PDA

View Full Version : Hub Size

87MCProstar
03-27-2007, 12:41 PM
I need to get new hubs for my trailer, when I took one of the wheels off to put new tires on one of the lug bolts broke. The trailer is a 90 and I was thinking about replacing them both to improve rolling resistance. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Tim

TMCNo1
03-27-2007, 01:03 PM
I need to get new hubs for my trailer, when I took one of the wheels off to put new tires on one of the lug bolts broke. The trailer is a 90 and I was thinking about replacing them both to improve rolling resistance. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Tim

Changing bearings, races, seals, replacing the lugnut stud and repacking the bearings and hubs with new grease will accomplish the same thing, unless you just have some spare change to blow.
Put a old lug not on a stud, to protect the threads, knock it out the backside and take it to a auto parts store and they can then sell you a exact replacement stud along with some spares, just in case.

87MCProstar
03-27-2007, 01:16 PM
TMCNo1, thanks for that advise will do. This is the reason why I love message boards like this, being able to pick others (more experienced) brains.