PDA

View Full Version : PS 205V engine divider support DIY...

P-hat_in_Cincy
03-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Hello all!
At the end of last season I discovered (by the melt mark) that my rear ballast sacs caused my engine dividers to push against my manifolds. Not only do I not want that stress on my exhaust manifolds, I don't want my divider walls to continue to melt. So...I did something about it.

To check out the DIY thread, go...HERE! (http://www.wakesiderides.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18468)

BearX1
03-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Hey Paul, Well done! looks like a real clean install. Have you gotten out to test it yet?

I'm Barrett from WW, and received a lot of advice from you. I got the bow and v-drive sacs installed on my X1, and commensed to beach it on the first test run. . . so still haven't got to try the new ballast system. Do you think there will be a problem with the 400# sacs, causing the divider panels to press against the manifold? As I recall, you have the 750#'ers.

Cheers.

P-hat_in_Cincy
03-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Hope you didn't do any damage beaching it!?!?

I typically run ~300-500lbs in each of my sacs. Although both walls were bowed inward, the side we surfed on was the side that started to melt. At minimum, if you added a floor support for the bottom of the divider wall you'd be helping your situation.

No chance to get out yet. MAYBE this weekend but the OH river was running high and laden with debris, so I don't know what that means for the lakes around here.