PDA

View Full Version : Ski shopping

caliguyinTN
03-29-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm looking to buy a new ski for the season after making the mistake of buying an HO Phantom Truth off of ebay at the end of last summer. The ski wasn't the right one for me and everyone else that tried it. I'm looking for suggestions on a great ski to purchase. I'm an intermediate skier looking to ski the course this summer. I can hit the buoys without trouble with the beginner course. I've been free-skiing for the past 10 years and now I'm looking to get serious about skiing the real course. If any of you can suggest a great choice, help a brotha out.

Ric
03-29-2007, 03:05 PM
always a pleasure seeing your posts caliguy. It takes me to your photoalbum immediately
!!

caliguyinTN
03-29-2007, 03:11 PM
i'll be adding some great shots to my album hopefully starting this weekend. Glad to be of service.

TNH2oSkier
03-30-2007, 05:08 PM
What kind of budget, and what size ski?

The truth was terrible, sorry you got hung on that one.

You might find a d-3 custom 4, or nomad, HO system 8 on Ski it again for a decent price. I would also check into a radar senate.

Where are you in TN?

rodltg2
03-30-2007, 05:13 PM
i agree if your not a HO guy maybe try the KD or D3 skiis. if going new i would suggest the D3 Custom. if you want to save some bucks buy an older KD. i have a KD Platinum that belonged to J.Paredes if your interested in that

caliguyinTN
03-30-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm looking for a 67" in the $400 to $650 range with double boots. I'm looking for suggestions on the best ski to buy so that I'm not screwed on a purchase like I was with the truth. The truth is a 67", I'm pretty sure that is the correct size for me. I'm 5'10, 190. Should be the right size, correct me if I'm wrong. My weight seems high for my height. I'll say I'm built pretty solid, not a fat a**.
I'm in the Nashville area and my MC is stored at Center Hill Lake. Where are you at?

corey
03-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Ski size boils down to weight and skiing speed. If you are just starting in the course you will likely be starting a little slower than you normally free ski.

Don't let the Phantom turn you off to H.O. The Phantom was definitally not the right ski for many people, it was designed as a very high end ski and was pretty tempermental. The Phantom was built for 36 mph skiers that were hitting 28' off and deeper in the course. It is to stiff for slower speeds in my opinion.

Based on price range (and assumed skiing speed) I would recommend the H.O. Triumph or the Obrien Mission.

TNH2oSkier
03-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Cali Guy, I am in Maryville, and ski on Tellico mostly. I have a 67 D-3 Tightline with HO binding pattern I would probably let go of for a decent price. Still have your HO bindings?

VTJC
03-30-2007, 10:35 PM
H2Osmosis's Ride Before you buy program might be helpful, http://www.h2osmosis.com/waterski_gear.php3. Seth and Tadd are great guys. Jamie

caliguyinTN
04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
i checked ski it again and saw a few HOs that I'm interested in. Would the phantom bindings I currently have, fit any HO ski? I don't mind the bindings plus I'd rather not any more $$ if I can use it all towards the best ski and use the bindings i have?