PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Oil Changes made easy with LiquiVac

BuoyChaser
03-25-2007, 11:41 AM
does anyone else read The Family Handyman magainze???if not you gotta subscribe, because it means MORE EFFICIENT PROJECTS DONE AT HOME, to save time to spend more behind the BOAT!!!check it out at http://www.rd.com/familyhandyman/

anyway, i've always been annoyed by the cheap handpumps and trying not to make a mess in the boat, but this little jobber makes it look easy, check it out and looks like you can pick them up at Lowe's http://www.liquivac.com/

JohnnyB
03-25-2007, 11:43 AM
That's a scaled down version of the one I use to change the tranny fluid in my boat. Your link didn't work but i'll bet it is cheaper at Lowe's than from Overtons.

BuoyChaser
03-25-2007, 11:53 AM
That's a scaled down version of the one I use to change the tranny fluid in my boat. Your link didn't work but i'll bet it is cheaper at Lowe's than from Overtons.
fixed the link, but you can order online direct through them...

Six pack for friends Buy 5 and get a 6th unit free for yourself! Buy five Small Engine Model Liquivac units and get one free for yourself!

Makes even difficult oil changes easy; 3 quart capacity. (ships in 1-3 business days) $174.95

ouch shipping is $45 though...

bigmac
03-25-2007, 11:59 AM
fixed the link, but you can order online direct through them...

Six pack for friends Buy 5 and get a 6th unit free for yourself! Buy five Small Engine Model Liquivac units and get one free for yourself!

Makes even difficult oil changes easy; 3 quart capacity. (ships in 1-3 business days) $174.95

ouch shipping is $45 though...

Let's organize a group buy!

I agree those things work well. I opted for a Pela which is the same general concept because it was on sale at Fleet Farm for $39. I also hook the thing up directly to my engine oil drain hose - takes less time in the driveway than gravity alone, but by using the on-board drain hose on the engine that Indmar was kind enough to provide, I can change the engine oil while in my boat lift - nice because then I can get both engine and tranny oil up to temp. In that regard, I'd want to get one that could handle engine oil capacity too. And even my transmission has about a gallon of oil in it.

http://www.overtons.com/assets/images/products/large/27266L.jpg

BuoyChaser
03-25-2007, 12:11 PM

I agree those things work well. I opted for a Pela which is the same general concept because it was on sale at Fleet Farm for $39. I also hook the thing up directly to my engine oil drain hose - takes less time in the driveway than gravity alone, but by using the on-board drain hose on the engine that Indmar was kind enough to provide, I can change the engine oil while in my boat lift - nice because then I can get both engine and tranny oil up to temp. In that regard, I'd want to get one that could handle engine oil capacity too. And even my transmission has about a gallon of oil in it.

i agree, so much easier changing it on the boat lift, CLEANER too for those of us who don't have pavement or concrete garage to do maintenance!!!

i agree 2gal is key!!!going to check out Lowe's and see what they've got, tax-free in our state, because that shipping is rediculous...

bigmac
03-25-2007, 12:15 PM
i agree, so much easier changing it on the boat lift, CLEANER too for those of us who don't have pavement or concrete garage to do maintenance!!!

i agree 2gal is key!!!going to check out Lowe's and see what they've got, tax-free in our state, because that shipping is rediculous...I appreciate this thread, BC...I hadn't though of using the thing to change oil in all my little 4 cycle engines:o - which I don't do often enough because it's a PITA

BuoyChaser
03-25-2007, 12:18 PM
I appreciate this thread, BC...I hadn't though of using the thing to change oil in all my little 4 cycle engines:o - which I don't do often enough because it's a PITA
my thoughts EXACTLY!!!that's where i thought the capacity thing, maybe could swap out the two on the larger container with the smaller oil drain hose kit...finally one worth buying in my opinion...

BuoyChaser
03-25-2007, 12:31 PM
here we go, best of both worlds: http://www.liquivac.com/index.php?a=5

Original LiquiVac for Bigger Projects and Engines.
Vacuums out oil in larger engines in minutes! And, without the Mess!
The Original LiquiVac is excellent for bigger engines and projects. With its large 8-quart-capacity holding tank, the original LiquiVac works best for greater oil extraction projects. Designed for larger volume projects, it comes with a special narrower suction hose to fit dipstick tubes of cars, light trucks, boats,recreational vehicles, tractors and many other hard working engines. It can also be used efficiently on transmissions, differentials and for emergency liquid clean up jobs.

Perfect for boats
Most inboard boats are very difficult to change the oil. In many cases the drain plugs are impossible to get to. Therefore, the LiquiVac is the perfect tool for doing it yourself and there is no need for expensive marina servicing. Great for power boats and sailboats!

Jesus_Freak
03-25-2007, 11:38 PM

I just purchased this one after Bigmac's post a few weeks ago. Has anyone used BC's proposal yet?