PDA

View Full Version : Do You Wave?

Maristar210
03-21-2007, 10:26 PM

tex
03-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Always...followed by the #1 sign if you don't!

TMCNo1
03-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Anytime the boat is moving!

Maristar210
03-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Anytime the boat is moving!

Harold,

Come on....

You know your boat never sees the water. Why are you still in denial?8p

Leroy
03-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Never the Baja guys on my lake, but they only go once up and then back and full speed and that's a day for them.

PendO
03-21-2007, 10:41 PM
I don't wave to fishermen ... they are already pissed off when I ski past them at 6:00 to get the glass:)

dapicatti
03-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Always wave- especially to the fisherman. Why should they have all the good water?

dmayer84
03-21-2007, 10:53 PM
I'll wave to anyone, those fisherman just dont wave back, except for my old roomate. He just starts yellin at me for scaring the fish away.

Sodar
03-21-2007, 11:08 PM
You have got to wave to EVERYONE on the water... it is the most communal place it the world! Honestly, people walk right next to me on the sidewalk and I barely get a "Hi" out of them, but on the water it is a much more relaxed atmosphere, most people toss up a hand and even smile!!!

PendO
03-21-2007, 11:13 PM
there are way more wally's on motorcycles than on boats ... I pretty much wave to everyone on a motorcycle, but I only get about a 50/50 response ...

Mag_Red
03-21-2007, 11:20 PM
You have got to wave to EVERYONE on the water... it is the most communal place it the world! Honestly, people walk right next to me on the sidewalk and I barely get a "Hi" out of them, but on the water it is a much more relaxed atmosphere, most people toss up a hand and even smile!!!:wavey: :D <---Like this??

Sodar
03-21-2007, 11:26 PM
:wavey: :D <---Like this??
Very Good Mag!! Practice make perfect!!

TMCNo1
03-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Harold,

Come on....

I have already made reservations at "Rent-A-Wally" just outside Charlotte to rent a boat for Carolina Spring Madness. :D 8p :rolleyes:

Monte
03-21-2007, 11:34 PM
I have already made reservations at "Rent-A-Wally" just outside Charlotte to rent a boat for Carolina Spring Madness. :D 8p :rolleyes:

How many time do I have to tell you #1......... no Bayliners at CSM8p

I wave................. most of the time..............

JKTX21
03-22-2007, 12:54 AM
I always wave... but I make a special point to smile and wave at the fisherman! They outnumber the ski boats this time of year.

jimmer2880
03-22-2007, 05:57 AM
I always wave to other comp boat owners (regardless of brand). The rest usually don't understand why all these idiots are waiving to them :D

Ric
03-22-2007, 08:22 AM
oh ya, we do... even to nautique owners

TMCNo1
03-22-2007, 08:24 AM
I always wave to other comp boat owners (regardless of brand). The rest usually don't understand why all these idiots are waiving to them :D

You got that right, but at least WE made the effort to be nice! A wave and a smile doesn't cost you a thing! DE, DE, DE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ric
03-22-2007, 08:32 AM
stary, are yall getting the boating commercial on your tv in that region as well? the one where they wave all day in the car and nobody waves back but when out in the boat everyone waves back

chudson
03-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Wave to everyone that's close enough especially fisherman early in the morning!!!:wavey:

TX.X-30 fan
03-22-2007, 09:38 AM
We wave to most everyone, it pays off! Last summer heading in to baycliff marina on Travis guy waves and smiles we wave back, as we pass at 5mph notice his girl on the back deck sunbathing in the buff (on her back). :D :D

Wife proceeds to analyze the real or fake question. 8p

Mikey
03-22-2007, 09:38 AM
I like to be friendly and wave to everyone. You never know who you might need a tow from if you have unexpected mechanical failure. If you are rude and snob people they might be reluctant to help you out in time of need. I know I would. ;)

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-22-2007, 09:41 AM
I like to be friendly and wave to everyone. You never know who you might need a tow from if you have unexpected mechanical failure. If you are rude and snob people they might be reluctant to help you out in time of need. I know I would. ;)
TRU DAT! Its da Yooper way! Be nice to everyone, including Wallys! and Walleyes too!:D

03-22-2007, 09:43 AM
We wave to most everyone, it pays off! Last summer heading in to baycliff marina on Travis guy waves and smiles we wave back, as we pass at 5mph notice his girl on the back deck sunbathing in the buff (on her back). :D

Wife proceeds to analyze the real or fake question. 8p
I dont care....real or fake.....just tell me how to find that Lake!:D :cool:

RexDog1
03-22-2007, 09:44 AM
1 and 7……lol I always wave when I can :wavey:

east tx skier
03-22-2007, 09:58 AM
I checked "always wave." But there's no option excepting idiot boaters. Yeah, I saw Walleys, but that's a little broad. I wave at most of them, but the dangerous ones are excluded and get the cold shoulder. Brrrrrr

Monte
03-22-2007, 09:59 AM
The only time I do not wave is when I am holding my line, while pulling a slolom skier, and some jerk in a fishing boat wants to get into a cove by playing chicken thus making me get dangerously close to the bank, followed by a quick Left turn (by me) causing the skier to hang on for dear life... literally I missed the guy by 20 ft... And had full right of way.. I guess he was mad about being born, or was scared that that largemouth in the cove was going to die in the ten extra seconds it would have taken to let me hold my line. My skier even got back in the boat confused about his boating skills.....
I am not bitter though.....
Other than THAT I even smile when I wave.........................

TX.X-30 fan
03-22-2007, 10:01 AM
I dont care....real or fake.....just tell me how to find that Lake!:D :cool:

I'm with you UMP LOL 8p 8p

Mikey
03-22-2007, 10:20 AM
TRU DAT! Its da Yooper way! Be nice to everyone, including Wallys! and Walleyes too!:D

The last time I was home I drove through town and everyone waved to me like we were long lost buds. I had no idea who they were. That just doesnt happen down here.

Harvey
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Someone on my boat will waive to 90% of the people we see on the water. We waive to every boat on the river and much fewer on the WALLY covered lake. I have also noticed that I will waive more during the week on the lake than I do on the weekend.

I am starting to think that being a boater is not a given if you own a boat. You have to earn the title of boater. I proudly waive to boaters!

03-22-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm with you UMP LOL 8p 8p
Rock on my brutha!:toast: :headbang:

ssevcik
03-22-2007, 12:31 PM
I always wave, Oregon in the winter time. Dry suit, 15 fisherman, 1 wakeboarder. If i don't wake i will hear something like, "boy you have a pretty mouth oohhhhaa." Plus they have knifes mallats and guns on them!!!

Ric
03-22-2007, 12:31 PM
I dont care....real or fake.....just tell me how to find that Lake!:D :cool: it's on lake superior

Maristar210
03-22-2007, 12:36 PM
stary, are yall getting the boating commercial on your tv in that region as well? the one where they wave all day in the car and nobody waves back but when out in the boat everyone waves back

That's the one my brother. At least thats what got me thinking if it was regional or not. Another consideration was last week on naples hardly anyone waves to each other, or so it seemed to me at least. dunno?

03-22-2007, 01:08 PM
it's on lake superior
Riiiiiiiiight.

flyingskibiker
03-22-2007, 01:17 PM
i usually wave. but on the delta, it's more of a "do you see me" or "thanks for not being an idiot" kind of wave... 8p funny, back in the day, i remember exchanging waves with other camaro and jeep/willys owners. course, 98% of the drivers used their signals and there weren't any cell phones back then... :rolleyes: i'll wave at fellow bikers, too.

03-22-2007, 01:41 PM
i usually wave. but on the delta, it's more of a "do you see me" or "thanks for not being an idiot" kind of wave... 8p funny, back in the day, i remember exchanging waves with other camaro and jeep/willys owners. course, 98% of the drivers used their signals and there weren't any cell phones back then... :rolleyes: i'll wave at fellow bikers, too.
Cool how can imply emotions in your wave. Kinda like how you can express emotion with one word, such as "dude".

like this:

Dude... Translation: hey, hand me that screwdriver

DUDE!!!!!! Translation: I havent seen you in 2 years!!!!

Duuuuuuuude Translation: You TOTALLY messed that up!

....dude... Translation: Check it out!! hot chick at 2:00

....Dude????? Translation: Are you hiding in the closet with a knife?

Maristar210
03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
UMP The men in the White coats should be there anytime, just hang on....bite down on a month old pasty if you have to but hold on:D

pram
03-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Wave unless I am totally absorbed in pulling the skier. If sitting or cruising the arm is up spreading the love.

Last year we had a lovely lady waving to us san top also. Nice very nice.

Yah hear that Ump, come to the Okanagan and you get scenery also....

Monte
03-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Last year we had a lovely lady waving to us san top also. Nice very nice.

Yah hear that Ump, come to the Okanagan and you get scenery also....

For sure.......... a time to wave:D

sassydog
03-22-2007, 06:22 PM
my wave is more like a toast, seeing as how my free hand i'd wave with is almost always holding a beer.

03-22-2007, 07:08 PM
UMP The men in the White coats should be there anytime, just hang on....bite down on a month old pasty if you have to but hold on:D
Whaddaya mean Staristar? I didnt order any pizza or call the plumber.......:confused: why is there a white van in front of the house?

This is like the beginning of a spooky movie:(

TMCNo1
03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Whaddaya mean Staristar? I didnt order any pizza or call the plumber.......:confused: why is there a white van in front of the house?

This is like the beginning of a spooky movie:(
They're coming to take you away, Ho, Ho, He, He, Ha, Ha, to the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time and them cute little men in their clean white suits, the're coming to take you away.........................and the pastie is to keep you from swallowing your tongue!

Maristar210
03-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Harold,

I just used steel wool on my teak, did you feel that?

roddydog
03-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Sorry but.................

Where is..............................................

NO:mad:

03-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Harold,

I just used steel wool on my teak, did you feel that?
Far out! Technology is something, isnt it?

Chief
03-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Yepper, boaters are nice people when underway, but boy the boat ramp brings out the best in people..........................

03-22-2007, 10:32 PM
They're coming to take you away, Ho, Ho, He, He, Ha, Ha, to the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time and them cute little men in their clean white suits, the're coming to take you away.........................and the pastie is to keep you from swallowing your tongue!
Hey, this is a good pastie! Wait a minute, ALL pasties are good.

Hoosier Bob
03-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Our ramp is set up to launch three. The guide will always ask me if I mind dropping in the middle. I always say no and move around all others. I am still amazed at how many people give dirty looks, say some things like I am impatient or what have you. I would pull my gun but I just look at them and say, "Let that fat B**** get that sideways POS on your rusted out POS trailer and then please allow me the privelidge to beat you senseless! Why waste a bullet when I can taste every blow? Stupid M***** ******! Actually I am much more passive. I think I may write a movie. A 30 minute feature titled "SNAP!":o

sully
03-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Always try especially fellow inborders. All Manufactures welcome!!

03-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Our ramp is set up to launch three. The guide will always ask me if I mind dropping in the middle. I always say no and move around all others. I am still amazed at how many people give dirty looks, say some things like I am impatient or what have you. I would pull my gun but I just look at them and say, "Let that fat B**** get that sideways POS on your rusted out POS trailer and then please allow me the privelidge to beat you senseless! Why waste a bullet when I can taste every blow? Stupid M***** ******! Actually I am much more passive. I think I may write a movie. A 30 minute feature titled "SNAP!":o
Thats poetry in motion HB! I knew you were a master of the arts.

onlyinboards
03-23-2007, 09:53 AM
I always wave, especially at our lake's "rent a cop" who NEVER waves back. Now, i just do it every time to piss him off.

Monte
03-23-2007, 09:59 AM
I always wave, especially at our lake's "rent a cop" who NEVER waves back. Now, i just do it every time to piss him off.

You don't think he has a complex do you?:confused:

Maristar210
07-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I always liked this one. Hell I started it :D

SkiDog
07-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Harold,

Come on....

OH yes he does, here's proof! I think this is the ONLY time though!:D

Sodar
07-23-2007, 04:41 PM
OH yes he does, here's proof! I think this is the ONLY time though!:D

WOW!!!

TMCNo1
07-23-2007, 07:03 PM
WOW!!!

That's just the Mrs. putting her in the bed after 31 hours in the water!:eek:

Maristar210
07-23-2007, 09:29 PM

Right before it rains if I recall 8p

TMCNo1
07-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Right before it rains if I recall 8p

You got that right, but in rained in/on it Friday night, but we had to load up sooner or later, so!:rolleyes:
Someday I hope to have the opportunity to tell you the whole thunderstorm story!

2RLAKE
07-23-2007, 09:46 PM
always wave ... you never know who you'll meet...

fintek9
07-23-2007, 09:52 PM
On our lake it's mostly BU's all around, I've been making a point to greet them all so now they will wave! but this Nautique makes a point of doing the drop the lighter trick. He's got a nice newer boat, can't see why he does it..( Yea I can) my MC just looks better!!! sorry dude.
but got a beer for ya when you do!!!!

Monte
07-23-2007, 11:29 PM

I can testify!!;)

tex
07-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Fin,

What's the drop the lighter trick? Ask him how his SN looks in 10 years compared to your MC!

mtnsun
07-23-2007, 11:34 PM
I even wave as I am standing on the swim platform takin care of buisness! I do get some strange looks! (as I wave!)

fintek9
07-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Fin,

What's the drop the lighter trick? Ask him how his SN looks in 10 years compared to your MC!
You know, you pretend that you drop a lighter on the floor, you bend over to pick it up so you don't have to make eye contact and by that time you are past that person....

And true, he BEACHES his boat, no lift, no dock, no cover don't get it?
hellof a house, get a pic for ya!

TMCNo1
07-24-2007, 06:25 AM
You know, you pretend that you drop a lighter on the floor, you bend over to pick it up so you don't have to make eye contact and by that time you are past that person....

And true, he BEACHES his boat, no lift, no dock, no cover don't get it?
hellof a house, get a pic for ya!

I know him!
He's the one who buys a cheap new V6 Mustang Convertible for $24K, thinks it's a hot rod and keeps it in his basement, top up, detailed, covered up, drives it one Sunday a month and in the Xmas parade, yet buys a $80K MasterCraft, parks it in the driveway under the trees with no cover, cause it too much trouble to put on, for the sun to burn up, rain, sleet, snow and leaves to fall in, squirrels to play in and build nests in. The upholstery rots and spots after one year, still has fenders hanging off both sides, the prop and shaft is bent after he or his 13 y/o son has hit the bottom 11 times, the fuel pump is burnt up for running it empty, still has the break-in oil in the engine with 112 hours on the boat, the waterpump impeller is toast and the engine overheats. Then he forgets to pull the bottom plug and the bilge is full of water, everything is rusting, the starter has chocolate pudding inside. His trailer wiring is ripped out, brakes don't work, each wheel is missing 2 lugnuts/studs, tires have 20 lbs. of air in them, Boat Buddy is smashed, trailer tongue is bent, winch has a ski rope on it instead of a strap. Then he comes on here and gripes about his MC being a POS and wants us to answer his Dufus questions, advise him, begs someone to volunteer to come to his mansion on the lake with the needed parts to work on his boat, because he says his dealer is 30 minutes away and he hasn't got time or the money to it take it and get 1 minor warranty problem cured that he discoverd shortly after he took delivery of the boat. Give me a freaking break!
:rant: Rant over, sorry!

sizzler
07-24-2007, 06:59 AM
wow...............................

beatle78
07-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Always wave.... I don't care if you're mad or not.... I wave no matter what.....

I'm also the debt collector for the lake, so I have to smile even when I don't want to.

fintek9
07-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Yep #1 thats him!

Maristar210
07-24-2007, 01:08 PM
[/COLOR]

I know him!
He's the one who buys a cheap new V6 Mustang Convertible for $24K, thinks it's a hot rod and keeps it in his basement, top up, detailed, covered up, drives it one Sunday a month and in the Xmas parade, yet buys a $80K MasterCraft, parks it in the driveway under the trees with no cover, cause it too much trouble to put on, for the sun to burn up, rain, sleet, snow and leaves to fall in, squirrels to play in and build nests in. The upholstery rots and spots after one year, still has fenders hanging off both sides, the prop and shaft is bent after he or his 13 y/o son has hit the bottom 11 times, the fuel pump is burnt up for running it empty, still has the break-in oil in the engine with 112 hours on the boat, the waterpump impeller is toast and the engine overheats. Then he forgets to pull the bottom plug and the bilge is full of water, everything is rusting, the starter has chocolate pudding inside. His trailer wiring is ripped out, brakes don't work, each wheel is missing 2 lugnuts/studs, tires have 20 lbs. of air in them, Boat Buddy is smashed, trailer tongue is bent, winch has a ski rope on it instead of a strap. Then he comes on here and gripes about his MC being a POS and wants us to answer his Dufus questions, advise him, begs someone to volunteer to come to his mansion on the lake with the needed parts to work on his boat, because he says his dealer is 30 minutes away and he hasn't got time or the money to it take it and get 1 minor warranty problem cured that he discoverd shortly after he took delivery of the boat. Give me a freaking break!
:rant: Rant over, sorry!

Good One TMC !!!!!