PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial Section

puck_11
03-29-2007, 06:48 PM
How come this website doesn't have a tutorial section like other boat/wakeboarding websites? It seems like it would be a lot easier to just go to that section and look it up, complete with pictures, then to do a search and look through the 15 threads that have already asked the same question, or god forbid, ask the question again. I know that we have an FAQ, but that only takes you so far, other websites have pictures. I'm sure there are more than enough members on here with spare time to create a short tutorial on how to change an impellar, oil their teak platform (how many times does this get brought up?) buff/wetsand your hull, just in general, questions that most newbie and veteran boat owners have on how to do their own maintenance. Does anybody else agree with me?

On another note, I think the only way that you can get to the FAQ is by clicking on Eastie's link, or am I wrong? The FAQ on the title bar only helps you with posting information and doing a search for it brings up too many threads, its hard for a newbie to find.

Awesome forum though, I've learned a ton so far :)

east tx skier
03-29-2007, 07:39 PM
I think W4T is in charge of that. 8p I kid. I kid.

I think there's a link to Harold's teak tutorial in there. If you'd like to do an impeller write up, I'd be glad to link it.

In addition to my sig. and some others, it's also stickied to the top of the general and off topic folders.

TMCNo1
03-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Call, PM, e-mail or ask Toober Tom here on TT, anything you need to know!:D I think he has a boat, a dealership, a place, or something somewhere in Georgia or Florida! "The man to call, when ya want to know it all!"

Leroy
03-29-2007, 08:55 PM
It's so I can start answering the questions about the 3rd or 4th time they are asked! ;)

BriEOD
03-29-2007, 09:24 PM
If you review the FAQ thread their are some tutorials posted. For example, teak maintenance, electronic igntion conversion, etc.

On another note, I infer from your location and profile that you are learning to fly Hercs?