PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Calendar Help

123src
03-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Please help!!

Does anyone know how to transfer all events from Outlook Calendar on one computer to another through email, aside from individually inviting for each appointment/event??????

I cannot use bluetooth, any software/hardware adds or other connections... just email.

ANY help is truly appreciated:D

Leroy
03-25-2007, 02:29 PM
This is tricky, this new PC is in your name or does it have another email account and address?

I believe you can save all all of your calendar events in an offline PST file and then email that file to your new PC. Then open that and make it a part of your online calendar events.

Risks: everyone could end up getting another invite.

Warning: I have not done this but regularily use offline files, even from my past work.

123src
03-25-2007, 02:44 PM
The situation at hand is this....

My work computer has all my current calendar events on it. In an effort to become more organized and not have to fire up my work laptop every time I need to look at my caledar, I decided to get a PDA. My company locks up the laptops pretty tight as far as adding software, but I never thought they would not allow PDA sync. software... but that is the case. So now I am left with 2 options:

1. figure out how to transfer all my caledar info to my home computer through email, as I can sync. the PDA there....

or

2. re-enter all appointments, tasks, events manually into my home computer.

I figure that #2 is probably what I will have to do, but it will just be sooo time consuming, where #1 would be so nice. I should have asked my IT guys about this before I decided to go to a PDA, but I did not, so here I sit...

jimmer2880
03-25-2007, 06:25 PM
This is tricky, this new PC is in your name or does it have another email account and address?

I believe you can save all all of your calendar events in an offline PST file and then email that file to your new PC. Then open that and make it a part of your online calendar events.

Risks: everyone could end up getting another invite.

Warning: I have not done this but regularily use offline files, even from my past work.

The export to a .pst is the answer I would suggest. You can then import into the new system.

phecksel
03-26-2007, 11:16 AM
My company locks up the laptops pretty tight as far as adding software, but I never thought they would not allow PDA sync. software... but that is the case. ...

That's just crazy... Don't they understand how much more productive you'll be? Typical corporate IT, head stuck in sand...

dmayer84
03-26-2007, 11:56 AM
That's just crazy... Don't they understand how much more productive you'll be? Typical corporate IT, head stuck in sand...

Is it a company owned pda? I know that where I work, if it is not company owned, it cant be on the network. Alot of people went and bought their own black berrys, cant be used because they do not belong to the company. It comes down to the information portability policy of the company.

A pda sync to a personal pda, could aslo be interpreted as putting company information on a device that could be used to steal information, since it isnt company owned.

123src
03-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Is it a company owned pda? I know that where I work, if it is not company owned, it cant be on the network. Alot of people went and bought their own black berrys, cant be used because they do not belong to the company. It comes down to the information portability policy of the company.

A pda sync to a personal pda, could aslo be interpreted as putting company information on a device that could be used to steal information, since it isnt company owned.

Pivate PDA, but you nailed the companies reasoning.... I just invited my forwarded iCalendar to my personal computer every event... whole morning blown... oh well, at least it is done.

Thanks guys