PDA

View Full Version : dental implants kicked my A$$

milkmania
03-28-2007, 11:35 PM
not a bit of pain the second day, but oh man......
the swelling:eek3:

TMCNo1
03-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Other than that, are you doing alright? Looks like the swelling I had from a abcess on a front tooth.

suedv
03-29-2007, 12:08 AM
That doesn't look like fun. Kind of reminds me of how my daughter looked after getting her wisdom teeth pulled. Take it easy.

milkmania
03-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Other than that, are you doing alright? Looks like the swelling I had from a abcess on a front tooth.

oral surgeon walked in......

and like a dummy, I said, "so, you're the little guy that's gonna whoop my ***?"

I think I offended him:o

now, in 4 months, the oral surgeon is gonna cut me back open, expose the posts, and send me to the dentist:rolleyes:

Leroy
03-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Ouch! Ice is always good for swelling. My son had this headband that would hold a frozen strip of ice water that worked good for him after having 4 wisdom teeth removed.

Or maybe you can just apply a cold beverage directly! :D

Hope you get to feeling better quickly Milk!

ski_king
03-29-2007, 08:34 AM
dental implants kicked my bum

I feel for you Milk, but are you sure the docter worked on the right end?

I have a friend who went thru the same thing and said it is worth it in the end.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Leroy, looks like your dog is nursing him back to health! Dogs are the schiznit! There is a small lab mix at the local animal shelter that I would love to adopt....:o :o

TMCNo1
03-29-2007, 10:16 AM
not a bit of pain the second day, but oh man......
the swelling:eek3:

Do I see a certain resemblance here, but without the eye patch,

RexDog1
03-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Milk sorry dude ……..I learned a long time ago never offended your DR……LOL
I also made a short joke to a DR. before he set my broken arm……….:mad:
Comedy is all about timing….:rolleyes:

Leroy
03-29-2007, 10:17 AM
UMP' Everyone that gets sick wants the healing powers of Cocoa. She will stay with anyone that is sick until they are well.

Get the dog, you will never regret it!

Leroy, looks like your dog is nursing him back to health! Dogs are the schiznit! There is a small lab mix at the local animal shelter that I would love to adopt....:o :o

SkiDog
03-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Milk, I feel for ya bro! Get better soon! Dog

trickskier
03-29-2007, 11:02 AM
I had an implant put in for a molar last year...........No pain no swelling......Was your tooth infected???

GET WELL SOON!!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Milk, I hope that swelling clears up by MM3! otherwise that could weight down the X star too far to one side.;) 8p

milkmania
03-29-2007, 11:28 AM
I had an implant put in for a molar last year...........No pain no swelling......Was your tooth infected???

GET WELL SOON!!!

nope, not infected at all.... had two extractions a couple of months ago. they gave it time to heal, then inserted the rods/pins/whatever on tuesday:confused:

trickskier
03-29-2007, 11:45 AM
nope, not infected at all.... had two extractions a couple of months ago. they gave it time to heal, then inserted the rods/pins/whatever on tuesday:confused:
Yeah, it was about a 4 month process for me from start to finish.

Good Luck!!!

cbryan70
03-29-2007, 12:33 PM
If the swelling is still bad cut up some rags get them wet throw them in baggies then freeze them. thats what i did when i got my wisdom teeth pulled and i had no swelling. The doc was amazed

milkmania
09-06-2007, 10:50 PM
update:

the oral surgeon kicked my a$$ again!!!!:mad:

August 28th. went in to have the gums opened up around the implants...

new definition:
General Anesthesia = shoulda known something was up

well, anyway, this surgeon cuts skin off of my soft pallette (roof of mouth) and grafts that skin to the outside of my gums!!!:eek3:

so, I am incredibly sore in two places instead of one!!!:rant:

and I have to go back to him in 2 more weeks to see if he can release me to my dentist.

note to self:
request better drugs!

Leroy
09-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Ouch, hope the drugs have kicked in and get well quickly.

Hoosier Bob
09-07-2007, 12:00 AM
I just caught this thread! Wow I can't wait to see Milky at MMIII now that he has "Implants!" Way to take one for the Team Milky! Aren't you taking this whole "Milk" thing a little too far?:o

milkmania
09-07-2007, 12:07 AM
I just caught this thread! Wow I can't wait to see Milky at MMIII now that he has "Implants!" Way to take one for the Team Milky! Aren't you taking this whole "Milk" thing a little too far?:o

can't make it to MMIII
saving money

no teef....no money....no worries;)

looks like at least another month to get the implants implanted:rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
09-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Can't wait to see them Brian! I always thought you would look better with implants anyway!

milkmania
09-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Ouch, hope the drugs have kicked in and get well quickly.

not alot of help.......

one OXYCOD/APAP 5 500 MG "TYLOX"
and1000 to 1200 mg Ibuprofen at least every 5 hours

If I take two Tylox's..... I can't motorvate:o

Leroy
09-07-2007, 12:14 AM
You need some viks, I always think choice of pain or stupor.....stupor wins everytime!

Hoosier Bob
09-07-2007, 12:17 AM
I thought Vikes but now I am into something that sounds like Hydrocodone 10 MG? Man that crap ROCKS!;) Not that I would now but a good friend told me so and he plays for the COLTS WHO ARE KICKING BUTT!8p You need some viks, I always think choice of pain or stupor.....stupor wins everytime!

milkmania
09-07-2007, 12:19 AM
You need some viks, I always think choice of pain or stupor.....stupor wins everytime!

I was in so much pain Sunday,this surgeon met me AT THE OFFICE!!!!