PDA

View Full Version : We visited MC Mecca yesterday (aka The Plant)..

jkski
03-28-2007, 07:31 AM
My wife and I visited MC Mecca (the plant) yesterday for the second time, however this time we also made a stop at the Malibu plant prior to hitting MC. All I can say, is that if you have never had the opportunity to take these tours, it is well worth your time, and you will come out with a true appreciation for the craftsmanship of the boat we all know and love. I could go into the vast differences between the two factories, however, there is not enough space on this board.

Just wanted to also give a big thanks out to Chris Wingo for having hosted our tour and providing knowledge, along with all of the great MC factory employee's for allowing us to look around and for being so friendly. They are truly a great group of people.

JohnE
03-28-2007, 07:49 AM
That is something I would love to do. It won't happen this year, but possibly next year.

Sodar
03-28-2007, 08:29 AM
My wife and I visited MC Mecca (the plant) yesterday for the second time, however this time we also made a stop at the Malibu plant prior to hitting MC. All I can say, is that if you have never had the opportunity to take these tours, it is well worth your time, and you will come out with a true appreciation for the craftsmanship of the boat we all know and love. I could go into the vast differences between the two factories, however, there is not enough space on this board.

Just wanted to also give a big thanks out to Chris Wingo for having hosted our tour and providing knowledge, along with all of the great MC factory employee's for allowing us to look around and for being so friendly. They are truly a great group of people.

You did not happen to see a new 197 getting laid up did ya?!?!?! My boat started production on Monday... Did ya see it, didi ya!?!?? ;) 8p ;)

jkski
03-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Actually, I may have, as there were several in production. What was the color scheme on yours?

As many others have stated on here before, going through the factory gives you a true appreciation for the product and helps you to understand why you pay the price you pay...QUALITY THROUGH AND THROUGH. I highly advise taking the Malibu tour first and then hitting MC, as you will see the difference.

Sodar
03-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Actually, I may have, as there were several in production. What was the color scheme on yours?

As many others have stated on here before, going through the factory gives you a true appreciation for the product and helps you to understand why you pay the price you pay...QUALITY THROUGH AND THROUGH. I highly advise taking the Malibu tour first and then hitting MC, as you will see the difference.

It is all white with a black and grey accent... please tell me that if you saw it, you took pictures!!! :D

It is the boat in Erk's Avatar... http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/image.php?u=314&dateline=1173209281

#47of100TeamMC
03-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Do you need to pre-schedule for the tours? or can you just show up and say "I wanna tour!" ?

jkski
03-28-2007, 09:10 AM
I would suggest that you pre-schedule your tour in order to assure that it will happen. Also, I think they only offer tours Monday-Thursday.

erkoehler
03-28-2007, 10:13 AM
^^^^ Cameron's boat looks alittle something like this

trickskier
03-28-2007, 10:37 AM
You did not happen to see a new 197 getting laid up did ya?!?!?! My boat started production on Monday... Did ya see it, didi ya!?!?? ;) 8p ;)
Not JONESN' are you Cameron???

Sodar
03-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Not JONESN' are you Cameron???

I am not jonesn' I am BEGGING!!! :worthy: :worthy:

TMCNo1
03-28-2007, 11:59 AM
I would suggest that you pre-schedule your tour in order to assure that it will happen. Also, I think they only offer tours Monday-Thursday.

Tours are usually scheduled around 2:00 pm, IIRC.