PDA

View Full Version : Cats go in for summer slumber....

JohnnyB
03-31-2007, 10:17 PM
It was a rainy, cold day today. I spend 1/2 day in the garage getting my sleds ready for storage and then this afternoon swapped my sleds and trailer for my boat in the storage space.

Here's some pics of my work.....they're all set to go for next year.

JohnnyB
03-31-2007, 10:19 PM

JohnnyB
03-31-2007, 10:20 PM
:D :cool: :D :cool:

JohnnyB
03-31-2007, 10:21 PM
:D :cool: :cool:

Maristar210
03-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Put those things away Johnny. We've got better things to do these days:D

Besides I hate working on those AC's

JohnnyB
03-31-2007, 10:22 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool:

JohnnyB
03-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Put those things away Johnny. We've got better things to do these days:D

Done....

Got a break in the rain and got my MC home mostly dry had to hustle to get it in the garage before the next showers started....thus, no pics.

Datdude
04-01-2007, 10:05 PM
You should have waited.....they are calling for snow this week

jlf
04-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Put ours away too this weekend, don't care how much snow anyone gets I'm ready for summer!!

jlf
04-02-2007, 11:44 AM
:D :cool: :cool:
The dealer we bought my sled from this year gave us a tip to help with keeping the exhaust from rusting like that. He told us to spray a light coat of WD40 over the entire engine compartment and on the skies and suspension too. It really helps.

Datdude
04-02-2007, 04:14 PM
The dealer we bought my sled from this year gave us a tip to help with keeping the exhaust from rusting like that. He told us to spray a light coat of WD40 over the entire engine compartment and on the skies and suspension too. It really helps.

Only Cats rust..................:cool:

Sorry...I couldn't help it:o

Thrall
04-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Paint yer pipes JohnnyB!! Seriously, put up the sleds yesterday too. Stabil, sucked out the gas, greased, changed chaincaseoil (in the RMK), painted the pipes, and coated everything liberally w/ Armorall and/or WD40 (good tip, works well). Took darn near all day, cleaned up the trailer too. Ready to pull out the boat now!
Neverending projects though. Still have to pull/rebuild shocks on both sleds, secondary work on the M7, etc, etc.
Have to re-wire the stereo and rebuild the RW pump in the MC before going out this year, along w/ a list of about 20 other things. But she's seaworthy now, the rest of the stuff can wait I guess.

Nice ZL's JohnnyB. Just sold my wife's ZR500 this year. That little sled ripped for a 500. Fun to ride.

JohnnyB
04-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Paint yer pipes JohnnyB!! Seriously, put up the sleds yesterday too. Stabil, sucked out the gas, greased, changed chaincaseoil (in the RMK), painted the pipes, and coated everything liberally w/ Armorall and/or WD40 (good tip, works well). Took darn near all day, cleaned up the trailer too. Ready to pull out the boat now!
Neverending projects though. Still have to pull/rebuild shocks on both sleds, secondary work on the M7, etc, etc.
Have to re-wire the stereo and rebuild the RW pump in the MC before going out this year, along w/ a list of about 20 other things. But she's seaworthy now, the rest of the stuff can wait I guess.

Nice ZL's JohnnyB. Just sold my wife's ZR500 this year. That little sled ripped for a 500. Fun to ride.

Engines and exhaust pipes get coated every year with food grade silicone spray which is easier on rubber parts. Sled with the pipe in need of paint has 8700 miles on it....pipe has never been painted.

JohnnyB
04-03-2007, 02:15 PM
The previous reply was me trying to team-talk from my Blackberry....its a PITA.

Anyway, good comments from jlf and Thrall.

As far as metal preservatives....all metal outside the engine compartement (bolts, ball joints, track tension bolts, etc) get a spray-down with Tri-Flow.

Engine block gets cleaned with a rag and denatured alcohol and then the entire compartment gets sprayed with food grade silicone spray.

I used to coat the clutch sheaves with WD-40 and then clean them with Alcohol in the spring but this is a lot of work for not much gain.

Seats and plastic get 303'd.

Calling for snow here tonight...3-6inches....too little, too late

Bring on summer:D

Thrall
04-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I wasn't raggin' on your pipes JohnnyB, just kidding.
Another little sled tip. Every year, more often if you put JohnnyB's kind of miles on. (Man, I remember the one winter I lived up in Park Falls, WI. Put over 4000mi on that year!) Scuff the clutch sheaves. I use 240grit and get them pretty well roughed up. Almost feels like you rebuilt the clutches if they're really smooth or glazed as a comparison.
Belt hooks up alot better and lasts longer, not as much slippage.
What's TriFlow? I've always used WD4o to spray down the suspension, skid, etc.