PDA

View Full Version : Vent/Blower Hose Location

jrcarte78
03-23-2007, 12:29 PM
I have an '89 TriStar 190 w/ closed bow. I'm currently re-carpeting the entire boat(thread and pics when complete :) ) But, while I've got the whole boat taken apart, I wanted to replace all of my vent hoses. They are all cracked, broken, missing, or in general dis-repair. I am going to order the 3" hose(http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MPI402-30000) from SkiDim to use as replacement.

My question is: where do these 4 lines all end? There are two vents port and starboard at the rear of the boat. I think the one on the starboard side would be the blower exhaust hose/vent(as my blower is installed on the starboard stringer next to the motor. That still leaves the vent and hose on the port side? This one is currently missing completely so I don't know for sure, but was thinking possibly it could be fresh air into the bilge?

Also, there are two vents/hoses, port and starboard, at the front of the boat. Right now the 2 hoses connected to these front vents are just laying in the floor area under the bow. Does anyone know where these get routed to?

I have looked completely through the owner's manual and searched the site and haven't come up with much.

If any of the other TriStar 190 owners would mind taking a look when they get an opportunity I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

J.R.

jenglin
03-23-2007, 12:48 PM
I was wondering the same thing on my 1988 TriStar open bow. I had the panel off under the dash working on the stereo and noticed a vent pipe coming off of the front port side vent just sitting on the floor. I have no idea where the front two vents are suppose to go. Looking forward to what people have to say.

TMCNo1
03-23-2007, 03:00 PM
The 2 from the port and starboard bow vents go down the vinyl sleeve in the raised box forward of the battery well where the steering cable, throttle cable and wiring go down and end just forward of the bilge pump under the observer seat. They force air into the bilge at speed above idle and it leaves the bilge thru the transom deck box/vent on the port side thru a hose that just lays in the bilge beside the stringer and runs up to the vent box/vent.
The blower on the starboard side of the engine is open in the front intake and has a hose coming off the rear discharge going thru the bilge and up to the starboard side of the transom deck vent box/vent. When at idle the blower pulls fresh air from the bow vent hoses that are forward and draws it thru the bilge and into the blower and discharges it out the rear vent box/vent.

east tx skier
03-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Here's the blower hose location.

jrcarte78
03-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks No1, the info is greatly appreciated. I think my set up is slightly different from yours as my battery is in the rear of the boat, but I know now what all the hoses and vents are meant to accomplish and how. Thanks again! Off to SkiDim I go.

:)

J.R.

TMCNo1
03-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks No1, the info is greatly appreciated. I think my set up is slightly different from yours as my battery is in the rear of the boat, but I know now what all the hoses and vents are meant to accomplish and how. Thanks again! Off to SkiDim I go.

:)

J.R.

Forgot about the battery location for the TriStar in the rear, but the rest should be simular. Let us know how it all works out.

pbgbottle
03-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Bump an ancient thread .i am working on my hoses right now and am not sure on how exactly they all hook up .did you get it all figured out . also where does the blower mount on the tristar.

any updates or pics . i would love to figure out where they all route to.

cheers

a few pics can be seen here .
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=46227&highlight=intake+ducts