PDA

View Full Version : Paper Shredder Moment

PendO
03-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Well, I had a flip-out at my office yesterday, I was pretty sure that I had shredded something (which needed to be shred, b/c it had my name/ss#, etc ... on it) ... but I was trying to run it back thru my mind so I could confirm that I had shredded it and not lost it (and possibly had it fall out of my truck) ... anway, I had not emptied the shredder (crosscut) this week, so yup, I dug thru the shreeder, found a few pieces and matched them to a copy of the original - so, I guess I shredded it but just didn't remember ... now I need a vacuum to clean up the mess - but I feel better:)

Monte
03-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Confetti?????

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Well, I had a flip-out at my office yesterday, I was pretty sure that I had shredded something (which needed to be shred, b/c it had my name/ss#, etc ... on it) ... but I was trying to run it back thru my mind so I could confirm that I had shredded it and not lost it (and possibly had it fall out of my truck) ... anway, I had not emptied the shredder (crosscut) this week, so yup, I dug thru the shreeder, found a few pieces and matched them to a copy of the original - so, I guess I shredded it but just didn't remember ... now I need a vacuum to clean up the mess - but I feel better:)
dayum Pendo, your as screwed up as I am!!:o I am a slave to OCD and anxiety like that! Did I? or didnt I? Dont worry pal, you will like the enchanted kingdom! I ride the white van there periodically and its all good!;)

PendO
03-23-2007, 02:02 PM
dayum Pendo, your as screwed up as I am!!:o I am a slave to OCD and anxiety like that! Did I? or didnt I? Dont worry pal, you will like the enchanted kingdom! I ride the white van there periodically and its all good!;)

yeah, I half considered driving back to the office at 11pm last night ... my wife was like "you can check it in the morning, nobody is going to empty your shredder tonight:)" ... she on the other hand is the exact opposite of me - which works out very well ... UMP, I like a good campfire, but I am always putting so much damn water on when its time to go home - it to combat the damn what if scenarios:)

Maristar210
03-23-2007, 02:05 PM

Dude....

You gots issues...:D

03-23-2007, 02:10 PM
yeah, I half considered driving back to the office at 11pm last night ... my wife was like "you can check it in the morning, nobody is going to empty your shredder tonight" ... she on the other hand is the exact opposite of me - which works out very well ... UMP, I like a good campfire, but I am always putting so much damn water on when its time to go home - it to combat the damn what if scenarios:)
Yes, the water isnt for the fire, its for your anxiety. I know the feeling.

Sounds like you and I should get together and double check lightswitches, door locks, engine oil, and pill boxes some weekend!:uglyhamme :uglyhamme OCD sucks!

Ever read the book "Just Checking" ??? written by a woman that had OCD and her story of how it controlled her life and destroyed her marraige? great book, funny but sad. :o

03-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Dude....

No, no, he's fine, I totally understand!:D

PendO
03-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Dude....

This whole problem started b/c I had the paperwork in my truck last friday headed to my office, but I had to stop at the repair shop b/c I had a brake caliper seize up, so I put the paperwork in the car I borrowed from my mom, then my dad gave me his truck so I put the paperwork in there, parked his truck in my garage and he came to pick it up on saturday morning - so I put the paperwork on my garage shelfs, my truck was laid up until monday so I had planned on using my wife's suburban to go to work, put the paperwork in her car on saturday evening, then we got in the accident so after dealing with the police and the tow truck guy I took the paperwork out of the suburban and put it back in my mom's car ... and from there I lost track of it ... I found the other stuff that was with it in my office put away/filed in the correct spot, but I couldn't find the stuff that I needed to shred and I couldn't remember if I had done the task - normally my memory is pretty much like a video recorder (I can tell you about putting my boat away last fall, tell you what the weather was like, etc) so it was disconcerting to not be able to remember if I had or hadn't shredded the stuff ... it's probably just stress related - the other crazy thing was that when the cop was doing his post-accident interview I was giving him the information for who else was in the car and I stumbled for like 5 seconds to think of my wife's middle name (when we got married she took her maiden name and replaced her given middle name - but I was going to give the cop my wife's full maiden name instead of her married name) - oh well, its friday:)

Maristar210
03-23-2007, 02:23 PM
This whole problem started b/c I had the paperwork in my truck last friday headed to my office, but I had to stop at the repair shop b/c I had a brake caliper seize up, so I put the paperwork in the car I borrowed from my mom, then my dad gave me his truck so I put the paperwork in there, parked his truck in my garage and he came to pick it up on saturday morning - so I put the paperwork on my garage shelfs, my truck was laid up until monday so I had planned on using my wife's suburban to go to work, put the paperwork in her car on saturday evening, then we got in the accident so after dealing with the police and the tow truck guy I took the paperwork out of the suburban and put it back in my mom's car ... and from there I lost track of it ... I found the other stuff that was with it in my office put away/filed in the correct spot, but I couldn't find the stuff that I needed to shred and I couldn't remember if I had done the task - normally my memory is pretty much like a video recorder (I can tell you about putting my boat away last fall, tell you what the weather was like, etc) so it was disconcerting to not be able to remember if I had or hadn't shredded the stuff ... it's probably just stress related - the other crazy thing was that when the cop was doing his post-accident interview I was giving him the information for who else was in the car and I stumbled for like 5 seconds to think of my wife's middle name (when we got married she took her maiden name and replaced her given middle name - but I was going to give the cop my wife's full maiden name instead of her married name) - oh well, its friday:)

Oh kay????

Did you turn off the iron this morning? How about the coffee maker?8p

Sodar
03-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Works much better if you just email everyone all the information like that... that way their are no hidden secrets ;)

03-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Oh kay????

Did you turn off the iron this morning? How about the coffee maker?8p
Dont do taht Staristar! it aint funny! well, maybe its a little funny...:o I suffer from that all the time. :rolleyes:

Did I remember to put fresh oil in the boat last fall? did I remember to drain all the water out of the block? I wonder if there is any water in there? I wonder if I put a fresh oil filter on? Did I remember to put clean undies on this morning?

:rolleyes:

Ric
03-23-2007, 03:13 PM
This whole problem started b/c I had the paperwork in my truck last friday headed to my office, but I had to stop at the repair shop b/c I had a brake caliper seize up, so I put the paperwork in the car I borrowed from my mom, then my dad gave me his truck so I put the paperwork in there, parked his truck in my garage and he came to pick it up on saturday morning - so I put the paperwork on my garage shelfs, my truck was laid up until monday so I had planned on using my wife's suburban to go to work, put the paperwork in her car on saturday evening, then we got in the accident so after dealing with the police and the tow truck guy I took the paperwork out of the suburban and put it back in my mom's car ... and from there I lost track of it ... I found the other stuff that was with it in my office put away/filed in the correct spot, but I couldn't find the stuff that I needed to shred and I couldn't remember if I had done the task - normally my memory is pretty much like a video recorder (I can tell you about putting my boat away last fall, tell you what the weather was like, etc) so it was disconcerting to not be able to remember if I had or hadn't shredded the stuff ... it's probably just stress related - the other crazy thing was that when the cop was doing his post-accident interview I was giving him the information for who else was in the car and I stumbled for like 5 seconds to think of my wife's middle name (when we got married she took her maiden name and replaced her given middle name - but I was going to give the cop my wife's full maiden name instead of her married name) - oh well, its friday:) was it a dodge?

03-23-2007, 04:03 PM
was it a dodge?
No, obviously it wasnt a DODGE, they hit him!:rolleyes: If they had dodged him, he wouldnt have got in the accident. :rolleyes:

erkoehler
03-23-2007, 04:14 PM
So, if you were able to just piece back the shredded document to see if you actually shredded it, doesn't that mean that anyone could go through your shreddings and piece them back together?

I think you should get a better shredder!

Ric
03-23-2007, 05:09 PM
So, if you were able to just piece back the shredded document to see if you actually shredded it, doesn't that mean that anyone could go through your shreddings and piece them back together?

I think you should get a better shredder! what are you trying to put the guy in a straight jacket erk! :eek:

Sodar
03-23-2007, 05:17 PM
what are you trying to put the guy in a straight jacket erk! :eek:

It is much easier when you have a COPY of the original... It is very difficult without one!! I shreaded something before that I did not intend to and had to peice it back together... Unsuccessful mission!!:rolleyes:

Ric
03-23-2007, 05:21 PM
just so you know, all of my shreaded documents are mixed in a slurry of urine prior to setting them out to the curb...

RexDog1
03-23-2007, 05:23 PM
just so you know, all of my shreaded documents are mixed in a slurry of urine prior to setting them out to the curb...

Well everybody needs a hobby :D

Sodar
03-23-2007, 05:32 PM

:uglyhamme

Ric, you never cease to amaze me!

Sodar
03-23-2007, 05:32 PM
-----------------------

TX.X-30 fan
03-23-2007, 05:41 PM

That is SIC RIC

Ric
03-23-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't yet know if I can trust those new neighbors of mine so it's a precaution :purplaugh:

PendO
03-23-2007, 06:57 PM
was it a dodge?

Truck with the caliper frozen - yup - 03' dodge

Erk, I couldn't piece the document back together, but I knew that I used a specific color pen on the document so I found a few shards with that pen color on them and called it good ... but since my shredder is not D.O.D. grade I am sure someone could piece it back together if they really wanted to ... but I'm not concerend with that.

The car we hit was a chevy, and ours was a chevy ... his was more like a pebble, mine was more like a rock:)