PDA

View Full Version : Weighting tips for PS 190

HoustonAttorney
03-29-2007, 02:46 PM
I have a 1991 w/ND tower. Now I need some wake.

How much weight can I reasonably add for wakeboarding? I have seen the various ballast options, but what range of weight is reasonable to add?

Also, where is the best place in this boat to put the ballast, and maximize seating/storage? I know about the lounge you can put in the back that adds some ungodly amount of weight when full of water. Anyone tried this?

Thanks for any tips.

Byrdman
03-29-2007, 03:00 PM
In my 91 PS190, here is what I found that worked the best for me. first put 150-200 lbs in the nose, I used sand. then I removed the back seat and put two sacs, 500 lbs each, in the shape of a V around the motor cover and the point of the V pointing to the back middle of the boat. No matter how much wieght you put in that boat, you are not going to get a huge wake, but it will be rampy and fun. I tried many different ways to weight the boat down, but this worked best for me. Good luck and let us know how it turns out...

tones03
03-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Load it up with people, those years of a 190 I do not think there is a way to get a huge wake. My neighbor has one, and we can only get a decent wake when loaded up with people and gear, I havent tried just weight or a fat sack.

HoustonAttorney
03-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the tips. Good stuff.

I suppose I could also just start soliciting some extra weighty folks to serve as ballasts. Probably cheaper and just as effective to use their weight. What would I call that thread though...hmmm

JKTX21
03-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Fun question, as I love to weight down my 190. We've gotten a pretty healthy wake out of my boat with 1500 lbs. I agree with everyone else, the more weight you put in your 91, the bigger ramp you will get. I'd say you are probably running the right amout of weight in the right places to optimize the wake.