There was a big deal on the news last night. I put in at Lakeway but it's a private ramp. You just need to find a private ramp around there and sneak in and out real quick.

JohnE
06-25-2009, 11:16 AM
On your house with bucket lifts and cranes about a week. :D

Will my cash rewards cover it?:D

TX.X-30 fan
06-26-2009, 08:17 AM
I have a tripped planned to Travis for July 16-19, have a room booked at the island. Am I going to be wasting my time pulling the boat up there from Houston?

Figure about a foot a week from now on so 641/642 lake level that will be touch and go for the 2 still open in Lago Vista. Water depth is fine its just getting in the water that is now posing a problem. PM me if you like and I can let you know, I live 10 min. from the island. You may depending on conditions want to look into the Marriott Horseshoe bay (LBJ) very nice resort and on constant level LBJ. Emerald is the best ramp in Lago right now but only has a few feet of concrete left and is steep and tricky to load and unload with the bow eye catching issues.

No, you can put in on Lake Austin, LBJ or Buchanan

No offence but the Island would not be a great location for boating the lakes you suggest for a vacation.

TX.X-30 fan
06-26-2009, 08:21 AM
I would definately call the resort and see what they are telling people about boats because the island is a very long way from Lake Austin. Right now there is only one ramp open which is the mansfield dam and they say it should be closing in the next week or so unless you find a private ramp there will be no water access. There was a big deal on the news last night. I put in at Lakeway but it's a private ramp. You just need to find a private ramp around there and sneak in and out real quick.

There are a few private ramps open here in the Lago area, I have access to another that is good to go for quite a while. Very long way from Austin?? 30 min??

TX.X-30 fan
06-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Island has a bar and grill and a small nice evening dining resaurant now so be a cool spot for a trip.

Slodano
06-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Figure about a foot a week from now on so 641/642 lake level that will be touch and go for the 2 still open in Lago Vista. Water depth is fine its just getting in the water that is now posing a problem. PM me if you like and I can let you know, I live 10 min. from the island. You may depending on conditions want to look into the Marriott Horseshoe bay (LBJ) very nice resort and on constant level LBJ. Emerald is the best ramp in Lago right now but only has a few feet of concrete left and is steep and tricky to load and unload with the bow eye catching issues.

No offence but the Island would not be a great location for boating the lakes you suggest for a vacation.
Thanks, for all the advise. I'll definitely get with you to see how it is before heading over there. The island supposedly has its own private launch, but from talking with someone else it probably is unusable. I really wish I could just stay on one of the other lakes around there, but there's a group of people I'm meeting up there that have a house rented on the water.

TX.X-30 fan
06-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks, for all the advise. I'll definitely get with you to see how it is before heading over there. The island supposedly has its own private launch, but from talking with someone else it probably is unusable. I really wish I could just stay on one of the other lakes around there, but there's a group of people I'm meeting up there that have a house rented on the water.

Well we tried yesterday to launch at Lago marina and its done for, emerald is still open but not much longer. We launched in Point Venture and the ramp is good to go and lots of pavement left at the end. It is a private ramp though.

TX.X-30 fan
07-02-2009, 06:52 PM
All public and most all private except the dam are closed. The dam will close at 640 a couple of feet away from that. We are going tomarrow for the last time. Lake Austin has closed the lake on the 4th, guess for safety with all the traffic from here headed there?

Guess I have lots of time to detail the boat. :D:D

Mullis434
07-02-2009, 07:03 PM
All public and most all private except the dam are closed. The dam will close at 640 a couple of feet away from that. We are going tomarrow for the last time. Lake Austin has closed the lake on the 4th, guess for safety with all the traffic from here headed there?

Guess I have lots of time to detail the boat. :D:D

I hate this damn drought. We havent been able to put in at our place on travis for about a month now. I think were headed to lbj this weekend and go see what that lake is about. I doubt it's as good as travis but hey its somewhere to to.

TX.X-30 fan
07-02-2009, 07:17 PM
I hate this damn drought. We havent been able to put in at our place on travis for about a month now. I think were headed to lbj this weekend and go see what that lake is about. I doubt it's as good as travis but hey its somewhere to to.

LBJ is a great lake, this weekend should be quite busy to say the least.

Head to the sandbar, most likely it will be a lively spot. ;)

Don't get any microbes shoved up your nose there though. :D

Mullis434
07-02-2009, 09:37 PM
LBJ is a great lake, this weekend should be quite busy to say the least.

Head to the sandbar, most likely it will be a lively spot. ;)

Don't get any microbes shoved up your nose there though. :D

Haha yeah I heard it goes on over there. Luckily I have a friend with a house on lbj so he's going to take us over to the sandbar because I have no idea where it is. Should be a fun weekend though lbj for friday and saturday and then 2 hotels rooms on 6th street for a birthday night.

You got any plans for the weekend?

TX.X-30 fan
07-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Eat BBQ and watch fireworks, play some tx holdem and drink a few beers.

I like the sound of your weekend better, have a great time.

turbosdad
07-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey man, we are going to be heading to LV on the 17th. They say Emerald is good to 635. Right or Wrong??

Are you saying the ramp at PV is good if I can get in??

Are there any places that have a slow slope that a 4x4 could land launch? Maybe Dink Pearson park??

Let's get a crane and lift boats in and out.....how much 20 in 150 out;)

TX.X-30 fan
07-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey man, we are going to be heading to LV on the 17th. They say Emerald is good to 635. Right or Wrong??

Are you saying the ramp at PV is good if I can get in??

Are there any places that have a slow slope that a 4x4 could land launch? Maybe Dink Pearson park??

Let's get a crane and lift boats in and out.....how much 20 in 150 out;)

Emerald was open Friday night but it was at the bottom of the pavement and no way it will be open by the 17th. PV sent an email to residents that they were going to close the ramp as early as Friday, I have not been down there to see if they did and our friends are out of town. I doubt it will be open by the 17th.

There is a huge sandbar at PV now but as far as I know a muddy bottom, I have never launched from the shore so not sure with these heavy boats its doable. I am going to ask around and see if any long time locals know a spot to shore launch.

We are not very happy as you can imagine but hey its what it is. PM me if I can help, and I will let you know if I figure out how to get in the agua.

turbosdad
07-05-2009, 05:45 PM
man, that report hurts. But as you say, it is what it is. What is the nearest lake/ramp from lago or jonestown?? Appreciate the update. Bump this dude if it rains a little. 5 feet would make a world of difference.

turbosdad
10-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Heard that lake was to rise 10+ feet tonight or tomorrow????????????

HMF007
10-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Yup I went and checked on the dock last night. All the lines were slack. We got about ten or eleven feet. Only 20 ft. to go...

kingwoodlee
10-23-2009, 10:28 AM
That's awesome!

TX.X-30 fan
10-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Yup I went and checked on the dock last night. All the lines were slack. We got about ten or eleven feet. Only 20 ft. to go...

Where on the lake are you? We look down at about marker 29.

turbosdad
10-24-2009, 11:39 PM
We were in Lago Vista across from the Paleface Park but south of the the Island. Just sold our house. Anyway, we will still go as often as we can. We live in Friendswood, by Clear Lake, south of Houston. Great to see the water back up

HMF007
10-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Where on the lake are you? We look down at about marker 29.

We are at #16. Lakeway.

TX.X-30 fan
02-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Well its been 2+ years but Travis is 1/2 a foot above seasonal average at 671!!!!!!!!!! The drought is officially over. 10 more feet and she will be full to the brim.

turbosdad
02-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Well its been 2+ years but Travis is 1/2 a foot above seasonal average at 671!!!!!!!!!! The drought is officially over. 10 more feet and she will be full to the brim.

All I had to do was sell the house and i knew the water would come back up. Dang just my luck. Looks like a different place, I'm sure.

bbymgr
02-08-2010, 08:38 PM

Hopefully it will stay up and you can have a great boating season.

HMF007
02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
The lake looks totally different. I can't wait for it to warm up. I'd put money that we are going to hit 680 within the next two weeks.

broncotw
02-08-2010, 10:57 PM
One of my favorite places to ski!!! GREAT News!!!

flya750
02-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Great News Guys!!! I can't imagine the frustrations....

TX.X-30 fan
02-09-2010, 11:37 AM
All I had to do was sell the house and i knew the water would come back up. Dang just my luck. Looks like a different place, I'm sure.

My Lake view is back to great. :D

Hopefully it will stay up and you can have a great boating season.

Took 2 years of drought to get as bad as it was and we still were able to play below the 630 level just fine.

TX.X-30 fan
02-15-2010, 06:14 PM
674.1............................... pool is 681.

turbosdad
02-15-2010, 08:52 PM
I will do a drive by this Thursday. Have trip to Marble Falls. Last time I was there it was at 629. I have a feeling that it is going to look a little different.

TX.X-30 fan
02-16-2010, 11:26 AM
I will do a drive by this Thursday. Have trip to Marble Falls. Last time I was there it was at 629. I have a feeling that it is going to look a little different.

Boarding under the 71 bridge now instead of mowing the grass.. :D

kingwoodlee
02-16-2010, 11:58 AM
I am happy for everyone on Lake Travis! Now maybe the traffic on Lake LBJ will get back to normal, as is seems like everyone from Austin was using our lake while Travis was down. Oh well, glad we could share. Maybe I'll drag my MC X-10 over to Travis and use their water sometime this summer. Been there lots of times and the Perdenales River has some of the best water around.

TX.X-30 fan
02-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Full of water just in time :rolleyes:

http://www.aquapalooza.com/

turbosdad
02-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Aquapalooza on Lake Travis..............wow. They have one almost every weekend.

You gonna go?

Silverdawg
04-11-2010, 06:40 PM
We are heading down in June. I took some pics of our rental house and the marina we use is just about underwater...again.

This will be the first time for me on Travis without my Cobalt. Anxious to check out my X45 and how she will handle the bigger water.

Just glad the dam* lake is back to full. Had cancel last year due to the lake being empty...

turbosdad
04-11-2010, 06:55 PM
We are heading down in June. I took some pics of our rental house and the marina we use is just about underwater...again.

This will be the first time for me on Travis without my Cobalt. Anxious to check out my X45 and how she will handle the bigger water.

Just glad the dam* lake is back to full. Had cancel last year due to the lake being empty...

the lake looks great, we sold our house in Lago Vista in November. i told the agent that as soon as we do, the lake will rise 20 feet...............boy was I wrong..............it has raised 50+ feet.
That is a great boat. If you dont have a large family then you will have no problem finding the friends to help you fill it up.
We will be there in July.

turbosdad
06-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Full of water just in time :rolleyes:

http://www.aquapalooza.com/

so how do you think things are shaping up for this event there? Any guess on number of boats that will tie up??

Silverdawg
06-18-2010, 12:55 AM
so how do you think things are shaping up for this event there? Any guess on number of boats that will tie up??

I'll tell you how the lake is this week:D