PDA

View Full Version : Spare Tire Mount on Trailer

KBryant2007
03-23-2007, 12:16 AM
I noticed when I was loading my new 2005 Prostar 209 last weekend that the factory installed spare tire mount on the trailer sits about 1/2" from the boat when on the trailer. When loading the tire rubbed the boat and left black marks (fortunately, I waxed it off), but it would be much better if the tire was about 1-2 inches further out. Has anyone been able to put spacers behind the tire to push it out from the boat. Any ideas would be helpful.:) :steering:

erkoehler
03-23-2007, 01:48 AM
The only solution I have found to not getting those spare tire marks on the boat is keeping the trailer out of the water just a bit farther when your loading.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Do you mean like this....;) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-GMC-6-Lug-Wheel-Spacers-Adapters-W-Lugs-2-2-Pc_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42614QQitemZ22009185 7475QQrdZ1)

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, I don't recall which bolt pattern they are.

jrhollow
03-23-2007, 09:47 AM
I took a few washers and put them on the top bolt, which tips the top of the tire. Before this I added the washers I had less than an 1/4" gap between the tire and boat.

André
03-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Bump!
Just for your eyes pleasure Ric...:)
;)

Ric
03-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Bump!
Just for your eyes pleasure Ric...:)
;) you are correct sir, I missed this one completely

Have fun with that kbryant, my dealer put a 1/4" spacer plate between the bracket and the spare wheel on the top lugnut to cant the spare away from the boat a bit more... The tire will not mar the boat hull, but did knock my 197 rubrail out of it's groove a couple of times on my 05 trailer

André
03-24-2007, 10:55 AM
you are correct sir, I missed this one completely

Have fun with that, my dealer put a 1/4" spacer plate between the bracket and the spare wheel on the top lugnut to cant the spare away from the boat a bit more... The tire will not mar the boat hull, but did knock my rubrail out of it's groove a couple of times on my 05 trailer
I read somewhere you'been out.
How's the new trailer handling so far?
Just don't use that ramp with the magic sand and you'll be fine!8p
Skiing this week end?

Sodar
03-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Does anyone know what the hole pattern is for the new trailer wheels? I would like to buy a wheel spacer, even if I do not experience a problem with the tire hitting the boat, but rather just so I can get my hand between the tire and the boat to wash, wipe, wax, etc,,,,

Ric
03-24-2007, 10:59 AM
maybe skiing tomorrow
new trailer tows much better than the 05 and the bunks seem to be done right
I have yet to take comparative measurements to confirm what all was done, but I can see that the v rest at the front has a larger gap between and the main rails have a nice bevel to them. on and off right now is muuucch smoother and I'm so nervous about it failing that I'm overthinking it like an umpire from michigan... boat buddy engages quietly and off we go! Hope the bunk carpets hold up........ spare seems to be just about as close to the hull as the 05 iirc

André
03-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Does anyone know what the hole pattern is for the new trailer wheels? I would like to buy a wheel spacer, even if I do not experience a problem with the tire hitting the boat, but rather just so I can get my hand between the tire and the boat to wash, wipe, wax, etc,,,,
Have your salesmen install one free of charge before shipping!
Either free or out of his % $$$ from the sale!
Just an idea...:D
I really don't understand why is it mount so close to the hull,it's asking for troubles!:confused:

Sodar
03-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Have your salesmen install one free of charge before shipping!
Either free or out of his % $$$ from the sale!
Just an idea...:D
I really don't understand why is it mount so close to the hull,it's asking for troubles!:confused:

I have nickel and dimed my salesman so much, that I think he will tell me to F- off!!! LOL Right Erk!?!?!?

erkoehler
03-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I have nickel and dimed my salesman so much, that I think he will tell me to F- off!!! LOL Right Erk!?!?!?

Not exactly in those words, but pretty much.

TMCNo1
03-24-2007, 02:47 PM

5 on 4.5" dia. tandom axle and 6 on ? dia. for single axle, I don't know right off? SOMEONE answer, please! I have seen someone post the dia., but I don't remember, sorry.