PDA

View Full Version : Cushion Bases

lawless1
03-22-2007, 12:37 PM
As stated in a previous post the seat cushions (along with a lot of other items) were missing on the MC that I recently purchased. I've ordered the original MC skins for the entire boat and am having an upholstery shop install most of the skins and rebuild the missing seat cushions.

Questions:

1. What type of plastic are the bases of the seat cushions made out of? Weight/thickness?

2. Where is the best place to purchase this material?

3. Are there air-holes in the cushion bases?

4. What is the weight/type of padding for the cushions?

I'm trying to bring the boat back to original. Its a 2000 MC MariStar 210 VRS.

Thanks again for the help.

Monte
03-22-2007, 01:08 PM
You may be better served to find a boat salvage operation. Since you have the skins, it really doesn't matter about the condition. I'm sure there are some out there with the specific parts you need. My opinion is that you are going to spend a whole lot more money on having them built than you would looking for some off a salvage boat.... As far as materials and cushions, the skin man should be able to figure that out based on the room he has to work with.. Hope that helps...

lawless1
03-22-2007, 01:29 PM
You may be better served to find a boat salvage operation. Since you have the skins, it really doesn't matter about the condition. I'm sure there are some out there with the specific parts you need. My opinion is that you are going to spend a whole lot more money on having them built than you would looking for some off a salvage boat.... As far as materials and cushions, the skin man should be able to figure that out based on the room he has to work with.. Hope that helps...

I haven't had much luck finding a salvage yard with a MC, let alone one with my boat - any suggestions or contact information for one? I also have a couple of missing pieces that MC doesn't carry anymore (the container under the starboard side rear passengers seat and the grab handles).

Monte
03-22-2007, 01:43 PM
I haven't had much luck finding a salvage yard with a MC, let alone one with my boat - any suggestions or contact information for one? I also have a couple of missing pieces that MC doesn't carry anymore (the container under the starboard side rear passengers seat and the grab handles).

This is just a start, but there are tons just like this....
http://www.salvagemarine.com/html/replacement_boat.html

east tx skier
03-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Your skin guy ought to be able to figure out the bases from the seams. As for the base material, they were molded plastic. You might try using that stuff they use to make those white plastic cutting boards. If it's too thin or not rigid enough, you could stack them. Only drawback is their weight, but I can't imagine they'd need to be terribly thick. Treated wood is another option, but I'd go with the plastic.

As for the foam, don't just go to the fabric store. It's pretty dense. If you've got any seats at all, a good automotive upholstery shop should be able to match the firmness.