PDA

View Full Version : What Would Harold Do? (WWHD?)

Sodar
03-18-2007, 07:54 PM
In my preparations for the arrival of my new boat, I have been trying to think of ways to make mine special... As Harold always says "It's all in the details!"

I was able to do two things today, that made me think.... Harold would be proud!!

First off, I personalized my anchor ball, with "Sodar." A small detail, but still cool I think for when you have 10 anchors along the beach, mine is now identifiable! The next best part is that it is in the OFFICIAL MasterCraft font. My neighbor had an extra SportStar sticker, so I rearranged the letters and flipped the "P" upside down, to create this....

Sodar
03-18-2007, 07:58 PM
For my next detail, I have quite a few ski lines and frequently change them, but HATE them lying on the floor or putting them under a seat, where someone needs to stand up everytime I want to flop from the slalom line, to the wakeboard line, to the speed skiing bridles. So, I found a soft sided cooler that will match my interior very nicely and I will now be placing this bag behind the driver's seat for rope storage...

Here she is...

Sodar
03-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Here is my new bag with my lines inside...

JohnE
03-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Looks good Cameron. But you know the answer to WWHD. He'd oil the teak! Are you even getting teak!?8p

What's the details on the new boat. If you've posted, I missed it.

John

TMCNo1
03-18-2007, 08:19 PM
:uglyhamme Sweet, now we are getting somewhere! I'm glad to see people using their heads. If you can't buy it the way you want it, make it and save some $$ to boot!

shepherd
03-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Looks good Cameron. But you know the answer to WWHD. He'd oil the teak! Are you even getting teak!?8p

Sodar doesn't have his boat yet so he can't oil the teak. WWHD? He'd grab an old 2x4 out of the shed and start practicing! :D

JKTX21
03-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Way to go Cameron. If you start acting too much like Harold, you will have to change your name to TMCNo2!

erkoehler
03-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Cameron didn't get teak:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
03-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Cameron didn't get teak:rolleyes:

Mission Control, we have a problem!!!!

Sodar
03-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Mission Control, we have a problem!!!!

I am going to get teak... I just order fiberglass from the factory, because the cost of shipping was comprable to the cost of a fiberglass upgrade. I have seen quite a few teak platforms on ebay, so I am hoping to pick one up somewhere down the line. The whole reason I do not want teak on my boat all the time is because our water at the lakehouse has ALOT of calcium and absolutely destroys the teak... this is the same reason I went for an all white boat.

trickskier
03-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Nice job Cameron...................Anyword on when it's due in?

Sodar
03-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Nice job Cameron...................Anyword on when it's due in?

Looks like I should have it back in Cali sometime around the first of May...

trickskier
03-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Looks like I should have it back in Cali sometime around the first of May...
I'm sure you're anxious to get it. Don't forget to post pics...........:D

Sodar
03-19-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm sure you're anxious to get it. Don't forget to post pics...........:D

I would be more anxious if my old boat would just sell!! I had some guy stand me up on Sunday and I am still a little bitter about it... he changed the day to test drive three times, then shortly before the test drive, he informed me that he had purchased another boat! :mad:

I do not think that pictures will be a problem... I am going to try and have a "photo shoot" on Memorial Day, with swimsuit models and all!! :D

TMCNo1
03-19-2007, 12:15 PM
I do not think that pictures will be a problem... I am going to try and have a "photo shoot" on Memorial Day, with swimsuit models and all!! :D

If you have balloons and cake, I just might come observe the occasion. :D Can't wait to see the pics, I know you are anxious!

Sodar
03-19-2007, 12:21 PM
If you have balloons and cake, I just might come observe the occasion. :D Can't wait to see the pics, I know you are anxious!

You know you are always Welcome, Harold!!! At this point I am truly more nervous than I am anxious... I just hope that nothing comes out wrong and that the transport goes well. I will be much more relaxed when the boat is sitting in the driveway at home! :eek:

TMCNo1
03-19-2007, 12:41 PM
You know you are always Welcome, Harold!!! At this point I am truly more nervous than I am anxious... I just hope that nothing comes out wrong and that the transport goes well. I will be much more relaxed when the boat is sitting in the driveway at home! :eek:

I know, I had to drive to Marietta Ga, 338 miles to pic up ours up and hurled 3 times on the way, I was so thrilled, scared, excited and apprehensive about the deal, but it all worked out perfect.

SkiDog
03-19-2007, 02:31 PM
:uglyhamme Sweet, now we are getting somewhere! I'm glad to see people using their heads. If you can't buy it the way you want it, make it and save some $$ to boot!
Is that what you did with LYnn?????????????????:D :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

TMCNo1
03-19-2007, 02:45 PM

:uglyhamme No!

trickskier
03-19-2007, 02:56 PM
That's what Lynn did with #1..........:uglyhamme

Monte
03-19-2007, 02:58 PM

HA!!!! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

TMCNo1
03-19-2007, 03:52 PM
I just knew when I met her she would make a great MC boat driver someday!

jbfootin
03-19-2007, 04:17 PM
For my next detail, I have quite a few ski lines and frequently change them, but HATE them lying on the floor or putting them under a seat, where someone needs to stand up everytime I want to flop from the slalom line, to the wakeboard line, to the speed skiing bridles. So, I found a soft sided cooler that will match my interior very nicely and I will now be placing this bag behind the driver's seat for rope storage...

Here she is...
I have a similar cooler that is usually right behind the drivers seat....BUT MINE IS KEEPING THE BEER COLD!

I tell the passenger to stand up so I can switch ropes, and tell them to grab me a beer while they are up.;)

Sodar
03-19-2007, 04:20 PM
I have a similar cooler that is usually right behind the drivers seat....BUT MINE IS KEEPING THE BEER COLD!

I tell the passenger to stand up so I can switch ropes, and tell them to grab me a beer while they are up.;)

I bought a cooler for the beers too. It will hold 120 of them! Should keep everyone happy while they are on the water... and keep me happy once the boat is on the trailer!! I got this one in charcoal, not the purple!
http://www.aocoolers.com/images/century-bag.l.jpg
The biggest soft sided cooler made!
If going out for the weekend fishing.
Or going out for the weekend just to have fun. The century bag is the cooler you want. Dimensions: 24x17x14 This will hold over 120 cans 150 Quart cooler Takes the place of the big bulkey white cooler.

jbfootin
03-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Actually I only have 2 ropes. A 90' barefoot line and a 70' slalom line with take-offs. I hang both sets of ropes on the pylon when not in use and leave the unused on on when the other is in use. Just my solution to be able to use the cooler for it's original purpose.

TMCNo1
03-19-2007, 04:37 PM
I bought a cooler for the beers too. It will hold 120 of them! Should keep everyone happy while they are on the water... and keep me happy once the boat is on the trailer!! I got this one in charcoal, not the purple!
http://www.aocoolers.com/images/century-bag.l.jpg
The biggest soft sided cooler made!
If going out for the weekend fishing.
Or going out for the weekend just to have fun. The century bag is the cooler you want. Dimensions: 24x17x14 This will hold over 120 cans 150 Quart cooler Takes the place of the big bulkey white cooler.

That's not a cooler, that's ballast!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :cool: :D

Sodar
03-19-2007, 04:39 PM
That's not a cooler, that's ballast!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :cool: :D

Yeah, I will not have that thing in the boat while we are running the course!! I guess I could put it on the port side and use it as a homemade MTS system (less the $700 it costs to install at the factory)!!!!

TMCNo1
03-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I will not have that thing in the boat while we are running the course!! I guess I could put it on the port side and use it as a homemade MTS system (less the $700 it costs to install at the factory)!!!!

There ya go, label the bag, "SMTS"/Sodar's MTS! Then, the more ya drink the less you worry about the wake!:rolleyes:

Sodar
10-25-2007, 01:05 AM
Well, after heeding Harolds advice here: http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=398858&postcount=49

I tossed the UFP Actuator cap into my spare's hub... looks great!

Thanks Again, Harold!

Sorry... It was a little dark when I snapped the pic.

TMCNo1
10-25-2007, 06:31 AM
Looks great, see I do have some good ideas once in a while.

Now if MC would go back to the horizontal spare bolt layout and make the base plate a bit smaller, ya'll could fill the empty lug holes with bolts, washers and lug nuts to dress it all up and center up the wheel and tire, details!28669

SkiDog
10-25-2007, 06:29 PM

Now if MC would go back to the horizontal spare bolt layout and make the base plate a bit smaller, ya'll could fill the empty lug holes with bolts, washers and lug nuts to dress it all up and center up the wheel and tire, details!28669

Notice how EVERYTHING line up!:cool:

TMCNo1
10-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Notice how EVERYTHING lines up!:cool:

Yea, I'd rather be half fast, than half azzed!:D

Sodar
10-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Notice how EVERYTHING line up!:cool:

Not Much I can do.. well, maybe I can have my buddy make me a wheel spacer that allows everything to line up AND put all 5 lugs on! :cool:

ProTour X9
10-25-2007, 07:24 PM
I know one of these guys is #1, anything to protect that teak!!! Thats what Harold would do!:cool: :cool:

TMCNo1
10-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Not Much I can do.. well, maybe I can have my buddy make me a wheel spacer that allows everything to line up AND put all 5 lugs on! :cool:

Your local wheel/tire dealer can get you any spacer you need and an added benefit is it will move your tire out away from the hull at least the thickness of the spacer for more room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sitting here trying to invision how a spacer would line up the lugnuts up, because you would only be moving them around 31 degrees from what they are now, not 90 degrees, so.........................................Poof, nevermind, my brain just sploded!

ski_king
10-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Ok Harold, did you have that tire mounted so the MasterCraft was centered above the valve stem, or was that just luck?

TMCNo1
10-25-2007, 07:50 PM
I know one of these guys is #1, anything to protect that teak!!! Thats what Harold would do!

I'm the one with the red cap turned around backwards, getting ready to kick someone in the butt for getting too close. http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/secret.gifDon't tell anybody, I'm like that!http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/new/gdno.gifhttp://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley_nutkick.gif

TMCNo1
10-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Ok Harold, did you have that tire mounted so the MasterCraft was centered above the valve stem, or was that just luck?

When a tire is mounted, you have to stop it somewhere on the rim, so why not do all of them the same. The 4 on the van and the full size van spare in the back are all lined up the same way as the 3 on the boat trailer, meaning all 8 are the same, the valve stem is centered on the r in Mastercraft and everything else is lines up accordingly. Details!
I know! I know!:rolleyes:

wakolman
10-25-2007, 09:29 PM
When a tire is mounted, you have to stop it somewhere on the rim, so why not do all of them the same. The 4 on the van and the full size van spare in the back are all lined up the same way as the 3 on the boat trailer, meaning all 8 are the same, the valve stem is centered on the r in Mastercraft and everything else is lines up accordingly. Details!
I know! I know!:rolleyes:

Unless you mount the tires yourself, you must drive the guys at the tire shop nutz.:rolleyes:

milkmania
10-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Unless you mount the tires yourself, you must drive the guys at the tire shop nutz.:rolleyes:
well, we all know he can't put all the wheel weights in the exact same place on all them wheels;)

that's probably eating him up inside:uglyhamme

TMCNo1
10-25-2007, 10:49 PM
well, we all know he can't put all the wheel weights in the exact same place on all them wheels;)

Somewhere in the scheme of things you have to give something up in the name of performance and piece of mind. I let the weights fall where they may.
I once knew a boat owner who would never let a tire shop place a weight on a wheel to balance it, because it messed up the looks of the wheel during boat judging at reunions, TILL a wheel flew off 100 miles into a 700 mile trip due to the severe vibration of a unbalanced wheel/tire that really screwed up the looks of his wheel and trailer.

TMCNo1
10-25-2007, 10:59 PM

Believe it or not, there are more people out there that do it like that than you think. Professionals usually give you what you pay for and that's also part of their service, that makes you return to them as a customer, just like chrome valve stems instead of just the plain black rubber ones. You have just got to ask for it.

Monte
10-25-2007, 11:08 PM

The wheel can be balanced upside down or outside in:)