PDA

View Full Version : Can make a regular seat into a bolster seat?

jmkshm101
03-26-2007, 12:58 PM
I am brand new to the forum as I recently purchased an X1 from Jim at Bay Area Watersports (big shout out to him for helping me) and was wondering if it is possible to convert the standard seat to a bolster seat. The bolster portion is already there and separate so it looks like it only takes the lifting arm bracket to allow that portion to move. Am I correct in this assumption? Has anyone actually tried to do this? Thanks in advance.

Maristar210
03-26-2007, 01:06 PM
First of all welcome. Great boat!!!

I could be wrong but I believe your boat has a bolster seat standard. This may sound dumb and forgive me if I am wrong but mine is not easy to lift and takes a little effort. Have you tried to lift it?

Someone will be along shorty to confirm my suspicion or tell me I'm an idiot.

Welcome to the board. We need some pictures please.

Steve

east tx skier
03-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Welcome. Here's an article on Wakesiderides (http://www.wakesiderides.com/viewArticle.php?id=162) that might help.

jmkshm101
03-26-2007, 04:29 PM
The bolster seat isn't standard, but the standard bucket seat has the same 2 sections so there wouldn't be a need to cut the seat in half like the article in Wakeside rides. I guess I can try calling that supplier to see if they also sell to Mastercraft.