PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Trailer Tire Seperation

BrianM
03-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Since it is the begining of the season I figured I would post this and remind everyone to check those tires before heading out this season. I had one of my Marathons on my trailer seperate on the way up to the gas station this weekend. Mind you this happened on the 1/4 mile trip at 20mph from the lake to the station. About a 1/4 of the tread peeled right off the tire. I had taken a look at them a couple of months ago and noticed some checking on the sidewalls. Figured that they would need to be replaced if I planned to do any longer trips this year since they are more than likely original tires. Now this one isn't good for the 100 yard tow from the shed to the ramp.

Avoid a side of the road headache and replace those tires if there is a hint of something not being right. Check your bearing greese while you are at it.

trickskier
03-26-2007, 03:33 PM
If those Marathons were the original tires, I think you got all of the GOOD out of them........I've never gotten more than 3 years out of a set before having to replace them, and I check the air pressures before each trip to the lake. I do a lot of trailering, lake is about 40 miles from my house.