PDA

View Full Version : I almost had a coronary

JohnnyB
03-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Went to get my boat out of storage today. When I opened the garage door, there was a puddle of oil underneath the drain hole. I right away noticed it was completely black which assured me there was no water in it. I still very anxiously uncovered it and threw open the motor cover. There was a single narrow strip of oil going down the center of the bilge coming from underneath the oil pan. Reaching in above where the line started had me find that the new drain hose I installed on the bottom of the oil pan was leaking very slowly where it is threaded in. Whew!

Murphy's Law was coming into play though because I now had a big oil stain to clean out of my Dad's perfectly clean garage.

Also, I found that my left brake caliper was frozen up with a death grip on the disk. I had to take the caliper off so that I could tow it.

Ugh....nice to have my MC safe at home in my garage now :D

dapicatti
03-31-2007, 09:08 PM
Yikes! Glad to hear it was no big deal, but I would have had the same reaction.

JohnnyB
03-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Yikes! Glad to hear it was no big deal, but I would have had the same reaction.

Oils only about a quart low.

I will be experiencing some anxiety until I can get it in the driveway with the fake-a-lake on it and run it :o

point1234
04-01-2007, 09:43 AM
There would of been more of a oil stain on the garage floor if I would of seen that.

ShawnE
04-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Similar situation when I was "dewintering" the boat upnort. I found a hazel nut sitting on one of the butterflys in my carb yesterday....I didn't put the spark arrestor back on after fogging last fall. Piston tops would make very expensive nut crackers!

JohnnyB
04-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Scary stuff as rodents can do lots of damage. Squirrels like to chew on plastic stuff...i.e. wire insulation, arrestor cover, etc. Did you tape your exhaust flaps shut??

I'd give your boat a careful going-over to make sure your furry pals didn't decide to stockpile food in other areas of your boat or sharpen their teeth on anything critical.