PDA

View Full Version : Impeller

Jimperry
03-20-2007, 05:57 PM
I need to order a new impeller for my 2000 PS 190 which has the standard 310 hp Preditor engine. Can you please give me the model number of the impeller I need and a good place to order one from?

Thanks!

dmayer84
03-20-2007, 05:59 PM
http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RP061018

Jimperry
03-20-2007, 06:09 PM
The order form asks for marinization and transmission type. Do you know which one would be standard with the Preditor 5.7L?

Jim@BAWS
03-20-2007, 06:10 PM
$29.95 + shipping

Jim at Bay Area WaterSports Tampa
(813) 996 2297

www.bayareawatersports.com

Thanks

TMCNo1
03-20-2007, 06:13 PM
The order form asks for marinization and transmission type. Do you know which one would be standard with the Preditor 5.7L?

Indmar is the marinization company. If you need to call Skidim @ 1-803-345-0996 and talk to Vince or Richard or one of their excellant staff of CS people, they know what you need. Other than that, contact a MC dealer.

Jim@BAWS
03-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Indmar is the marinization company. If you need to call 1-803-345-0996 and talk to Vince or Richard or one of their excellant staff of CS people, they know what you need. Other than that, contact a MC dealer.

Tell me why a MASTERCRAFT dealer is of last resort vs. calling Indmar first. Indmar is a distributer...they do not sell to the public. That is why there are dealers out there to help customers.

TMCNo1
03-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Tell me why a MASTERCRAFT dealer is of last resort vs. calling Indmar first. Indmar is a distributer...they do not sell to the public. That is why there are dealers out there to help customers.
Indmar was the marinization company answer to a question he had, second I didn't include SKIDIM in the second sentence, therefore accidently indicating Indmar as the place to get the part. Sorry, I edited my post. Unfortunately both you and I were responding at the same time according to the time of the post.
It just happened that way in a attempt to answer the gentleman's question. It will not happen again! I will let you answer all replacement parts questions yourself by refering them to you or by you answering the questions before anyone else can. Please accept my sincerest apology for treading on such sacred ground.

atlfootr
03-21-2007, 12:06 PM
hey hey hey, easy now :o down boys down 8p

JohnnyB
03-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Threadjack.....

Rob, nice avetar! Local place?

Engine Nut
03-23-2007, 11:14 AM

I agree with Jim. The dealers should be the best equipped to answer these types of questions ... especially the excellent dealers who regularly monitor TMC. Don't get me wrong, we are happy to answer questions for our customers, but we are not able to sell parts directly and would have to refer you back to a dealer anyway.

Indmar strongly supports the MasterCraft dealer network and encourages the TMC members to do the same.

Engine Nut

TMCNo1
03-23-2007, 12:49 PM
I agree with Jim. The dealers should be the best equipped to answer these types of questions ... especially the excellent dealers who regularly monitor TMC. Don't get me wrong, we are happy to answer questions for our customers, but we are not able to sell parts directly and would have to refer you back to a dealer anyway.

Indmar strongly supports the MasterCraft dealer network and encourages the TMC members to do the same.

Engine Nut
Sorry for the misunderstanding that Indmar sells parts to and answers questions from owners. I responded to post #3 in post #5 then explained my correction in post #7. My omission of Skidim in the second sentance in Post 5 probably threw Jim@Baws off. Sorry!

Workin' 4 Toys
03-23-2007, 02:29 PM
2000 PS 190 standard 310 hp Preditor. Can you please give me the model number of the impeller ?
All this excitement here, and noone answered the important question....:rolleyes:

Sorry Jimperry, I wish I had that info available here..

TMCNo1
03-23-2007, 02:38 PM
All this excitement here, and noone answered the important question....:rolleyes:

Sorry Jimperry, I wish I had that info available here..

Post #4 gave him everything but the part #. Post #3 says something, I wish I could help!

Engine Nut
03-23-2007, 03:02 PM
The Indmar part number for the impeller is S685007 and the impeller gasket is S685008. Most MastCraft/Indmar/Malibu/Supra/Moomba dealers would have them in stock.

Engine Nut

PendO
03-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Indmar was the marinization company answer to a question he had, second I didn't include SKIDIM in the second sentence, therefore accidently indicating Indmar as the place to get the part. Sorry, I edited my post. Unfortunately both you and I were responding at the same time according to the time of the post.
It just happened that way in a attempt to answer the gentleman's question. It will not happen again! I will let you answer all replacement parts questions yourself by refering them to you or by you answering the questions before anyone else can. Please accept my sincerest apology for treading on such sacred ground.

Harold - you da Man!

Ric
03-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Tell me why a MASTERCRAFT dealer is of last resort vs. calling Indmar first. Indmar is a distributer...they do not sell to the public. That is why there are dealers out there to help customers. Welcome JimPerry
call your dealer for that part

Workin' 4 Toys
03-24-2007, 03:12 PM
The Indmar part number for the impeller is S685007 and the impeller gasket is S685008. Most MastCraft/Indmar/Malibu/Supra/Moomba dealers would have them in stock.

Engine Nut
"Everything" else he asked for initially....^^^^^^:cool:
Post #4 gave him everything but the part #.

TMCNo1
03-24-2007, 04:14 PM
I sure am glad that's over with!
Basically, a Indmar employee answered the question!:confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
03-24-2007, 04:18 PM
I sure am glad that's over with!
Basically, a Indmar employee answered the question!:confused: :rolleyes: :cool:
:purplaugh Me too.
I would have given the part number from my owners/maintenance manual if "it" was listed in there... You have included 5 images in your message. You are limited to using 4 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again. Insert winking smilie here....

TMCNo1
03-24-2007, 07:14 PM
I know I do stupid things, but, (1) spare in the boat, another spare at home, part #'s written in my owners manual 17 years ago, invoices/packing lists of all purchases, so.............................I dunno!

bigmac
03-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm confused by all the brouhaha here over an impeller...:confused:

I thought virtually all 350 Indmars used the ol' Johnson 812 impeller going back to the late 80's. Maybe I didn't think it through properly (although I've always ended up with the right impeller) but when I saw at SkiDim that that that impeller was for all 350 Indmars and all MasterCrafts from 86/87 to present, I figured I was good to go. I have bought impellers from my dealer (although he's more expensive) but I prefer SkiDim because they always provide a nice little packet of super-secret impeller lube stapled to the blister pak.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-24-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm confused by all the brouhaha here over an impeller...:confused:
I'd toss in a plug for Amsoil...But I felt even that would have been a major upset to this thread....;) Come to think of it, we could threadjack and talk about which lubricants can be detrimental to the rubber of said impeller.....:rolleyes:

atlfootr
03-24-2007, 09:45 PM
I'd toss in a plug for Amsoil...But I felt even that would have been a major upset to this thread....;)
Come to think of it, we could threadjack and talk about which lubricants can be detrimental to the rubber of said impeller.....:rolleyes:Here, I'll help ya out ...

Workin' 4 Toys
03-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Here, I'll help ya out ...
uh.......:confused: .Thanks....:confused:

atlfootr
03-24-2007, 09:53 PM
So ya don't threadjack, you can now respond to my new thread :D