PDA

View Full Version : Where do you put your beer?

Putter
03-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I have an 88 prostar and there is absolutely no room for a cooler anywhere in the boat. I am currently in the process of relocating my one battery to the back of the boat and installing two, one on each side of the customized seat. The old battery location in the floorboard has been cut out so I am going to make an access panel where the box use to be, then fiberglass a piece across the bilge in front of the pump with the wiring and the bilge pump hose running underneath and make this area into a "cooler". I will put in a drain plug out the back and let the melted ice drain into the pump area. What do you think? Will this work or am I out of my mind? Give me some feedback because I am having issues as to what my other options are for beverage storage...

AirJunky
03-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Of all the boats I've owned, I stopped using the on-board coolers. I have usually moored the boat on the water, sometimes for months on end. Sometimes there is no power on the dock. The cooler tends to get really funky & full of garbage. It's easier to haul all your beer & ice out there in a mobile cooler of some kind, then haul all your garbage out in the same cooler. The one we use on a daily basis is one of those soft coolers from Costco. It's amazing how long they keep ice frozen.
Then we have a bigger Igloo cooler we use for weekends. It fits between the engine & starboard side right behind the driver.

TMCNo1
03-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Of all the boats I've owned, I stopped using the on-board coolers. I have usually moored the boat on the water, sometimes for months on end. Sometimes there is no power on the dock. The cooler tends to get really funky & full of garbage. It's easier to haul all your beer & ice out there in a mobile cooler of some kind, then haul all your garbage out in the same cooler. The one we use on a daily basis is one of those soft coolers from Costco. It's amazing how long they keep ice frozen.
Then we have a bigger Igloo cooler we use for weekends. It fits between the engine & port side right behind the driver.

Don't you mean Starboard? Like you, put small soft side or hard plastic, behind the driver seat.

Putter
03-24-2007, 07:20 PM
TMCNo1 your the knowledgeable guy with the same boat do you think thats a possibility or a good Idea? Where do you put your cooler?

AirJunky
03-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Don't you mean Starboard? Like you, put small soft side or hard plastic, behind the driver seat.
Duh..... yea, thanks.

BTW, one of those boats we had was an 88 PS190. And that cooler was the funkiest of them all. It always has oily water in it.

Putter
03-24-2007, 07:43 PM
The boat doesnt have a cooler at all thats what Im trying to make. But I see where if I did build it how it would get oily water in it all the time. Didnt think about that.

FlatBoard
03-24-2007, 08:04 PM
I put it in my big fat belly!! Right where it belongs.. :D

By the way go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
03-24-2007, 08:41 PM
TMCNo1 your the knowledgeable guy with the same boat do you think thats a possibility or a good Idea? Where do you put your cooler?

Post #3, or if the rear seat is out, in rear port corner. Coolers have self adhesive hook portion of velcro so they grip the carpet and won't slide across the floor.

atlfootr
03-24-2007, 09:56 PM
in my mouth
down my throat
well, you know the rest

JKTX21
03-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah, the cooler in the floor of my boat is never used. I cleaned it out and plugged it up last summer. I guess I could keep ballast pumps, etc. in there. I usually keep whatever cooler we have on board behind the driver's seat.

MarkP
03-24-2007, 11:59 PM
dah!!!!!!!!...............

TMCNo1
03-25-2007, 09:06 AM
dah!!!!!!!!...............

Ballast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!