PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Laptop Computers

BriEOD
03-26-2007, 09:50 PM
In the market for a new machine. I've recently had a few Dells. Any thoughts?

dmayer84
03-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Id stick with the dells, they have great customer servce. They have recently purchased http://www.alienware.com (http://www.alienware.com/) as well and they are higher end laptops.

Acer also makes a great laptop.

erkoehler
03-26-2007, 09:59 PM
I have an HP Pavilion zd8000, good performance so far, but I won't buy another one.

Few things I've learned with my first laptop purchase:

-Don't go for the huge screen, keep it compact for easy transport. I currently have a 17" LCD screen, and it is nice BUT the laptop is big!

-Keep an eye on the overall weight of the laptop. My HP is HEAVY. It doubles as a boat anchor.

-Battery life, I won't buy anything that isn't 2 hours or more. Current laptop might last an hour on a good day.

-Get a spare battery, they are nice for lay overs in airports, etc.

-I will never buy a laptop without a reader for your digital media. Memory card reader is AWESOME!

Leroy
03-26-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm not much help. My new Dell D610 is pretty good. Dell went through a pretty bad phase in laptops couple of years ago.

Sodar
03-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Need I say more!?!?

http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~kazoo44/LOVELOG_IMG/Mac_Book_Pro.jpg

LakePirate
03-26-2007, 10:16 PM
If you decide to go with Dell, look into the Gold support package. Their call center is in Opelika, Al. The agent probably went to Auburn (not much help) but they do speaka tha english.

I would verify this, as I was on the phone with them one day and the agent I was speaking to mentioned something about them losing the contract at that center, but it could have very well been gossip.

I also agree with Erkle, check into the weight. My Latitude 810 weighs a ton.

east tx skier
03-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Good advice so far. As forDell, go for the "business" section of their website as I'm told they're made a bit better. Also, beware weakened hinges over time. New partnership with AMD is a plus.

My wife is on her second Dell laptop. I'm typing this on my first Dell (Axim X51). Good luck with it so far.

bcampbe7
03-26-2007, 10:18 PM
I had a Dell D800 and I didn't care for it. Too big and heavy.

I now have a new Dell D620 and it is awesome.

LakePirate
03-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Hey Boys - see eastie and beau...good to see you.

My work laptop is the 600 series latitude, it is way lighter than the 800 series.

east tx skier
03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey, Lakey!

I think mywife's is an Inspiron 6000. Other than the loose hinges, it's been a decent machine.

Hey Boys - see eastie and beau...good to see you.

My work laptop is the 600 series latitude, it is way lighter than the 800 series.

Farmer Ted
03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
In the market for a new machine. I've recently had a few Dells. Any thoughts?

I'm on my fourth year with an HP, next one is going to be a MacBook

don't forget AAFES webpage, Apple also has an EPP for gov employess and I believe Dell does too

bigmac
03-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Good advice so far. As forDell, go for the "business" section of their website as I'm told they're made a bit better. Also, beware weakened hinges over time. New partnership with AMD is a plus.

My wife is on her second Dell laptop. I'm typing this on my first Dell (Axim X51). Good luck with it so far.

The Latitude vs Inspiron debate has raged for years but is no more valid than the GMC vs Chevy debate. The only difference is that model and component changes are more stable on the Latitude side because Dell knows that IT managers hate it when machine models get updated every 3 months which makes it harder for them to provide consistent maintenance. OTOH, the gamer and whiz kid market really responds to new glitzy hardware so they buy Inspiron. The other thing that's different about buying through the small business section at Dell is that support is different. I know from experience that next day on-site repair means just that, even in the hinterlands of Minnesota, and support calls aren't outsourced overseas. Having said all that, I'm not a big Dell fan although I've owned several. My current laptop is an IBM (not Lenovo) X-40 and I hate it. My next laptop will be A Fujitsu convertible. We have several Fujitsu tablets at work that continually sit docked and are carried all over the hospital for patient records instead of the old paper chart method. Boy, those things get the crap kicked out of them all day but they just keep on ticking. Very impressive.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-26-2007, 10:44 PM
My current is a dell 600series...My next will be a Mac....

east tx skier
03-26-2007, 10:48 PM
By no means was I aware of nor did I want to contribute to an ongoing debate. Are the inspirons on the business-only side? The reasons you mentioned are the extended version of what I was told. I'm by no means too brand loyal when it comes to this stuff. I do like the Govt. discount Dell offers though.

We also try to go AMD when possibe as my wife's brother is an engineer for them. I bought a desktop with an AMD K-6 in 98 or so that's still going in a limited capacity.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-26-2007, 10:51 PM
What kind of government discount do they offer....:rolleyes: .... I might have to look into that..:cool:

bigmac
03-26-2007, 10:52 PM
By no means was I aware of nor did I want to contribute to an ongoing debate. Are the inspirons on the business-only side? The reasons you mentioned are the extended version of what I was told. I'm by no means to brand loyal when it comes to this stuff. I do like the Govt. discount Dell offers though.

We also try to go AMD when possibe as my wife's brother is an engineer for them. I bought a desktop with an AMD K-6 in 98 or so that's still going in a limited capacity.Don't worry Doug, I won't repost this to the Dell User Group..;)

Latitudes are the business computers. I agree with AMD. I build a new computer about every 6 months and I've never been disappointed or had performance issues with AMDs - virtually all I ever use these days.

Farmer Ted
03-26-2007, 10:55 PM
What kind of government discount do they offer....:rolleyes: .... I might have to look into that..:cool:

Apple is pretty weak, maybe $50 off MRSP, don't remember what Dell's are.

check it out, www.dell.com/epp

bigmac
03-26-2007, 10:59 PM

check it out, www.dell.com/eppDell's are kind of weak too, but I can't remember how much - better than Apple, though. I have the option of buying either through Dell's Government program or their Healthcare program and IIRC, the healthcare program is a little better. Actually I don't pay much attention...when I need a new laptop I tell the person that's in charge of buying laptops and she does all that research after I tell where what model and configuration I need. She's the one that tells me that Healthcare is the better deal. I pretend to be interested because she's spending my company's money, but she really gets into this stuff, so I believe her.

dmayer84
I have seen a lot of problems with hp's and compaq's with the back light burning out.

I got a latitude c400 2 years ago for free, bumped up the ram in it to a gig and its still running strong for everything except gaming.

My company recently switched from Dell to Lenovo. I don't like the lenovos at all, not ver user friendly.

Workin' 4 Toys

check it out, www.dell.com/epp (http://www.dell.com/epp)
Thanks, but I was kidding, I'm going to try a Mac next time around.

Farmer Ted
03-26-2007, 11:02 PM
I think Apple gives a better Education discount

Sodar
03-26-2007, 11:05 PM

check it out, www.dell.com/epp

Student discounts are very good... take your kid or steal the neighbor's kid and his school ID when you go to the apple store... on the new mac books, i beleive it is a $100, plus they run deals, where they give you a free iPod, or additional rebates on a free printer, camera, etc....

Sodar
03-26-2007, 11:05 PM
I think Apple gives a better Education discount

Beat me to it!!

east tx skier
03-26-2007, 11:10 PM
When we bought my wife's, it was 12%. Farmer, if actually end up going Dell versus Mac, be sure to have it delivered to Brad so you don't have to pay sales tax on it. A couple of my friends have gone mac lately. I did the apple thing for years, but I can't go back. Bigmac, those Axim forums seem to have it all just about covered. I can't handle anymore forums. ;)

Farmer Ted
03-26-2007, 11:14 PM
When we bought my wife's, it was 12%. Farmer, if actually end up going Dell versus Mac, be sure to have it delivered to Brad so you don't have to pay sales tax on it. A couple of my friends have gone mac lately. I did the apple thing for years, but I can't go back. Bigmac, those Axim forums seem to have it all just about covered. I can't handle anymore forums. ;)

Apple charges tax everywhere, communists!

If I buy an Apple it will be through AAFES (military Wal-Mart) we get free shipping and no sales tax period.

Disregard, PWI, I read your post, gotcha on Dell....

Workin' 4 Toys
03-26-2007, 11:19 PM
... on the new mac books, i beleive it is a $100, plus they run deals, where they give you a free iPod, or additional rebates on a free printer, camera, etc....
Hmmmm....Maybe if I bring my ipod in I can get that Bose Soundock I have been wanting worked into the deal...I'll remember that when the time comes.;)

edwinfuqua
03-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Screw the laptop option. If you need a video viewer or MP3 player Okay. Spend the money on a laptop if you want to and when you need it a few years from now you will spend more on batteries or upgrades than you would on a good phone. Laptops are a thing of the past... I wish my Viao was still portable, it's not. A good phone will keep you in the loop.

What do you need?

Edwin

PendO
03-26-2007, 11:51 PM
the last laptop I got was a toshiba from office depot ... i bought the display model for 40% off, then I went to the same store in the valley and bought the display model for my my dad

mine is a Satelite P105-S6064 ... I'm running XP, I haven't sent in for the Vista upgrade, it works fine for what I want to do with the xp softwar

bigmac
03-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Apple charges tax everywhere, communists!

Yeh, they have to charge sales tax in every state where they have a retail presence, which is most states. OTOH, no such problem with the various internet resellers. I've bought a lot of stuff over the years from MacConnection and MacMall. Outpost is also good. None of those places charge sales tax as long as you don't live in the same state where they are. Usually you pay the same price as the Apple store (minus the sales tax), but get some kind of freebie like extra RAM or something.

Bear in mind that just because the reseller doesn't charge you sales tax on mail order or internet purchases doesn't mean you aren't supposed to pay it. Most states do require that you voluntarily acquire and fill out a sales and use tax form and return it to the state with a check for the sales tax amount. Some states want you to declare those mail order purchases on your state income tax.

I mention this because I know that none of you would want to forget to make that payment even though your state is unlikely to come get it from you.

mrG
03-27-2007, 08:00 AM
I am on my third Dell laptop and have been very stastisfied with their service and support. Since the bulk of my computer time is spent surfing I can get by with the less expensive Celeron processor without any problems.
Because laptops are somewhat fragile, I find that doing a 2-year lease through Dell with full support works best for me. At the end of lease, when my machine is worn and scratched and the previously replaced battery is weak, I simply return the computer to Dell and receive a new shiny up to date machine (for another 2 year lease).
I have the laptop stationed on the kicthen counter, powered up 24-7 on a wireless network; very convenient.

bigmac
03-27-2007, 08:17 AM
I agree that their business support is quite good. I have always got their 3 year next-business-day support and they have always stepped up. Between my partner and I, we have had Dell techs repair laptops at home, in the office,, and in hotels on the road. I bought a laptop for my son a couple of years ago and accidently checked the Complete Care box - I kicked myself because it cost me an extra $75 over NBD. As it turns out, he later spilled a can of Pepsi into the keyboard and Dell replaced that computer with a slight upgrade within three days at no charge - they even covered shipping both ways.

I'm not pushing Dell, here -- I think there are better laptops out there that are more reliable and with a more imaginative suite of features, but I sure can't fault their customer service.

MCX2RYD
03-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Can't go wrong with the Mac. It makes using a computer fun again!! Havent had a problem in 2 years with my Powerbook G4 17".. It is a little big.. but I dont have a desktop so its all good!

shellabargerj
03-27-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm the proud owner of an IBM (now Lenovo) R51. I had a government discount at the time, which got an expensive machine down to a reasonable price. I've used it every work day - and most weekend days - for three years now, and it has been mostly error-free. I did replace the battery this year - after three years of hard use, it had declined in power, but they all do. I like how customizable the IBM power options are - I pretty much rig for silent running at low power and it will run for four to five hours.

I did have to send it off for the motherboard replacement, but the Lenovo tech support couldn't have been better unless they came to my house and fixed it. They sent me a DHL box, came and picked up the laptop, whisked it off to Memphis or somewhere, fixed it, and returned it within three days - what a deal! I did pay extra for the service plan, but since it was an every-day and always-on machine, it was well worth the price.

I agree it may not be as user-friendly in some respects, but the tech support folks are friendly and very helpful. They have always been polite and quick to get answers. Although I don't think they make the R51 any longer, Lenovo would likely be a great choice for you to consider.

bigmac
03-27-2007, 09:32 AM
I've had many, many laptops over the years, and one thing I have come to believe firmly - the extended repair programs are definitely worth having. IMHO all of such mfgr programs I've seen are cheap for what you potentially get. My machines get dragged everwhere from airports to board rooms to muddy crime scenes to the bush in remote Haiti - sheesh, I think I carry the thing more than I use it. Laptops have an inherently rougher life than a desktop computer. Get the service contract.

cmack
03-27-2007, 09:45 AM
I have always had Dell Laptops. I have been on the bad side with their customer service.
-Short story I had to ship mine in. DHL folded my laptop in half (the wrong way). Dell blamed me. I had to dig through DHL and find out when/where it was damaged. I would have been out 2k if i did not get ahold of a honest person at DHL.
I would buy a Mac Book Pro. You can dual boot to windows or run windows inside of the mac os.

Laptop Deals and Coupons
Very Important -- Here is a link to coupons. I used a $800 off my laptop from Dell. I have seen 35% off ones. The big cupons come out and the end of their quater.

http://www.notebookforums.com/reviews/laptop-coupons.php
* Up to $300 off Latitude, Inspiron, and XPS laptops at the Dell Outlet + Free Shipping -

* 10% off top DELL memory upgrades @ Crucial.com -

* For a limited time only, receive 25% off instantly, plus a FREE Dell 725 color printer when you purchase online specially configured Dell™ Dimension™ desktops. -

* $400 off Inspiron purchases of $1499 or more - Coupon code: 9C12FJVBKTKPV$ - expiring

phecksel
03-27-2007, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't take a dell if you paid me to take it. Well maybe if I was paid, LOL. Point being, their equipment is crap, their service is worse.

east tx skier
03-27-2007, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't take a dell if you paid me to take it. Well maybe if I was paid, LOL. Point being, their equipment is crap, their service is worse.

Save for those of us who have had the contrary experience with Dell. :)

That said, I hear people who have bemoaned Compaq desktops, which always amazes me as we are on our second Compaq in ten years. Both have been totally trouble free (knock wood).

What problems did you have? With my Axim, it showed missing a vital component (much to my frustration). Even though my call was routed to India, I had the part in a day or so. All is well.

Maristar210
03-27-2007, 11:18 AM
I own two Dell laptops and a MacBook. Love the Mac Book JMOhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/P1010007-1.jpg

tones03
03-27-2007, 11:51 AM
I have only problems with dells recently, I have had good luck with Sony's and Toshibas. Ok luck with Gateways, good luck with your choice, I never understand what most of the stuff means so I just try and compare and see what one has the biggest numbers for around the same price.

jimmer2880
03-27-2007, 11:54 AM
I have an HP Pavilion zd8000, good performance so far, but I won't buy another one.

Few things I've learned with my first laptop purchase:

-Don't go for the huge screen, keep it compact for easy transport. I currently have a 17" LCD screen, and it is nice BUT the laptop is big!

-Keep an eye on the overall weight of the laptop. My HP is HEAVY. It doubles as a boat anchor.

-Battery life, I won't buy anything that isn't 2 hours or more. Current laptop might last an hour on a good day.

-Get a spare battery, they are nice for lay overs in airports, etc.

-I will never buy a laptop without a reader for your digital media. Memory card reader is AWESOME!

I'll second you on the memory card reader. Vista will recognize the memory stick & (if setup to do so), will start using the stick as additional swap space. Nothing like adding swap "on the fly".

betsy&david Harrison
03-27-2007, 11:57 AM
I love my iBook G4!!!! Never had an issue with it and I have had it for 2 years now.

:D

Sodar
03-27-2007, 11:57 AM
I own two Dell laptops and a MacBook. Love the Mac Book JMOhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/P1010007-1.jpg

I have an HP Compaq thing for work... don't know what it is!!! I pretty much cuss at the dam thing everyday!! Love my Apple!!

phecksel
03-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Save for those of us who have had the contrary experience with Dell. :)

That said, I hear people who have bemoaned Compaq desktops, which always amazes me as we are on our second Compaq in ten years. Both have been totally trouble free (knock wood).

What problems did you have? With my Axim, it showed missing a vital component (much to my frustration). Even though my call was routed to India, I had the part in a day or so. All is well.

My compaq, super cheap laptop has been great, save for the wireless range...

Dell suddenly added a few unexplained dollars during the checkout phase, little bait & switch. Then they bait & switch free financing, and I did receive a token amount of settlement from the class action lawsuit. My fav, was I had a problem, they wanted me to format the hard drive and call them back. I didn't format, but called them back anyway pretending to have formatted, and they claimed I never called, nor did they tell me to format. Ended up fixing the problem myself, and haven't bought one single thing from them again, choosing to build my own computers...which have been absolutely problem free, and mucho more stable.

In another forum, users are complaining that Dell's 24 hour premium service is actually a week or more.

Guess of all the complaints, my biggest one is over the free financing. Spent a lot of time on the phone arguing that one, and still got stuck with late fees and interest charges. Is it anywonder Dell is suffering sales issues?

puck_11
03-27-2007, 12:18 PM
I've had 6 laptops since college, various models of Gateway, Dell, and HP. I currently have a Dell E1405. Hard drive failed last summer, which even though I have a backup hard drive, I still lost some photos. Battery failed a few months later. Customer service was actually quite helpful. Not sure if I'll buy another Dell though. Picked out an HP DV6000 last month for my girlfriend. Lots of options, great computer, but the battery life sucks, and I think the system gets bogged down way too much, could be a Vista thing.

As far as apple is concerned, good laptop, my roomate bought one, but even though they are supposed to be compatible with a lot of the software out there, my roomate has troubles logging onto certain military secure websites, has troubles with our wireless router, and a few other minor inconveniences.

Anyways, to your original question, what laptop to buy is like asking on here, what boat to buy. What do you plan on using it for? What features do you need? Do you want it to be a desktop replacement, or do you want it to be mobile? Do you want something in between? Will you be watching movies on it, or will you be playing hardcore games with it? Do you want long battery life (This is the most important for me, if it craps out after two hours, its not that great of a laptop, stay away from Sony's)...etc, etc,.

IMO I think the best laptop would be a dual core processor, 15" screen, with all of the usual ammenities. You get a the best of both worlds, but not something that excels particularily in any of the categories.

And I see you're EOD, so go Navy!

chevy08bud
03-27-2007, 01:02 PM
I'd say that a Mac or IBM/Lenovo, laptop would be the way to go. The macs are very powerful and can handle just about any multimedia app that you can throw at it. I am personally using an IBM T41 and have deployed 40 or so IBM/Lenovo laptops ranging from the R51, T41, T42, R52, and T43. If I were to buy a Lenovo, I'd probably get a T43 or one of their multimedia X series notebooks. The T series have Titanium cases and are pretty durable, and are light and thin.

boatdad
03-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Do you have to stick with a PC based machine? If not move to a Mac. Very user friendly and most all PC Based applications work. Much more secure and less BS finding it's way to your hard drive.

east tx skier
03-27-2007, 02:56 PM
My compaq, super cheap laptop has been great, save for the wireless range...

Dell suddenly added a few unexplained dollars during the checkout phase, little bait & switch. Then they bait & switch free financing, and I did receive a token amount of settlement from the class action lawsuit. My fav, was I had a problem, they wanted me to format the hard drive and call them back. I didn't format, but called them back anyway pretending to have formatted, and they claimed I never called, nor did they tell me to format. Ended up fixing the problem myself, and haven't bought one single thing from them again, choosing to build my own computers...which have been absolutely problem free, and mucho more stable.

In another forum, users are complaining that Dell's 24 hour premium service is actually a week or more.

Guess of all the complaints, my biggest one is over the free financing. Spent a lot of time on the phone arguing that one, and still got stuck with late fees and interest charges. Is it anywonder Dell is suffering sales issues?

Sorry to hear it. Guess we should count our blessings. So far, the financing has worked several times without issue. The 1600n printers have been dynamite, too.

My biggest complaint is still the loose hinges.

Oh, and while I'm posting, stay away from Toshiba. Their customer service ran me around for almost two years and never got to the root of my problem, which ended up being a $.40 clip supplied by a local independent tech.

cst573
03-27-2007, 03:34 PM
IMO Dell is the way to go. I have a new Dell D610 and an older Dell Latitude C600. They have both been great laptops.
Also have a Gateway M520 (bought for wife). That has been a great one as well.
Dell customer service has always been dependable, I have to deal with them occasionally for work purposes, but they are sometimes hard to understand because they are located in [the] (middle east).

BriEOD
03-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Wow, thanks for all of the feedback.

Well, all except for Beau sending me a link to a pink iMac. I'm sure that is what he has at home to match his purple MC.

I've had a Dell Inspiron 8200 since 2001. It's been a great machine with little issues. We are ready for an upgrade. I think I'm going to get another Dell. I looked at the Macs and all of my experience is with PCs.

Thanks for all of the input.

P.S. Jim@BAWS got FIOS yesterday so you don't have to beat me up over my Brighthouse anymore. ;)

87MCProstar
03-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I agree with SodarSki73, apple is the only way to go. you pay a little more at the beginning but last way longer. cousin has one that has lasted over 5 years with original battery. I just advised my girlfriend to do the same, she picked up the mac book. great all around machine

cbryan70
03-27-2007, 07:43 PM
well mac is the way to go but if you dont want to go with that i have a new gateway have had 3 and have had very few problems. Good customer service. Dell customer service blows. Cant understand them. ALso with dell computers the laptop screen tends to have some give as they get older they get loose

boatdad
03-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Watch out for Gateway Computers. I have a business that uses many computers and Gateways always have power supply problems.

Evan Jones
04-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Just ordered two Dells for work and got a free $600 projector thrown in ! They wanted to give me two free printers, but I have gotten those before and they are junk. The computers quoted out at $1600 each, and I asked about the projector and they charged be $599 for the projector and dropped the price of the PCs to $1300 each. I was surprised they give that much price control to the salesmen.

bigmac
04-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Just ordered two Dells for work and got a free $600 projector thrown in ! They wanted to give me two free printers, but I have gotten those before and they are junk. The computers quoted out at $1600 each, and I asked about the projector and they charged be $599 for the projector and dropped the price of the PCs to $1300 each. I was surprised they give that much price control to the salesmen.The corporate sales account guys at Dell have a LOT of discretion...likewise all of the other resellers of other brands like CDW, PCZone, MacZone, MacConnection etc. They are more constrained on pricing on Macs because of Apple's pricing policies and the very thin margins, but if you're calling in on an established corporate account, or better yet establishing a corporate account, they can pull off some impressive slight-of-hand if you give them reason to do so.

Evan Jones
04-09-2007, 04:41 PM
True, you have to deal with the corporate account guys. Then if you get caught having to call the help line you get to talk to someone who speaks English here in the States instead of someone you can't understand in India !

atlfootr
04-09-2007, 05:14 PM
I had my mind completely made up on what kind of Laptop I was going to buy before I read this thread, now I'm :confused: as hell :mad:

atlfootr
04-09-2007, 05:20 PM
True, if you get caught having to call the help line you get to talk to someone who speaks English in the States instead of someone you can't understand in India !This is a whole nother thread ... :rant:

east tx skier
04-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Then if you get caught having to call the help line you get to talk to someone who speaks English here in the States instead of someone you can't understand in India !

With that concern firmly in mind, I called the help line a few weeks back with sufficient dread after my new Axim showed up without part of the power cord. To his credit, Ashish (his real name, didn't want to come off as stereotyping) couldn't have been more helpful. He was extremely polite and got me taken care of. Sure, mine was an easily solved problem, but figured I'd post about one of the guys on their outsourced phone bank who has a good head on his shoulders. Now don't get me started about the time I tried to cancel my AOL account years back. :rant:

To the contrary, a few years back, I called about my wife's computer. It being an Inspiron, I got routed to the U.S. call center and was serviced by a complete nincompoop.

It really is luck of the draw.

bigmac
04-09-2007, 06:46 PM
True, you have to deal with the corporate account guys. Then if you get caught having to call the help line you get to talk to someone who speaks English here in the States instead of someone you can't understand in India !YES! Also true. Support agreements for corporate accounts are not outsourced overseas.

BCBlazers
04-09-2007, 10:50 PM
i have a dell inspiron 9300 that is great. i got it christmas '05, and my apt. was broken into october 15, 2006, and a guy "bought" it from another guy for 150 bucks and RETURNED it to me when he saw some pics of me on it and recognized me... weird.... it had been taken apart and most of the screws were missing out of the bottom of it but everything works except my bluetooth and my control button has fallen out. but other than that i'm more than happy to have it back.