PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Splitting ?

jdaubrey
03-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey guys,

I am a noobie to the site and I don't know how I have missed this site. Anyways, we own a 2003 Mastercraft X30 and the boat has been nothing but perfect except the vinyl. we take meticulous care of our boat and the boat is kept in storage and never exposed to any harsh conditions. But the vinyl started to split gradually along the seems and appears to be spreading. Mostly over the engine compartment but it is also starting in other areas of the boat.

I was wondering what our options are? After owning several other lines and never having this issue, I wanted to know if this is common and if there is any warranty to cover this? I would really appreciate all of your input and suggestions. Thanks in advance. -Jared

shepherd
03-28-2007, 01:37 PM
I have no personal experience, but this seems to be a common(?) problem with the late model MC's. See the following threads:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=3054&highlight=vinyl+seams

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=10936&highlight=vinyl+seams

And welcome to the site!

wgwollet
03-28-2007, 03:26 PM
What was the outcome on these seats?

east tx skier
03-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Welcome. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the vinyl. What have you been using to clean it?

mossy44
03-28-2007, 04:02 PM
I read through these past posts. I am hoping to get up to my boat soon so that I can take pictures and take them to my dealer. I have an '02 xstar. Do any of you know how much it costs to have these new skins put on? IF, and thats a big IF, I can get the free skins from mastercraft, it seems like from what I have read, that I will have to pay for the labor.

east tx skier
03-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Professional installation isn't cheap (for small pieces, I've been quoted $25 per cushion; the more complex pieces were more). You might consider doing some of the pieces yourself. Some are easier than others, but with a staple gun, some stainless steel staples, and some free time, you will be happy with the reults.