PDA

View Full Version : perfect pass issue

ctkiteboarding
03-28-2007, 07:19 PM
ok, i start the boat and the perfect pass powers up normally then 3 to 5 minutes later she goes black ,,, it still beeps when u touch a control button but i can't see the display,,, if i don't start the motor and turn the key to the on position only, she stays powered and seems to function normal? any ideas,,

i just did a voltage system ck and she says 11.7 12.2 kinda back and forth ,seems low ,ill ck at the battery,

im pretty sure she's not charging 12.2 at the battery when at idle if im correct she should be at least 13 volts at idle

east tx skier
03-29-2007, 12:14 AM
BUMP for you. No ideas here.

H20skeefreek
03-29-2007, 12:20 AM
aarona@accesscable.net this guy works for Perfect Pass. He helped me with an issue. Give him a shout.

bigmac
03-29-2007, 01:40 AM
I got nothing...except to say that Perfect Pass is reputed to be VERY responsive on the phone and I have no doubt they'd be more than happy to help you. I've called them twice in the last couple of years while installing my own PP and found them very enthusiastic.

Phone (902) 468-2150

E Mail Tech Support: techsupport@perfectpass.com
E Mail Randy Eisener: randy@perfectpass.com

BrianM
03-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Sounds like a low voltage issue to me . The PP is very sensitive to voltage drops. Call PP they will help you out for sure. Good people.

ctkiteboarding
03-29-2007, 12:58 PM
gotta call into perfect pass now they are super helpful, but its lunch time:rolleyes: ,
i did a voltage test again the battery is 12.45 with the engine off ,
i start the motor and with a little rpm she goes to 13.62 which is perfect,,

then i ck the voltage at the PP module and its 11.7 im thinking its too low, can the voltage drop that much?

a friend has the same set up and suggested i run a larger gauge wire to keep the voltage from dropping,

just seems strange that the PP will work when the key is on with the motor off, but after i start the motor the PP shuts down?:confused: R

Ric
03-29-2007, 01:15 PM
ok, i start the boat and the perfect pass powers up normally then 3 to 5 minutes later she goes black ,,, it still beeps when u touch a control button but i can't see the display,,, if i don't start the motor and turn the key to the on position only, she stays powered and seems to function normal? any ideas,,

i just did a voltage system ck and she says 11.7 12.2 kinda back and forth ,seems low ,ill ck at the battery,

im pretty sure she's not charging 12.2 at the battery when at idle if im correct she should be at least 13 volts at idle anxious to hear your results, my bet is you simply replace the display.

ctkiteboarding
03-29-2007, 03:51 PM
spoke with randy at perfect pass, we did a quick ck of the voltage by disconnecting the servo power lead ,, the gauge was reading 11.7 and now reads 12.4 which he said was good,,

he recommended powering the system thru the ignition key and not the tach that should keep the volts up, also ck my ground to make sure its a solid contact,,

im going to do this and hope it solves my issue,,

we also spoke about powering thru an unused accessory switch, gotta remember to shut it off thou:( ,

damn i need this system to work i always get the short end of the stick mostly because of poor drivers and that's because i drive almost all the time , the guys at perfect pass are great and i highly recommend them :) R

Never2old
04-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Any luck yet it getting the system working?

beatle78
04-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I had a system that would randomly reset while the boat was in motion. Turned out that the power wire had come lose and the vibration would cause the wire to bounce around on the pole.