PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Towns !!!

chudson
03-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Click on the site scroll down to your state.

http://theshadowlands.net/places/

:eek3: :eek3:

My hometown:

Urbana - Clements Cemetery - Formerly listed as Woodlawn Cemetery- Legend states that the road beside Woodlawn Cemetery is haunted by a ghost that locals call "The Blue Man." Witnesses have seen him walking the road, swinging a lantern from side to side. Most of the sightings seem to occur at twilight.

Urbana - Urbana High School - It is said that the ghosts of a student and a teacher haunt the fourth floor of this building, supposedly they were involved and the husband of the teacher found out and ended the relationship, the two lovers in a final act of undying love hung themselves together. It is also said that there is a wall in one of the boarded up classrooms that will always leak red paint/blood? The wall has been painted twice every year and has never failed to leak the mysterious red substance. There are also sightings of strange lights in the fourth floor tower after hours at the school. The fourth floor has been boarded up and students and staff are not allowed access, excepting some janitors that use the floor for storage.

betsy&david Harrison
03-20-2007, 02:16 PM
old town area of Ventura, Ca is haunted...not on the list though

Monte
03-20-2007, 02:34 PM
RexDog's House is haunted too............

east tx skier
03-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Awesome website.

"Austin - Driskill Hotel - people claim that they hear people playing upstairs. They also claim that they feel something touching their face and arms. Some people even say that they see figures in their windows and sitting in chairs. On the 3rd floor of the Driskill Hotel in one of the hallways there is a painting of a little girl holding flowers, witnesses report when they all looked at the picture a weird sensation came over them. It was like something was lifting up the heels of their feet. It was like a tingling sensation. Causing their equilibrium to be off for the next few hours."

This is where we spent our wedding night. We had a balcony off our room and could have sworn that the rocking chairs on the balcony were always rocking. Fortunately, they didn't come a knockin'.

TMCNo1
03-20-2007, 02:46 PM
In Winston Salem, NC they tell of the guy who jumped off the old Wachovia Building. It actually happened in the early 70's and his last name was Pollard, we all called him Orville Pollard, as in Orville Wright, becaused he loved to fly! When he hit the street, one of his tennis shoes actually bounced 3 blocks West of the crash site.

TMCNo1
03-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Awesome website.

"Austin - Driskill Hotel - people claim that they hear people playing upstairs. They also claim that they feel something touching their face and arms. Some people even say that they see figures in their windows and sitting in chairs. On the 3rd floor of the Driskill Hotel in one of the hallways there is a painting of a little girl holding flowers, witnesses report when they all looked at the picture a weird sensation came over them. It was like something was lifting up the heels of their feet. It was like a tingling sensation. Causing their equilibrium to be off for the next few hours."

This is where we spent our wedding night. We had a balcony off our room and could have sworn that the rocking chairs on the balcony were always rocking. Fortunately, they didn't come a knockin'.

So that was the real reason your wife was screaming!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
03-20-2007, 02:49 PM
RexDog's House is haunted too............

It's not on the list, BUT IT WILL BE!!!!!!

Mikey
03-20-2007, 03:25 PM
I saw the article in there about "the paulding light" in Paulding, MI. Although the article on the website is not entirely acurate. Ive been there many times and to this day it still makes me wonder what the hell it is. It has also been featured on Unsolved Mysteries TV show.

Hey Datdude, have you been there or heard of it? Its just off the side of the the highway a few miles past Watersmeet.

Monte
03-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Never heard about this guy, less than 1 mi from the house.. Wife drives through the intersection four times a day...

Kings Mountain - Oak Grove - during the time of the revolutionary war a tavern was located at a crossroads' now the intersection of Oak Grove and Stoney Point roads, the legend is that a British soldier carrying stolen plans was in route to warn the British as he stopped at the tavern for a rest he was identified as a Brit and killed by the inn keeper, and on moonlit nights you can see him at the crossroads, he always looks confused, as you try to approach he disappears.

RexDog1
03-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Why am I not surprised :noface: :eek3:

Yorba Linda - The Yorba Family Cemetery - haunted by "The Pink Lady." The origin of the pink lady is somewhat a mystery, but she appears on the night of June 15 every other year. On these occasions, curious locals can often be found keeping watch around the cemetery, hoping to catch a glimpse of her. There is a story about her death. On prom night, her and her boyfriend were on they're way to the dance, on Orangethorpe St. her boyfriend pushed her out of their carriage and onto the train tracks, where she was killed by an on coming train. The reason people call her "the pink lady" is because she was wearing a pink dress on the night of her death. if you want to know more about her, just go to the Yorba Linda library and look in the old newspaper section.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_229.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

Ric
03-20-2007, 05:09 PM
I will haunt you all one day, think about that tmc members..... Have a nice night

TMCNo1
03-20-2007, 05:38 PM
I will haunt you all one day, think about that tmc members..... Have a nice night

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Ric is this your haunted toilet?http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/zip/296081612.html

SKI*MC
03-20-2007, 11:03 PM
one boring night my friends and i have driven to this place and experienced all of this, except for seeing the dead racoon We even went into the woods on the left, not knowing that we weren't supposed to. haha whoops.

Jefferson - Paradise Road - Witnesses report feeling an eerie presence. They have heard inhuman screams, seen short, robed shapes in the woods, and have even seen a raccoon, decapitated, with blood glistening in the headlights, but no blood on the road and no head anywhere in sight. Location is on Paradise Road, a right turn shortly after you pass Saint Colletta's. Advice is to STAY OUT OF THE WOODS ON THE LEFT-HAND SIDE.

atlfootr
03-21-2007, 09:54 AM
here's what's said about the town were we live ...
I'll personally confirm what accounts I can and report back to you, boo!

Winter Haven - JPV Woods - Every 13th of August it is said that when you go into the woods and walk along the old dirt trail, about 11:30 to 12:30 you can hear children screaming and crying for help and the little hairs on the back of your neck will rise without intention. -
January 2007 Update: was torn down early 2006.

Winter Haven - Scotty's Distribution Center - There was said to be a man of Brian Foreman who once worked there as a forklift driver. Workers say that his head was completely amputated by a forklift because of the mistake done by a trainee. The trainee continued to work there but mysteriously disappeared. It is said that you can see a headless man driving a forklift every 4th of March.

Scotty's, Inc.
Address: 5300 N. Recker Highway, Winter Haven, Florida 33882,

Scotty's, Inc. is a large hardware store chain, operating almost exclusively in Florida.
It is one of the largest building supplies retailers in the country and in Florida, other than Home Depot.

JohnnyB
03-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Don't know if this one counts, I was there on Monday...:D

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=TheHauntedMansionAttractionPag e