PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Advice

kjohnson
03-26-2007, 09:11 AM
I know several of you have refurbished your trailers. If you had it done professionaly, can you tell me how much it cost? I am considering buying a new Shorelander galvanized trailer to replace my MC trailer. I know they aren't as nice, but you can get a new one for $2700.

Thanks

Sodar
03-26-2007, 09:18 AM
I know several of you have refurbished your trailers. If you had it done professionaly, can you tell me how much it cost? I am considering buying a new Shorelander galvanized trailer to replace my MC trailer. I know they aren't as nice, but you can get a new one for $2700.

Thanks

I probably did more, than you needed, so I have itemized where my money went. Pick and chose what you are going to do, for a realistic idea!

My real costs were as follows:

Disc Brakes and Actuator: $600
LED Lights: $125
Sandblasting: $200
Pivit Hitch: $400
Misc. Welding: $40 plus a 12 pack of beer
Paint: $800
Additional Upgrades: $500 (New Winch, Auto Tie-Downs, Rollers for Prop Guard, New Jack, Jet Connex Wiring, New Carpet and Bunks)

Edit: I did most of the work myself, besides the welding, sandblasting and painting. People will respond that they had their trailer totally redone by someone for less than $1000...Where these magical shops are? I do not know, but I could not find them!! ;)

H20skeefreek
03-26-2007, 09:26 AM
KJ, in my opinion, you can refurb your trailer for far less than 2700. Granted, I've never seen your trailer, but it shouldn't cost that much. It's gonna cost you more in time than anything. Does your trailer have brakes?

erkoehler
03-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Also, keep in mind if you ever go to sell your boat and it is on a shorelander trailer, it is going to decrease the value.

shepherd
03-26-2007, 09:55 AM
I redid my trailer to "like-new" condition for a little over $1,000. I did all of the work myself, except the sandblasting and painting. Even if you paid someone to do it, if shouldn't cost near $2,700.

pkskier
03-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I have a 20 year old roadrunner trailer that was in pretty bad shape. Bad enought that I did not want to travel with it. Took it to roadrunner trailers in Lewisville, Texas and had them completely refurbish it. Sandblasted, painted, new fenders, new diamond plate, new lights, new winch, new wiring, replaced the brackets that the bunks attached to and new trailer jack. Trailer looks brand new and I am ready to hit the road. Cost $1,250.00 and none of my time.

sanjuan23
03-26-2007, 11:23 AM
PK, you know if they will do this type of work on a MC Trailer. Supposed to be getting my trailer sometime this week for a couple of weeks sans boat. Looking to get it taken care of.

Thanks!

Sorry threadjack over!

pkskier
03-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Sanjuan, roadrunner will only work on their trailers they don't want the liability of working on someone elses. You may want to check out Road Master Trailers in Fort Worth in the 121 & Minnis Drive area.