PDA

View Full Version : How you use a can opener?

87MCProstar
03-30-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't want to get any flack about opening a refreshment, I have noticed people have can openers to clean out speed pick ups. How do you perform that trick?

jenglin
03-30-2007, 03:26 PM
What?????? Please explain for the "slow" ppl (meaning me). What do you mean by a can opener being used to clean out speed pick ups?

87MCProstar
03-30-2007, 03:30 PM
i don't know either, thats what I am trying to find out. I have seen some posts about using an opener for that, kinda made me go mmm too

dmayer84
03-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Are you talking about the paint can opener to pull the impeller?

east tx skier
03-30-2007, 03:48 PM
For the pickups, a safety pin would unclog them. But the clogged again so fast it was almost not worth the effort.

A new set of pickups will run you about $30 and even with all the silt in one of the lakes we frequent, we've not clogged it yet.

ski_king
03-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Check out this thread. The photo I attached is gone, but there are some good ideas on here.

I am going to update my pickups this year and hopefully wont need to clean mine as often.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-30-2007, 05:31 PM
I am sooooo confused by this thread, I don't know if I should answer how my electric can opener works, or explain how my Klein beer bottle opener works...Either way, I'll sit back and drink this beer in a can (That opens with the pull of the tab) and figure it out later.....:confused:

east tx skier
03-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Check out this thread. The photo I attached is gone, but there are some good ideas on here.

I am going to update my pickups this year and hopefully wont need to clean mine as often.

As easy as it was to do, I can't believe I waited as long as I did. Mine has not clogged since I bought it last year.

TMCNo1
03-30-2007, 07:06 PM
I have to assume the can opener is used to open all the beers it takes for you to get enough buzz going, so you can blow and suck on your speedo pickups on the boat ramp, while all the Wally's laugh at you, commenting you have a real affection for your boat!

Harvey
03-30-2007, 09:12 PM
I used to have a small pipe cleaner that I kept in my old boat that I would use to clean the pickups. The other thing that usually worked was after the boat was out of the water placing my mouth over the back side of it and blowing air as hard as I could through it. Both methods worked great.

Hoosier Bob
03-30-2007, 09:18 PM
I would try the safety pin first. The can opener, I believe should never be used around water anyway!;)

Older style can be blown out but newer I believe have more to them.

TMCNo1
03-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Several years back, Mastercraft gave away floating key chains at events and TMC membership packages, with a little screw type needle called a "Speedo Rooter", Speedometer Intake Cleaning Tool. I keep one on my keychain.

dapicatti
03-31-2007, 01:01 PM
I thought the beer opener was on my flip flop.........

TX.X-30 fan
03-31-2007, 01:15 PM
I am sooooo confused by this thread, I don't know if I should answer how my electric can opener works, or explain how my Klein beer bottle opener works...Either way, I'll sit back and drink this beer in a can (That opens with the pull of the tab) and figure it out later.....:confused:

LOL W4T I must be dense what the sh$t are we talking about. :confused:

Ric
03-31-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't want to get any flack about opening a refreshment, We are all about what you want here at Team Talk.