PDA

View Full Version : Where do you post the most?

tex
03-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Everyone already knows where my answer is but where is your's?

Where do you have the most posts?

MarkP
03-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Everyone already knows where my answer is but where is your's?

Where do you have the most posts?
The local mountain bike forum..

Whats yours again?;) ?

erkoehler
03-25-2007, 12:11 AM
1. TMC! :)
2. WWW.JOHNDEE.COM

tex
03-25-2007, 12:14 AM
I voted! Can you guess?

MarkP
03-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Guess it doesn’t take a genius at this point.

Leroy
03-25-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm just surprised that wasn't #1, 2 and 3! 8p

How are you doing Tex!

I voted! Can you guess?

TMCNo1
03-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Team Talk, have to keep the pm box cleared for more teak and CSM questions.

bigmac
03-25-2007, 11:05 AM
I own two vBulletin forums and I'm the Administrator there - one is a weight-loss surgery discussion forum for patients and the other is a private surgical discussion forum for doctors. I admin these sites with the help of a few moderators, but I've got a guy I hired to troubleshoot the vBulletin upgrades and he also does my graphics because I'm not so adept at these CSS style sheets.

I'm also an Admin or moderator on two different computer gaming sites (Admin on one, but not owner -- moderator on the other). That has some interesting challenges given the typical participants at gaming sites. Here on TeamTalk, most of us are old enough to be able to afford an expensive purpose-built boat. ANYBODY can afford a computer game and those forums can get pretty wild. This place is postively serene by comparison. An Admin/moderator on those sites definitely needs to know where the "Ban User" button is.

I also spend a fair amount of time on the vBulletin discussion forums and their private board for Admins, as well as The Admin Zone which is just Admin tips - not vBulletin specific. Right now the biggest challenge for site Administrators these days is screening membership applicants. Not only is email spam a problem for all of us, there's an incredible number of spammers out there wanting to post their crap on these boards. They use bots/automated scripts to cruise the web for sites like this and apply for membership. Many of them can even get by the optical "copy this number" and the "reply-to" membership email. If there's a large number of membership applications, it can get time-consuming for the administrator(s) to screen each one for IP range, posting history elsewhere, and whether or not their email address is an anonymous remailer. I virtually NEVER see such spam on this site, so my hat is off the TMC and TTAdmin.

tex
03-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm just surprised that wasn't #1, 2 and 3! 8p

How are you doing Tex!

Ready to ride my Sky Ski!

JKTX21
03-25-2007, 12:14 PM
I have the most posts on here. I also post on a couple of local wakeboard sites.

I agree, the vibe around here is definitely positive, mature in all the right places, and everyone is courteous.