PDA

View Full Version : Random Drug Testing

River Rat
03-27-2007, 03:34 PM
I just went for random drug testing and was just wondering how many of you have to do the same?

dmayer84
03-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Havent had the random, only inital tests before hiring.

cst573
03-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Never had to where I work. Only time we see testing is for new hires or if a company vehicle gets wrecked, regardless of whose fault it is.

whitedog
03-27-2007, 03:45 PM
We have enough trucks and CDL drivers WI DOT requires monthly random testing of our driver pool. Haven't been called up recently but some years it can be a couple of times a year.

Cary K.
03-27-2007, 03:51 PM
We say we have random testing, but it has never been done. More of a scare tactic than anything. We do pre-employment and Workers Comp testing though.

River Rat
03-27-2007, 03:51 PM
In my occupation I think it’s a good idea, when we make mistakes it usually affects a lot of people, and could possibly get someone hurt.

Jesus_Freak
03-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Every one of our approximately 13,000 employees goes through this every couple of years or so. We just get a phone call that lets us know to go to the medical department immediately.

JKTX21
03-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Nope, not us. The company can if they want, but never heard of it happening. I guess they might if they thought it was a problem. I'd be all for it if my life and limb were in danger at work though.

Gixxer
03-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Here at good ole DuPont you are subject to anytime. You get a call and have to be at medical within 30 min. Been twice in 2 years.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-27-2007, 04:44 PM
I have never heard of a drug called "Random" before. :confused:

These kids and these new flanged designer drugs:rolleyes:

Leroy
03-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Not for me, but I'm guessing in my employment contract they have the right to.

I didn't even have any drug testing when I took my new job last summer.

betsy&david Harrison
03-27-2007, 05:08 PM
I'd probably miss the cup!

Sodar
03-27-2007, 05:17 PM
The company I work for now, does not have it. But, in college, when I was operating ferries between Catalina Island and Southern California, I would get the call about every 2 or 3 months. They were crazy too, you had to be in the doctor's office within 4 hours or have proof that you were out of town, sick, etc.

Kyle's_prostar205
03-27-2007, 05:35 PM
As a fire fighter we are subject to testing at any time. Like other people have said in this post we get a call first thing in the morning and we have to be at city hall with in 30 minutes and take the test. Funny thing is that the "random" tests usually occur on Mondays and the day after a holiday. I am glad the we as emergency service personell have to take them becuase my life is riding on the other guys that I am working with.

MMCCAR12
03-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Just failed mine. "Again" darn.

Just Kidding

trickskier
03-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Our office personnel are not subject to random drug screens. However, all of our drivers are subject at anytime.

André
03-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Why "random"?
I check every grams of it myself!:D

Toober Tom
03-27-2007, 08:07 PM
When I was younger, I tested drugs randomly a few times.

Toober Tom
03-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Dosn't "No, But I think they should " and the "UMP option" say the same thing?

JKTX21
03-27-2007, 08:57 PM
I can't read your avatar EH-HMMM... Hrld, I mean Toober Tom...

tones03
03-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Only initial for me, but I have heard that they give random.

Farmer Ted
03-27-2007, 09:47 PM
my "company" has an extensive drug reduction policy, we can be called up to offer a sample at anytime most of the time it's random, somtimes it's directed.

I've been with the "company" for over 20 and since I started it's been a zero tolerance policy, yet we still get the dip$hit who thinks they can get away with it or that the rules don't apply to them.

The "company" has even started a new policy to catch those crafty devils who like to drop E, they wait at the gate at 2 am on a Sat morning for people to provide samples.

I'm sure BriEOD has some interesting stories.....

TMCNo1
03-27-2007, 10:01 PM
I think we need some random drug testing here on TT!

Monte
03-27-2007, 10:07 PM

Shhhh #1 there's a peacock hangin around that likes to stare at himself in the bumpers of cars:noface: CSM............. Busted...........:cool: ;) :D

Pretty much self employed so............. no........

BriEOD
03-27-2007, 10:13 PM
my "company" has an extensive drug reduction policy, we can be called up to offer a sample at anytime most of the time it's random, somtimes it's directed.

I've been with the "company" for over 20 and since I started it's been a zero tolerance policy, yet we still get the dip$hit who thinks they can get away with it or that the rules don't apply to them.

The "company" has even started a new policy to catch those crafty devils who like to drop E, they wait at the gate at 2 am on a Sat morning for people to provide samples.

I'm sure BriEOD has some interesting stories.....
Yes, yes he does. These dipsticks frequently show up in my office for a "consult." Just a tip...always, always ask for a lawyer.

betsy&david Harrison
03-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I test a drug before I go toobing but never before skiing:rolleyes:

BriEOD
03-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Knock yourself out.:rolleyes:

03-27-2007, 10:37 PM
I still have never heard of a drug called "Random".

bcampbe7
03-27-2007, 11:15 PM
My company also does random drug testing with zero tolerance. Fine by me!

03-27-2007, 11:17 PM
My company also does random drug testing with zero tolerance. they Fined me!
How much did they fine you?? I didnt know they could do that!:confused:

LakePirate
03-27-2007, 11:18 PM
I showed up for work the first day at my new job with a kickin hangover. Been playing Family Feud at the bar the night before and we managed to start playing drinking games after that....anyway I hadn't taken my drug test yet so they said come in and they gave me the forms. Not really being an expert in the drug testing arena, I was hoping they weren't checking for booze....guess not cause I still have a job.

bcampbe7
03-27-2007, 11:18 PM

See UMP, you almost had me... You could have at least used your moderator powers to change my post to make it look more realistic.

03-27-2007, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=LakePirate] Been playing Family Feud at the bar the night before and we managed to start playing drinking games after that....QUOTE]
I usually play Family Fued at the bar too, but its not a game.

ski_king
03-27-2007, 11:23 PM
They don't do it where I work, but they should!

There are a few workers that need to get away from that stuff before it is too late.

03-27-2007, 11:28 PM
See UMP, you almost had me... You could have at least used your moderator powers to change my post to make it look more realistic.
Oh dont get all psychological with me Beau! Two can play at that game! If we have enough cards that is.

Jesus_Freak
03-28-2007, 09:57 AM

Dude, is doctoring quotes on TT legal? 8p

trickskier
03-28-2007, 10:40 AM
I showed up for work the first day at my new job with a kickin hangover. Been playing Family Feud at the bar the night before and we managed to start playing drinking games after that....anyway I hadn't taken my drug test yet so they said come in and they gave me the forms. Not really being an expert in the drug testing arena, I was hoping they weren't checking for booze....guess not cause I still have a job.
Hey LP,
Alcohol levels are tested through blood and breath, NOT through urine samples. You have nothing to worry about as far as alcohol testing......Drugs are a different issue though............:rolleyes: :uglyhamme

River Rat
03-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Hey LP,
Alcohol levels are tested through blood and breath, NOT through urine samples. You have nothing to worry about as far as alcohol testing......Drugs are a different issue though............:rolleyes: :uglyhamme

They just started alcohol testing on us. When you go to pee in the bottle they also give you this little strip of paper to put in your mouth, If it turns a different color your busted......

trickskier
03-28-2007, 11:20 AM
They just started alcohol testing on us. When you go to pee in the bottle they also give you this little strip of paper to put in your mouth, If it turns a different color your busted......
Ah Yes, I forgot about the saliva strips.........:rolleyes:

bigmac
03-28-2007, 11:31 AM
They just started alcohol testing on us. When you go to pee in the bottle they also give you this little strip of paper to put in your mouth, If it turns a different color your busted......They often do that because alcohol metabolism occurs in phases. While you're drinking, the blood alcohol level rises as it's being absorbed from your stomach and proximal intestine. The blood alcohol level will then level off and stay high for a variable amount of time as it equalizes throughout the body tissues - the amount of time it does that is variable depending on body size, fat content etc. The alcohol is cleared from the blood in the kidneys, and it can be detected or measured in the urine. It's theoretically possible that someone could be acutely intoxicated and have little alcohol in the urine. Conversely, someone could theoretically have high levels of alcohol in the urine but a blood or breath alcohol that's below the limit. Additionally, urine alcohol testing COULD test artificially high in some cases - a urine specimen that sits for awhile could actually ferment and create a high urine alcohol reading in a person that hadn't had a drink in months.

Ric
03-28-2007, 12:20 PM

I'm sure BriEOD has some interesting stories..... God I am getting old! what is "drop E" ?

M-Funf
03-28-2007, 12:25 PM
God I am getting old! what is "drop E" ?

Extacy?..............

03-28-2007, 12:26 PM
God I am getting old! what is "drop E" ?
I think its an alternate tuning used on guitars for that "Nu-metal".....OH wait, thats "drop D":rolleyes:

M-Funf
03-28-2007, 12:30 PM
I've never worked for a company that did any drug testing. Of course, I've only worked for small start-up or early stage companies, so it wasn't really considered.

I can say that if they had initiated drug testing at two of the companies I worked for in the past...most of the Executive Staff would have been fired :eek:

Ric
03-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Extacy?.............. hell I glanced at this response earlier and thought you said "Exactly" ahhahhahah maybe I need some of that good stuff

Ric
03-28-2007, 01:07 PM
funny story, we constantly have bozos walking in the office saying they are here for the drug screening...
The ladies in the office hate it but I wont let them post a sign stating that this is NOT that place... don't worry, they don't get me either.

so I told them if they were smart they'd print up a fake form and hand it to each nitwit that cannot read to know he's in the wrong place and take $20 cash from him and hand him a cup

later when he calls, you say he failed and needs to return in 30days when he get's clean and we will re-do the screen for another 20....... why am I the only thinker in the room?

sanjuan23
03-28-2007, 01:26 PM

Rapunzl
03-29-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm a nurse and I know that in the healthcare field, there are those workers who have serious problems with substance abuse. I also know that as a patient, I don't want a nurse standing over me who has just self-injected my pain medication and is administering me normal saline instead. You need a clear mind in order to think and act quickly and critical thinking isn't the best when you have been nipping at the bottle in between patients! I am all for random drug-testing, particularly in certain work environments where judgement and thinking are a critical part of the job.

bigmac
03-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Most hospitals have drug-testing policies for doctors on their staff, but it's pretty rare that it's done randomly without cause. Most places, there would have to be a specific reason that they would go to a doctor and ask him/her to pee in a cup.

Nurses hired in many hospitals may have an initial drug screen at hiring and are subject to testing for cause, but, around here at least, random drug testing isn't done.

Ric
03-29-2007, 06:09 PM
"Why am I the only thinker in the room?"

Less than obvious....

>>>Currently running for cover from the oncoming assult:D woah, rexdog got in a real fix over comments like that;)

BriEOD
03-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Most hospitals have drug-testing policies for doctors on their staff, but it's pretty rare that it's done randomly without cause. Most places, there would have to be a specific reason that they would go to a doctor and ask him/her to pee in a cup.

Nurses hired in many hospitals may have an initial drug screen at hiring and are subject to testing for cause, but, around here at least, random drug testing isn't done.
The Narc guys at my unit interviewed a Dr. that popped positive for cocaine recently.

Hoosier Bob
03-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Never failed a drug test! I have always had exactly what they were testing for!:D

03-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Never failed a drug test! I have always had exactly what they were testing for!:D
Thats because you study for the tests hoosier....:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
03-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Thats because you study for the tests hoosier....:rolleyes:

It's the pop quizs that get HB!:rolleyes: