PDA

View Full Version : I used to hate the ice

phecksel
03-20-2007, 01:17 PM
But look what I saw Sunday!!!

http://www.hecksel.com/images/nikon%20cafe/DSC_9959.jpg

Right off the end of my dock! I looked like a keystone cop episode running for the doorwall dropping lens caps, hoods, trying to get the camera turned on, and unfortunately in "auto" mode.

mitch
03-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Great shot!

Maristar210
03-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Great shot Phecksel,

You and that camera are really getting to know each other.

I would be submitting that photo to Michigan Out of Doors and perhaps some others as well. That is truly rare to see a Bald Eagle in action like that. Great shot !!!!!

JimN
03-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Why do they always seem to get the good trout?

Rapunzl
03-20-2007, 01:56 PM
That is an awesome photo, Phecksel! Definitely a Kodak moment...one that you don't always get a chance to see.

Danimal
03-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Great shot! It looks like he has a small Northern Pike.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-20-2007, 03:10 PM
That is truly rare to see a Bald Eagle in action like that. Great shot !!!!!
Not in da UP Staristar! Actually we see that up here on a regular basis if your on the water. Now capturing it on film is another story. You need to be a decent photographer with a good camera to get a good picture. GREAT PICTURE PHEKSEL!!!!:)

My parents have an eagle nest in a big tree in their front yard. Its a blast to sit out there and watch them teach their young to hunt for fish in front of the house. Those young eagles are kinda slow and clumbsy, and the seagulls tend to really try to mess with them, that is until Mother Eagle or Father Eagle show up!:cool: The seaguls get absent really quick when the adults show up to put the run on them. :D They never learn......

Eagles are so much fun to watch. They hunt out right in front on the lake, swoop down and grab fish just like that. My mom and dad see it quite often. They see alot of wildlife there. deer in the front yard everynight trying to eat the bird seed in the bird feeder:rolleyes: an occasional red fox, lots of various species of birds, a rare raccoon, and my mom saw a big cougar stroll across the front yard while she was sewing one day. he was on the prowl for food. cool stuff!

ProTour X9
03-20-2007, 03:23 PM
I have only seen something like that once, the exact same thing: eagle comes gets a fish, and leaves. Great picture!

phecksel
03-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Great shot Phecksel,

You and that camera are really getting to know each other.

I would be submitting that photo to Michigan Out of Doors and perhaps some others as well. That is truly rare to see a Bald Eagle in action like that. Great shot !!!!!

Thank you to everybody. Yea, getting pretty good with the camera, the local paper is joking about just giving me a page...if I could only get paid for the pics. Before I hear about taking money away from pros, It would be unethical for me to take money from this publication. Tried to sell to the other two local papers, and they both cried poor, and I do actually believe them. Three local papers for this small community boggles my mind.

This picture is not quite good enough to print....yet. I've requested some expert help to see if I can fix the picture. I would kill for another opportunity to shoot that pic in something other then auto mode! But, that is probably a once in a lifetime shot!

03-20-2007, 11:36 PM
This picture is not quite good enough to print....yet. I've requested some expert help to see if I can fix the picture. I would kill for another opportunity to shoot that pic in something other then auto mode! But, that is probably a once in a lifetime shot!
well in that case, a 12 gauge and a good taxidermist should be able to make that "once in a lifetime" chance happen again!8p

Hoosier Bob
03-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Believe it or not we have problems with crows here as well! NICE SHOT! Once in a lifetime wuld be my guess! I saw the same thing here last year but even wierder! An Osprey in my back yard! Why and how I do not know but I know what I saw and I think I may have been sober!:o

03-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Believe it or not we have problems with crows here as well! NICE SHOT! Once in a lifetime wuld be my guess! I saw the same thing here last year but even wierder! An Osprey in my back yard! Why and how I do not know but I know what I saw and I think I may have been sober!:o
You sure it wasnt Skidog's Peacock?:confused:

JimN
03-21-2007, 01:22 AM
phecksel- Save a copy of the file and use the 'unsharp mask' tool. Yo can adjust how much effect you want from it and it can make things pop when they weren't originally tack sharp.

atlfootr
03-21-2007, 10:20 AM
I would kill for another opportunity to shoot that pic in something other then auto mode!
But, that is probably a once in a lifetime shot!Agreed, a picture like this is only seen in National Geographic Magazines.

AWESOME SHOT :toast:

phecksel
03-21-2007, 12:24 PM
phecksel- Save a copy of the file and use the 'unsharp mask' tool. Yo can adjust how much effect you want from it and it can make things pop when they weren't originally tack sharp.
that picture is WB, cropped, USM, and adjusted curves.

USM is a digital cameras friend

Monte
03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Nice shot phecksel...

cbryan70
03-21-2007, 03:24 PM
ohhh i know what else goes on in the UP my buddy just sent me a video of them shooting a propane tank....talk about a big fireball!! Yoopers!! :-)

03-21-2007, 03:31 PM
ohhh i know what else goes on in the UP my buddy just sent me a video of them shooting a propane tank....talk about a big fireball!! Yoopers!! :-)
hey, I had a buddy that did that way back in High School. He also blew up a old junk car with some dynamite for fun one day. dumb teens. :rolleyes:

Monte
03-21-2007, 04:13 PM
hey, I had a buddy that did that way back in High School. He also blew up a old junk car with some dynamite for fun one day. dumb teens. :rolleyes:

I bet he smoked cigarettes and wore a leather jacket:rolleyes:
Threadjack over

03-21-2007, 06:01 PM
I bet he smoked cigarettes and wore a leather jacket:rolleyes:
Threadjack over
OOOOOOO! YOUR Sharp Monte!:D

phecksel
03-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Nice shot phecksel...

thank you.