PDA

View Full Version : Good Music??

Slinkyredfoot
03-27-2007, 11:12 PM
I got a CD for my Bday... Van Morrison 'Down the Road", it is absolutely wonderful, Can any of you music people relate???? ....About this time of year I get an inkling for new good music, Any diamonds in the rough out here I need to knowarrrrrahbout? :guitar:

JKTX21
03-27-2007, 11:14 PM
What kind of music do you like?

dapicatti
03-28-2007, 02:32 AM
If you like Van Morrison, who is great by the way, your taste is a little different than mine.

Mag_Red
03-28-2007, 07:25 AM
If you like Van Morrison, who is great by the way, your taste is a little different than mine.Come on Slinky, He's sooooooooooooo 70's! Get with it man! Try some Salvia or Fall Out Boy:headbang: :D

ggroller
03-28-2007, 07:55 AM
Clutch is one of my all time favorites.

Leroy
03-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Talib Kweli, tribe called quest, snoop doggy, 36 Mafia, lil Jon, you have to check out some of the new stuff Slinky!

chudson
03-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Slinky my daughter sent me this web site, you type in the artist and it will bring up similar artist and music. Doesn't work too bad!!! And sorry I missed your Birthday thread so hope you had a great "Birthday"

http://pandora.com/

Monte
03-28-2007, 09:50 AM
I got a CD for my Bday... Van Morrison 'Down the Road", it is absolutely wonderful, Can any of you music people relate???? ....About this time of year I get an inkling for new good music, Any diamonds in the rough out here I need to knowarrrrrahbout? :guitar:

I'm with you.. The Allman Brothers Band is my all time favorite,
Then let me see,

Jimi, Led Zepplin, Stevie Ray, BB, Van Morrison, AC/DC...

As for new stuff..... John Mayer gets my vote..

What ever happened to Kenny Wayne Sheperd and Johnny Lang?

Slinkyredfoot
03-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Come on Slinky, He's sooooooooooooo 70's! Get with it man! Try some Salvia or Fall Out Boy:headbang: :D

Good point, that is why I have a 79MC, and by the way my daughter tell me I am "with it"...:D

hacker
03-28-2007, 11:45 AM

Good question... I was just wondering about KWS the other day. Kind of forgot about Johnny Lang. Both those kids are incredible.

M-Funf
03-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Come on Slinky, He's sooooooooooooo 70's! Get with it man! Try some Salvia or Fall Out Boy:headbang: :D

Salvia? Isn't that a hallucinogenic herb?

Maybe you meant Saliva??? I really like them...

Slinkyredfoot
03-28-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm with you.. The Allman Brothers Band is my all time favorite,
Then let me see,

Jimi, Led Zepplin, Stevie Ray, BB, Van Morrison, AC/DC...

As for new stuff..... John Mayer gets my vote..

How bout Fountains of Wayne, I also think Johnny Lnag has a fairly new CD out

mrcrowson
03-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Slinky,
Here is just a short list of just some of the songs you will hear By Peace Train.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/mrcrowson/songlist.jpg]

Jwhitsett1129
03-30-2007, 04:07 PM
If you like Van Morrison then some NWA or straight up Easy E should be right up your alley as well :cool:

RexDog1
05-10-2007, 10:45 PM
I just got the new Linkin Park CD………OMG it is so good!!!!!:D

different from the past but very good :woohoo:

Slinkyredfoot
05-10-2007, 10:57 PM
I just got the new Linkin Park CD………OMG it is so good!!!!!:D

different from the past but very good :woohoo:

I am sure we all have our own tastes in music. and I plan to pick up some of the previous mentioned CD's, thanks for the ideas...

I will say for anyone that loves good lyrics and smart music, Fountains of Wayne.."Traffic and Weather" buy it and thank me later :cool:

Bongo
05-10-2007, 11:04 PM

Last I heard, KWS found religion and cut back on his album releases & tour schedule.

Kid Johnny still playing. I'm sure he'll be on a summer tour soon with various blues festivals.

RexDog1
05-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I am sure we all have our own tastes in music. and I plan to pick up some of the previous mentioned CD's, thanks for the ideas...

I will say for anyone that loves good lyrics and smart music, Fountains of Wayne.."Traffic and Weather" buy it and thank me later :cool:

Wow sorry I said something :confused:

Slinkyredfoot
05-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Wow sorry I said something :confused:

I don't get what you are saying Rex, I was not being disrespectful to you...:confused:

LakePirate
05-10-2007, 11:14 PM
FREEBIRD !

bucky
05-11-2007, 12:28 AM
I really liked "Down the Road", and since you want way out in the ruff, try "Soul" from the Kentucky Headhunters, or how about "Theater of the Unheard" by Darrell Scott?