PDA

View Full Version : Wax on-wax off

dpolen
03-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Guys, I got confirmation on my boat slip for the summer, so my MC will be sitting in the water. I've seen lots of posts lately regarding the blistering...not going to go down that route today. I'm going to wax the heck out of the bottom of the hull before it hits the lake on May 15. What kind of wax would work well to protect the hull as good as possible. As I write this, I think there will be some interesting answers/debates, but I know jack-squat about wax other than you can go buy car wax at Target.

Doug

Ryan27r
03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
I prefer a teflon wax as out boat sits in the water the whole season too. Never have had a problem with blistering but crleaning regularily is a must. Find a shallow spot and bring a brush and start knocking off the algae.

What lake are you going to be on?

dpolen
03-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey Ryan,
I'm going to be on Minnetonka. Slip will be in Spring Park right next to the water patrol headquarters. Really looking forward to not having to trailer every time I want to take the boat out.
Doug

Jerseydave
03-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Isn't that the lake Prince made that girl jump into in "Purple Rain"?

dpolen
03-28-2007, 08:47 PM
I know that prince used to have place on the lake...don't think he's around any more.

86mcskier
03-28-2007, 10:34 PM
I like Nautical Ease wax ~ $ 16 a bottle