PDA

View Full Version : Accessory Switches

Rich_G
03-22-2007, 03:45 PM
here are the 3 Accessory Switches in my 99 205V. The red LED's comes on, but as far as I know, they don't control anything. The stereo is independent of these. These are two-way ON/OFF switches.

I am ordering all my parts for a ballast system; 3 Fill Pumps, 3 Empty Pumps. I want to control all 6 pumps with 3 switches, each one being an ON/OFF/ON switch. I believe I can use SPDT; I did a very similar system in another boat.

It would be great if I replace the Access. Switches in the picture with Contura factory looking switches. No drilling and roto-zipping the side panel.

What are these connected to right now? Will I need more Accessory switches when I add WB Pro PP?

Cary K.
03-22-2007, 04:54 PM
You should be able to get factory 3 way switches, that are even marked for ballast. These were standard on my '01. You also shouldn't need any switches for PP, it is run through ignition power.

TMCNo1
03-22-2007, 05:19 PM
What are these connected to right now?

Probably the hot (+) side of the ignition switch or to a dedicated hot to the battery and a common ground (-). ICBW

SDAhockey21
03-22-2007, 05:45 PM
All the Acc switches wires are bundled up under the dash. They have both as hot and neutral wire for each switch. You could use these existing wires but you need to run more wire for a 3 way switch.

Rich_G
03-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys. The 3 Acc Switches are switched ON and the LED is ON in the pic, but the Ignition Key is OFF.

Electrical is not my forte. I had planned on running all new wiring to my new switch panel. Maybe I can use some of the existing wiring. I may have to post more pics and ask ?'s when I get to that point.

Is there any trick to getting behind that dash panel and taking the existing switches out? It is all enclosed right now.

SDAhockey21
03-22-2007, 06:55 PM
You shoudl be able to take off the panel under the dash. Post pics and I will tell you how..Im good at this stuff..

SDAhockey21
03-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Basically the first thing you need to do is get the 3 way switches. Most bilge switches are 3 way Man/off/auto. In your case it would be fill/off/drain.

kskib046
03-22-2007, 08:31 PM
if you use those places for ballast, where are you going to put the switches for shower, heater, and courtsey lights ? i put my ballast switches on the side pannel.

dash - pop-up the three black caps on the top of the pannel. remove the two screws underneath, by the steering wheel.