PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Brakes

454Barefoot
03-30-2007, 08:55 PM
I pulled all the drums, bearings and etc. off of my '98 Dual axle trailer and was wondering if anyone knew the parts number for the inner seal and how to go about getting new brake shoes.
Thanks

TMCNo1
03-30-2007, 09:15 PM
My first logical answer would be to check with a MC dealer. MC Customer Service should have the PN's if the dealer doesn't.
Or contact UFP (Unique Functional Products) @ 1-800-835-9211, follow prompts and ask for Cindy. If that is your brake sytem, they can help you. Regardless, use the Bearing Buddy or Trailer Buddy rear seal, cause it's better than a regular rear seal.
Please post your findings on here for others to benefit from, thanks!

east tx skier
03-30-2007, 11:08 PM
If none of that bears fruit, call trailers by dorsey in Oklahoma. Very good customer service.

parrish1
03-31-2007, 02:15 AM
I just replaced my drum brakes---entire assembly or called back plate I believe. Includes back plate, shoes, springs, wheel cylinder. All in one piece sent to me direct from Waymire industries. About 45 bucks per side on my single axle. Easy job and these are original parts. Mastercraft gets all trailer parts through Waymire who is the supplier for the manufactur. They are very helpful and familiar with your/our trailers. Just call them direct and they will ship to your door. No numbers off trailer needed. Good luck
I also installed a new brake actuator bought from them-178.00 compared to 250.00 from dealer.

JohnnyB
04-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Parrish1,

Thanks for the info on Waymire. I looked at their website and found the calipers for my disc brakes.

Do you know if they've fixed the issue with the brakes they offer based on the TSB for frozen-up piston in the caliper.

My 2004 brake caliper pistons are pretty gummed up. One is frozen and one is not working well.

454Barefoot
04-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Waymire Industries is way cool thanks for the lead, with 10 minutes I had a 4 brake kits, 20 wheel studs, a master cylinder, seals and a bearing ordered with a total price of only around $250.

JohnnyB
04-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Called Waymire a couple of times and they didn't know quite what to recommend for my 2004 PS 197 trailer. I talked to Chuck at BAWS today and he told me that Kodiak brand calipers replaced the original OEM caliper to fix the frozen piston problem. Ordered them from BAWS at what I consider a reasonable price for brakes and pads (comparable in price to what Waymire was willling to sell me on the chance they fit).

As always, BAWS takes good care of me!!!

Thanks to Chuck and Jim...you'll continue to get my business at 2000mi away!