PDA

View Full Version : Enzo Ferarri.... OOPS!!!

Sodar
03-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Looks like they will be shipping this one back to Italia for a little TLC!!

http://cbs2.com/video/?id=36333@kcbs.dayport.com

RexDog1
03-27-2007, 09:58 AM
I am not a big Ferarri fan,

but IMO that is no way to treat a car:eek3: ...lol

Sodar
03-27-2007, 10:03 AM
I am not a big Ferarri fan,

but IMO that is no way to treat a car:eek3: ...lol

Only in Hollywood!!! LOL

How would you feel to be a celebrity at a charity event and crash a car worth a lot of $$$$$$.... I bet that this charity event went "belly-up"!!!

Monte
03-27-2007, 10:06 AM
What a shame... This site will make you rather sick as well....
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/

Jkelly
03-27-2007, 10:06 AM
I would just be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

betsy&david Harrison
03-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Looks like they will be shipping this one back to Italia for a little TLC!!

Maybe I'll see it when I visit the factory a week from Friday
:D

east tx skier
03-27-2007, 10:24 AM
The owners's probably on the Ferrari forum right now telling people that they're meant to be driven and all they do is rub theirs with cloth diapers, but that he really enjoys his despite its having a scratch here and there. ;)

chudson
03-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Wasn't there just 400 made, 399 to go!!!!

BrianM
03-27-2007, 10:37 AM
It belonged to the director of the movie. According to the CNN article he was not real happy.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/27/people.eddiegriffin.ap/index.html

Mag_Red
03-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Only in Hollywood!!! LOL

How would you feel to be a celebrity at a charity event and crash a car worth a lot of $$$$$$.... I bet that this charity event went "belly-up"!!!Seeing who drove it......I doubt he's feeling that much remorse.:rolleyes: How could anyone let an inexperienced driver in the seat of that car. The director was an idiot! By the way.....it's reported to be a total lose.

Sodar
03-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Here is a better video!!

milkmania
03-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Sadek said. "I went to my trailer for about 15 minutes and I thought, there's people dying every day. A lot of worse things are happening in the world."

best quote ever!

Archimedes
03-27-2007, 11:57 AM
While it's easy to say 'that rider's an idiot' the fact of the matter is that the concrete barrier was way too close to the track and the fault lies entirely with the idiot who set up the track for that session. The driver wasn't going that fast and overruning a turn like that happens on the track. That's why tracks are designed to have runoff areas before you hit a solid object.

The only way the driver could be at fault is if during the prep session they told everyone "hey we're a bunch of retards who don't know what we're doing and we're going to put a solid concrete barrier twenty feet past the entrance to a hard right turn. Be sure to check your speed coming into that turn."

chudson
03-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Seeing who drove it......I doubt he's feeling that much remorse.:rolleyes: How could anyone let an inexperienced driver in the seat of that car. The director was an idiot! By the way.....it's reported to be a total lose.

And with concrete baricades to drive around no less and I heard it's totaled too!!!

Maristar210
03-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Ferris my Dad's gonna kill me

TX.X-30 fan
03-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Did you see the guy right behind the barrier, how big did his eyes get when he hit. :eek: :eek3:

M-Funf
03-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Ferris my Dad's gonna kill me

It is his fault he left the garage unlocked :rolleyes:

I've seen my share of $$$ cars get smacked. This picture is from the wrecked exotics site. We were driving on a road in the Sacramento foothills. It was a straight road with lots of "whoops" on it. This guy was new to the car. I was behind him. I saw the car in front of him get air off the same bump (maybe a foot). This guy went in really hot and had about 4 feet of air :eek: I saw the rear wheels stop just after they were off the ground, transferring the weight to the front (yeah, just like with a motorcycle). The car nosed over, and when he caught a front on the ground, the car made a sharp right into the field. It was a total loss. Although I felt bad for the guy, I do think he mis-judged the speed and his abilities.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/m5/m5_20040411_001.jpg

shepherd
03-27-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't care what y'all say. Undercover Brother is kool in my book...

MYMC
03-27-2007, 02:33 PM
I can tell you from being around racing for the better part of my life and owning my own team...if you are afraid of losing the car then don't put it on the track! One day it will get wrecked...not if...when. I have had cars wrecked at "autocrosses" and that is what this track looks like it was.

Run-off areas are nice but few places have them...dedicated road courses yes (some areas) but if fans are going to have seats then you have barriers to deal with.

From my perspective the fault lies with the driver, he over cooked the turn and due to his lack of experience got on the brakes WAY too late. The fact I see no corner workers again makes me assume this is an "autocross" course. Not too many years ago I watched a brand new Corvette get totaled during an autocross...it almost killed three people standing nearby...the throttle stuck under the floor mat (should have never been in the car) and the lack of experience cost him.

RexDog1
03-27-2007, 03:01 PM
When are we going to stop thinking the “STARS” can do anything?
“Dancing with the stars” “Celebrity Amazing Race” and so on……..
When are we going to see????Hummmm…

”Celebrity Diving with the Sharks”

Or
“Stars Dancing With Silverback Gorillas”

Or just
“Celebrities Just Shut Up”

I am better now……..:rolleyes:

BrianM
03-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Or just
“Celebrities Just Shut Up”

That would be my personal favorite.

shepherd
03-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Don't blame the celebrities, blame the people who watch them.

Archimedes
03-27-2007, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=MYMC]I can tell you from being around racing for the better part of my life and owning my own team...if you are afraid of losing the car then don't put it on the track! One day it will get wrecked...not if...when. I have had cars wrecked at "autocrosses" and that is what this track looks like it was.

Run-off areas are nice but few places have them...dedicated road courses yes (some areas) but if fans are going to have seats then you have barriers to deal with.
[QUOTE]

I agree, but then my question would be, *** were they doing running cars like this on an autocross set up? I've been doing track days on my motorcycles for years and never faced a barrier that close to the track at the entrance to a corner.

Granted, unless that was his first lap, he probably should have noticed the wall, but whoever set up the course should have thought to themselves..."hmmm, high horsepower million dollar cars driven by amateurs, solid concrete 25 feet past their turn-in point...seems like a good idea to me!"

If you were autocrossing that day, wouldn't you have gone to the organizers and said, "gee that solid concrete wall over there right at the end of that straightaway entering turn X seems a bit dodgy to me; ya think ya could move that back so nobody leaves here in a halo brace"?

Seems like there's enough contributory negligence in this wreck to go around.

RexDog1
03-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Don't blame the celebrities, blame the people who watch them.

but can i say??????

“Celebrities Just Shut Up” :D

Sean Penn
Martin Sheen
Michael Moore
Tim Robbins
Susan Sarandon
Helen Hunt
Danny Glover
Ethan Hawk
George Clooney
Janeane Garofalo
Samuel L. Jackson
Liv Tyler
Alec Baldwin

I name a few

dapicatti
03-27-2007, 04:31 PM
but can i say??????

Sean Penn
Martin Sheen
Michael Moore
Tim Robbins
Susan Sarandon
Helen Hunt
Danny Glover
Ethan Hawk
George Clooney
Janeane Garofalo
Samuel L. Jackson
Liv Tyler
Alec Baldwin

I name a few

I agree!!!!!!!!

Ryan27r
03-27-2007, 04:56 PM
No tears shed if it was an MC that could be a different strory...

shepherd
03-27-2007, 10:45 PM
but can i say??????

Sean Penn
Martin Sheen
Michael Moore
Tim Robbins
Susan Sarandon
Helen Hunt
Danny Glover
Ethan Hawk
George Clooney
Janeane Garofalo
Samuel L. Jackson
Liv Tyler
Alec Baldwin

I name a few

Absolutely! And for everyone on that list, I can probably name a non-celebrity I'd like to say the same thing to;)

shepherd
03-27-2007, 10:52 PM
And who says Undercover Brother can't drive? He can recover from a spin in his ragtop caddie without spilling a drop of his Big Gulp.

RexDog1
03-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Absolutely! And for everyone on that list, I can probably name a non-celebrity I'd like to say the same thing to;)

Ok point taken

I will Just Shut Up………..

#47of100TeamMC
03-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Anyone see the news last night? they are Saying it might have been a publicity stunt!

RexDog1
03-28-2007, 09:54 AM
I just heard on the news this is the same car ?????

Now the car has been crashed two times??????
Can you say publicity stunt

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ferrari28feb28,0,3986184.story?coll=la-home-headlines (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ferrari28feb28,0,3986184.story?coll=la-home-headlines)

Sodar
03-28-2007, 10:05 AM
You are hurting my head Rex!! So, am I correct in thinking that the car that Eddie Griffin crashed this week is the same car that crashed in Malibu a year ago??? :confused: :confused:

RexDog1
03-28-2007, 10:11 AM
That is what they said on the news today!!!!
They have wrong before, but that is what they said????????:rolleyes:

Sodar
03-28-2007, 10:27 AM
That is what they said on the news today!!!!
They have wrong before, but that is what they said????????:rolleyes:

Jeez............

shepherd
03-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Ok point taken

I will Just Shut Up………..

Whoa Rex, don't get the wrong idea. My comment wasn't directed at you. Sorry if it was interpreted that way. :o I had other people unrelated to this forum in mind.

RexDog1
03-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Something is fishy????????????:confused:
http://ww.tmz.com/2007/03/27/was-this-crash-a-hoax/ (http://ww.tmz.com/2007/03/27/was-this-crash-a-hoax/)

RexDog1
03-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Whoa Rex, don't get the wrong idea. My comment wasn't directed at you. Sorry if it was interpreted that way. :o I had other people unrelated to this forum in mind.

Thank You…:)

But you would not be the first person to say it to me on TT :(

Have a good one:D

trickskier
03-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Did you see the guy right behind the barrier, how big did his eyes get when he hit. :eek: :eek3:
Yes, but did you notice he never flinched? I would have been running if I were him.........He must have nerves of steel.............

WakeSeeky
03-28-2007, 11:47 AM

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ferrari28feb28,0,3986184.story?coll=la-home-headlines (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ferrari28feb28,0,3986184.story?coll=la-home-headlines)

Might still be a stunt, but they did a heck of a job putting the car back together if it's the same Enzo. Check out these pictures of the PCH Enzo crash (http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/more-on-the-enzo-incident-on-pch-with-photos-156121.php). :eek:

trickskier
03-28-2007, 11:52 AM
but can i say??????

Sean Penn
Martin Sheen
Michael Moore
Tim Robbins
Susan Sarandon
Helen Hunt
Danny Glover
Ethan Hawk
George Clooney
Janeane Garofalo
Samuel L. Jackson
Liv Tyler
Alec Baldwin

I name a few

I agree with you Rex..........Personally, I wish they would drop Entertainment Tonight, People Magazine, etc.................... And my wife wonders why I would rather post on TT at night rather than watch TV with her..............I'm tired of hearing about Anna Nicole, Britney Spears, Jennifer Aniston, etc................

Sodar
03-28-2007, 12:01 PM
I agree with you Rex..........Personally, I wish they would drop Entertainment Tonight, People Magazine, etc.................... And my wife wonders why I would rather post on TT at night rather than watch TV with her..............I'm tired of hearing about Anna Nicole, Britney Spears, Jennifer Aniston, etc................

AMEN!!!!! I can not believe how into this crap girls are either... they just feed off the bullsh!t!!!

Maristar210
03-28-2007, 12:01 PM

WOW Trick you and I must be married to the same women.

Another ET exclusive:

Yup Anna's still dead and I still don't care

boatless
03-28-2007, 12:44 PM
What the ? The brother can't drive ? Hell, the brother can't even act !!! :D

trickskier
03-28-2007, 01:30 PM
AMEN!!!!! I can not believe how into this crap girls are either... they just feed off the bullsh!t!!!

It's just getting OLD!!! Same stories repeated everyday, and everything is an exclusive story........8p I get tired of hearing about HOLLYWOOD LOSERS!!! Phil Collins was right when he wrote the song "Dirty Laundry"................:mad:

At least here I can have an intelligent conversation with people who have a lot of simular interests (toober tom excluded).........:rolleyes:

Yup Anna's still dead and I still don't care

And she wasn't buried in Jerusalem, so I don't think there is any chance of resurrection.........

Toober Tom
03-28-2007, 01:34 PM
.......At least here I can have an intelligent conversation with people who have a lot of simular interests (toober tom excluded).........:rolleyes:
Hey, we are more alike than what you may think!

trickskier
03-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Hey, we are more alike than what you may think!
Well bring you tube to CSM and drink a beer with me............... :friday: :toast: :uglyhamme

Workin' 4 Toys
03-28-2007, 04:47 PM

I volunteer to do it next time around....;)