PDA

View Full Version : lastest WS Mag

rodltg2
03-19-2007, 01:30 PM
anyone read the " how to cut 100K from your ski budget" article. dumbest thing ive read in the magazine. are they stugglin to fill the pages??

loeweb
03-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Haven't got mine yet, but I have been thinking that for a while. Way too many ads, not enough reading. I would love to see more boat care and maintenance like what we all can read about on here. Tell all the readers how to preserve their swim deck, install electronics, and even clean the carpet before and after the season. I do love their training pieces each month, but there could be more of it too I think.

River Rat
03-19-2007, 02:09 PM
I started reading it but quickly gave it up:(

Sodar
03-19-2007, 02:21 PM
I must say that WaterSki has been slipping, or I am just too informed to read anything interesting?? I thought it was really cool back in the day when they had "Rig of the Month." I have always liked the "create your own lake" segments, the training and tips sections are useful, and i like the new "Inboard Section" but for the majority of the magazine, it seems to be slipping away...

ski_king
03-19-2007, 02:54 PM
The articles are useless for the most part.
How many times can they write a article on how to this or how to that.

I only get the magazine to read the ads and I am glad I get 2 copies of it (one for work and one for home) at no charge. (thanks Farmer!)

It would be nice if a new magazine came out and gave them a run for there money, I may even be willing to pay for it.

betsy&david Harrison
03-19-2007, 03:02 PM
I miss Chris Sullivan's antics

Toober Tom
03-19-2007, 03:09 PM
It does come in handy in the outhouse, especially the bu ads.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-19-2007, 03:33 PM

Kinda reminds me of what George Carlin said about "Walking Magazine". He said "hey look, the new WALKING is out on the news stands! Here's an intesting article: Putting one foot in front of the other":uglyhamme

Ryan
03-19-2007, 04:01 PM
I liked the article on the blind skier and the Drew Ross write up.

I did think the "how to cut 100K from your ski budget" was lame. Though I've read posts on here that were worse, they are few.

JohnnyB
03-19-2007, 07:58 PM
That one was lame and so was the 6 accessories for your boat...bumpers, life jackets, ropes....duh......

I expected heater, shower, stereo, perfect pass and some other meaningful stuff, not the basics that everyone should have...

I agree WS is getting pretty lame...

rodltg2
03-19-2007, 10:22 PM
for some reason i just got my march issue. a week after my april issue. anyhow for those who have that issue, one of the lakes i ski at is featured i there as the site to see. amazing place.

Slinkyredfoot
03-19-2007, 10:25 PM
for some reason i just got my march issue. a week after my april issue. anyhow for those who have that issue, one of the lakes i ski at is featured i there as the site to see. amazing place.
What is the name of the lake? I must have overlooked this article:confused:

rodltg2
03-19-2007, 10:30 PM
sunset ski ranch

Farmer Ted
03-19-2007, 11:14 PM

I only get the magazine to read the ads and I am glad I get 2 copies of it (one for work and one for home) at no charge. (thanks Farmer!)

It would be nice if a new magazine came out and gave them a run for there money, I may even be willing to pay for it.

anytime!

I've been getting it every year for the past three years and haven't spent a dime....

atlfootr
06-11-2007, 01:13 PM
I own many WS Mags dating as far back as to '97 and it just an observation to me, but it seems as though they now have more advertising and less information /stories i.e., in the current issues then ever before.

Has anyone else notice this as well :confused:

east tx skier
06-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Still never found my free one.