PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery design ideas

lash
03-27-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm "remodeling" a 1989 Tristar 220. I have the seats out and new wood cut for them. I want the seats to be grey with a black stripe in it somehow but I don't know how I want the accent stripe to be. I'm changing the color of the blue stripe on the outside to black and I have a custom tower (I designed and built it myself) that I'm having powder coated black also. I am digging for some ideas of how to design the skins. I want to keep it somewhat simple. I was wondering if some of you could post a picture or two of your interior. Here's some of my boat. The interior looks worse now than it did in these pics. The carpet is still good. I haven't took any pictures yet of it in 100 pieces. I need to do that soon.

Monte
03-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Does anybody have some pictures of their skins for lash?
I'll post mine later on, but I think you've seen them.. I would think it really doesnt matter what year/ model the pics are of as long as they help the ideas to start rolling...

lash
03-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks monte72. That's exactly right. I just need a few ideas. I don't want any surprises when I go pick my seats up from the upholstery shop so I'd like a pic or two to take with me. Not to copy anybodys seats but just something to start with...you get the idea.

Ryan
03-27-2007, 06:07 PM
I like the look of the 2000+ engine covers. It may contrast well to add some curved lines like this to you straighter lines of your 220. What do I know, it may clash. I'm no interior decorator. But, if I were to re-do my interior I'd go for a more modern look. I'd skip the pinstriping though it will just add to your cost, and add to vulnerability of the stitching in the future. See if your shop uses a UV resistant thread. I doubt want to have to do it all again in three years.

Ryan
03-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Here's an 01 19 Skier with a more simple, clean design. And it's got black accents to match your new striping.

Ryan
03-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Anyone remember the General Lee from '05?

lash
03-27-2007, 06:20 PM
I think I like the more simple, clean design like the second pic you sent, Ryan. I like that grey and black together.

lash
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
The General Lee is a little extreme for me. It looks sharp though...nice paint job. Being from Alabama, I'd sure enough be labeled "redneck" not that there's anything wrong with that...I guess I am anyway.

Ryan
03-27-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm thinking the guy had the Dixie horn and all.

You could go a little closer to the vintage, but a nice update, swap the teal of course.

Ryan
03-27-2007, 06:43 PM
One more. I know ...not the same brand but a nice comparison of some ideas. That's all I've got on my hard drive that I think applies.