PDA

View Full Version : Help me Identify my boat, I am lost!

tonysk83
03-31-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey guys,

My doesn't use his boat pretty much ever so he is lending it to use to use at our new lake property. I am sitting here trying to figure out what kind of boat it is from a very weak picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/tonylandek/boat.jpg

From searching google, ebay, reading manuals, and other info, I have determined it to be a 1989 Mastercraft Maristar 210. My uncle bought this boat new in 1989, and he had quite a bit of money. I assume this boat was pretty expensive back then by the still high prices they go for, considering it is a 17 year old boat. The other thing we are certain about is the boat is 21 ft. long.

Can you guys tell me from that pic if I am correct about the make and model? The boat was purchased around Christmas of 1989, so it could be an 1989 or a 1990.

My other question is, with a wakeboard tower installed, is this boat capable of wakeboarding with?

CarlosCabanas
03-31-2007, 09:06 PM
It's a "yuiop", at least that's what it says at the bottom of the pic....:D :D :D

Maristar210
03-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Definately a Maristar and around 1990 IMO.

Wlcome to the board. Where are you getting her wet?

Leroy
03-31-2007, 09:17 PM
If it's a 21' Maristar wakeboard wake will be good and ski wake adequate.

Best of all it's the right price!

Which lake are you on?

Welcome to to board!!:toast:

TMCNo1
03-31-2007, 09:55 PM
It's a "yuiop", at least that's what it says at the bottom of the pic....:D :D :D

I figured that one out! The picture was propped up on a keyboard, then photographed to post

TMCNo1
03-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Were those people kind of short? A friend has a '90 MariStar 210 with the same trailer and it just doesn't look that big. Do you have any original sale documents to back up the 210/21' theory or is it a MariStar 240.

Maristar210
03-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Nice sweater by the way:rolleyes:

tonysk83
04-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Thanks for making fun of my grandpa JERK! 8p Oh the fashion styles of the late 80's.

We are going to be docking her at Lake Carroll in Illinois, 600 acre man made lake. We are going to build a house there as well, lake front property. Waiting till all the craziness around the house lessens before starting the project(sisters wedding, brother has a baby on the way).

We are going to dock it this spring and use it as a starter boat, get used to the whole boating thing, along with my uncles help. Apparently two of my uncles and another guy bought 4 of these boats at once. My one uncle gave one to my grandpa and kept one for himself, and inherited when my grandpa died, so he is giving it to us to use at the lake.

As for it possibly being a 240, my uncle said it was a 21 ft so I am guessing he is right. We are going to bring it down to the lake in a few weeks when it opens up for the season.

Can't wait to start wakeboarding and learning about boats!

Maristar210
04-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Thanks for making fun of my grandpa JERK! Oh the fashion styles of the late 80's.

We are going to be docking her at Lake Carroll in Illinois, 600 acre man made lake. We are going to build a house there as well, lake front property. Waiting till all the craziness around the house lessens before starting the project(sisters wedding, brother has a baby on the way).

We are going to dock it this spring and use it as a starter boat, get used to the whole boating thing, along with my uncles help. Apparently two of my uncles and another guy bought 4 of these boats at once. My one uncle gave one to my grandpa and kept one for himself, and inherited when my grandpa died, so he is giving it to us to use at the lake.

As for it possibly being a 240, my uncle said it was a 21 ft so I am guessing he is right. We are going to bring it down to the lake in a few weeks when it opens up for the season.

Can't wait to start wakeboarding and learning about boats!

Just playing with ya. No need to call me a jerk8p 8p ;)

Post any question you may have. We'll answer them:D

Sodar
04-01-2007, 01:22 AM
Just playing with ya. No need to call me a jerk
Post any question you may have. We'll answer them:D

Wow, this guy caught on quick!!! Just Kidding Steve!!! 8p ;) 8p

jmac197
04-01-2007, 01:23 AM
What about the hull identification number? That should tell all! If you post it I'm sure the guru's here will have an answer real quick. It can be found on the stern on the starboard side. right rear for the rest of us.

Jim