PDA

View Full Version : Battery boxes?

Putter
03-25-2007, 01:58 PM
I am in the process of relocating my batteries to the back of my boat in each corner of the custom seat I am building. I am in question as to wether or not battery boxes are necessary or not? anyone some feedback would be helpful?

Leroy
03-25-2007, 02:19 PM
My personal opinion, with a good sealed battery not required, but useful in so many practical ways that they are worth it.

Saberbrinks
04-09-2010, 03:00 PM
You usually do that if you need to transfer some weight. I did that on my last boat. More for fun than anything else. However, from experience, make sure you use battery boxes when you do it. I made this mistake. Ending up getting some battery boxes made by NOCO. Not sure where you can get them, but their website is http//:noco-usa.com. I am sure they can tell you where to purchase them. They worked great.

Thrall
04-09-2010, 03:17 PM
After the mess I saw when I opened the battery box on my newly acquired X2 last year, I wouldn't chance any type of battery even a gel or AGM in the boat without a box.

My boat just had a normal battery, but it was leaking, like 1/2" of battery acid in the bottom of the box. No box would have trashed alot of carpet.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-09-2010, 07:43 PM
The Coast Guard and your local enforcement agency frown on batteries not in a battery box. Doesn't need to be covered, but must be able to contain.