PDA

View Full Version : Job in Wales

Leroy
01-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Following Neils steps. So out of the blue, today I was offered a job in Wales, Llantrisant-Cardiff for you Sizzler. Any good lakes around there? Looks like just cold saltwater.

Would love to take the job, but want to stay in Indy and commute. Doesn't seem so bad after commuting to CA for the past 1 1/2 yrs and my potential new boss said it could be worked out. I don't want to move with two high school age sons (16 and 14 yr). After two years in Belgium already the kids just want to stay put. Anyone else travel near there? I really haven't traveled much in the UK.

sizzler
01-18-2005, 03:14 AM
leroy......plenty of saltwater inlets that get quite smooth in the morning and the early evening....but the best bet would be to go Llangorse lake in the brecon beacons,which is about 30 miles north of cardiff.they have holiday homes/caravans for rental..the lake opens in march and shuts in november i recall.....i took my barefoot 200 there about 10 years ago for a week and it was great......friendly locals (sometimes) and quaint villages,it really is picturesque.......

try this http://www.lakeside.zx3.net/

André
01-18-2005, 07:01 AM
Leroy
You Too??? How often would you commute from Indy to Wales ? Same company?
Decisions ,decisions...

Farmer Ted
01-18-2005, 07:07 AM
You know if you move you'll be obligated to change your Team MC handle to "Sheep Shagger"

You commute to CA from Indy? You must have some FF mile racked up.

bradamerry
01-18-2005, 07:51 AM
You know if you move you'll be obligated to change your Team MC handle to "Sheep Shagger"

You commute to CA from Indy? You must have some FF mile racked up.

You must have gotten lucky this weekend. Shagger, damn Powers.

Leroy
01-18-2005, 08:17 AM
André; It is with the same company, I don't seem to be able to keep a position more than couple of years ;) , been that way for 21 years now. Travel still needs to be discussed, but said living in Indy wouldn't be a problem, I'm guessing once or twice a month there. From UK/Europe you can leave Sunday night and be there Monday AM, and work through noon Friday and be home Friday ~6pm normally.

FT; Yes, easily platinium on NWA, but the only perk I see is always get automatically upgraded to 1st class and that beautiful view of the Grand Canyon and Lake Tahoe from the air, 4 times a month :) .
I like that Sheep Shagger! I had to pull out the map to find Wales and the town, don't know anything about the place.

sizzler
01-18-2005, 08:26 AM
leroy....flying into heathrow leaves you with a 2hr transfer to cardiff..
the welsh enjoy their rugby,beer and singing and fighting with the english whenever we have golf weekends away there!!!

they are the true ancient brits,as they were the only ones to run away when the romans invaded........

you can always come and ski with me ....i'm about 2 1/2 hrs from cardiff

milkmania
01-18-2005, 08:28 AM
oh man!
when I saw Carmel......

I was thinking California:o

jj209
01-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Leroy -

I was stationed in England for a year in the early 90's and loved it. Granted I didn't do much traveling, we did make it to Wales..........beautiful. The history, architecture and friendly locals will blow you away. We lived in a British community while there and the people and neighborhood were as friendly as any I have lived in, in the states. Have you checked on the commute times? If I remember correctly it was an 11-13 hr plane ride from Philly to Heathrow.

Good Luck!!

Leroy
01-20-2005, 08:29 AM
That's funny Sizzler, the Roman's were bad boys back then. Belgium still has Roman ruins around also. I'll probably be over there week after next. Will confirm the travel time JJ!