PDA

View Full Version : easiest video editing software

rodltg2
03-27-2007, 08:34 PM
which one is the simplest fastest and easiest one to learn. i just want to make one video to play in our showroom .

Farmer Ted
03-27-2007, 08:36 PM
which one is the simplest fastest and easiest one to learn. i just want to make one video to play in our showroom .

windows comes with moviemaker, it's pretty easy to use, especially if you're not looking to spend a ton of money on software....

east tx skier
03-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Pinnacle Studio is simple, too.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-27-2007, 11:17 PM
I've had Pinnacle but it had issues (or it could have been me I suppose:o ) so I went to Adobe Premier Elements. It's pretty complex. It's not too hard to use, but I'd suggest having a little practice editing previous. It would be hard to use for a first time I'd guess.
Otherwise there's Windows movie maker...

Leroy
03-27-2007, 11:47 PM
For one video I would hire a local video production company. Particularily if you are going to put it in your shop. THe pro's can make things look really nice.

east tx skier
03-28-2007, 10:04 AM
I've had Pinnacle but it had issues (or it could have been me I suppose:o ) so I went to Adobe Premier Elements. It's pretty complex. It's not too hard to use, but I'd suggest having a little practice editing previous. It would be hard to use for a first time I'd guess.
Otherwise there's Windows movie maker...

W4T, which version of Pinnacle did you use? Did you find that Adobe Elements had more features, or was it more stable, or both? I'm using a pretty old version (v. 8.x.x), and it has been buggy at times. Sometimes I think about exploring what else is out there, but this one has worked fairly well and is paid in full. Tell me about Adobe.

/I guess I should add that I use Nero for most of the burning side of things. I use Pinnacle for the capture, editing, and rendering to mpeg. After that, it's all Nero.

Sodar
03-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Easiest EVER is Apple's iMovie HD... I made two video's last year for my final projects and both came out EXCELLENT... if I do say so myself! Talking to some of my friends who used MovieMaker, it sounded much more difficult than iMovie. Afterall, video and graphic editing has ALWAYS been Apple's forte.... take it for a test drive... you will not be disappointed!!

bigmac
03-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Easiest EVER is Apple's iMovie HD... I made two video's last year for my final projects and both came out EXCELLENT... if I do say so myself! Talking to some of my friends who used MovieMaker, it sounded much more difficult than iMovie. Afterall, video and graphic editing has ALWAYS been Apple's forte.... take it for a test drive... you will not be disappointed!!
Agreed. I've been using a wide variety of video editing software for years, including the full version of Premiere (sucked big time), EditDV (good, but out of business), Final Cut Pro (wow! but expensive and certainly not simple). Currently I use Premiere Elements, which is excellent, but not necessarily simple for someone who doesn't work with non-linear video editing much. iMovie, however is really an excellent balance of power and simplicity. Really excellent software.

east tx skier
03-28-2007, 10:17 AM

May be a dumb question, but is there a version for the PC?

/edit. Never mind. Doesn't appear so.

Sodar
03-28-2007, 10:24 AM
May be a dumb question, but is there a version for the PC?

/edit. Never mind. Doesn't appear so.

WELL................. the short answer is yes! If you buy a new apple, you can run windows and Mac OS X, hence it is available for the PC :D :cool: :D

east tx skier
03-28-2007, 10:28 AM
WELL................. the short answer is yes! If you buy a new apple, you can run windows and Mac OS X, hence it is available for the PC :D :cool: :D

I gotcha, but my question was really geared toward "is this an option without my having to buy a new computer." ;)

Sodar
03-28-2007, 10:29 AM
I gotcha, but my question was really geared toward "is this an option without my having to buy a new computer." ;)

I know, I know! I am just trying to get my Apple stock to grow a little!! I can not wait for the iPhone to be released!!

east tx skier
03-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Just be sure to stop by starbucks and get my stock off the flat. And buy GTA IV when it's released. ;)

Sodar
03-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Just be sure to stop by starbucks and get my stock off the flat. And buy GTA IV when it's released. ;)

I cannot help ya there! I hate coffee and hate video games even more! I guess you can call me, your atypical college-aged kid! Now, if you had stock in something boat or race related, I can help ya out there!! ;)

rodltg2
03-28-2007, 11:21 AM
i did look inot having it professionaly done but it was around 5K. a little too much money to spend on a video that will play in our showroom that may or may not get paid attention too. i rather save some money , make it myself and see the response first.

M-Funf
03-28-2007, 11:28 AM
windows comes with moviemaker, it's pretty easy to use, especially if you're not looking to spend a ton of money on software....

+1. If you've got Windows, MovieMaker is a simple little program to use. You can add effects, titles, credits, do transitions, etc. I use it pretty regularly for simple video editing on the PC.

On the mac, I don't know since I haven't owned a mac since my Macintosh 512ke in '85...:o

milkmania
07-22-2007, 08:14 PM
+1. If you've got Windows, MovieMaker is a simple little program to use. You can add effects, titles, credits, do transitions, etc. I use it pretty regularly for simple video editing on the PC.

daughter just composed a video with WMM...

saved it as a DV-AVI to send to DVD....

upon preview, the audio is glitchy!

any ideas for a fix?

ChrisConn Inc.
07-22-2007, 08:37 PM

I'll have to agree, imovie is very easy to use and the Apple computer is an amazing machine.

ChrisConn

ProTour X9
07-22-2007, 08:54 PM

Sorry, half threadjack, say I want to take movies of my digital camera, the don't load onto the movie maker:confused:

JohnnyB
07-22-2007, 08:59 PM
IIRC, some digital cameras come set with a 25fps (Frame per second) frame rate which is a european standard. US standard is 30fps. Some cameras are selectable between the two rates and some are not.