PDA

View Full Version : Slalom course on Fox River IL??

rkaufman
03-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Two skiers looking for a course on Fox River and/or a third skier to join the team.

PaulW
03-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Not sure if there is one, but you can put me down for a third if you need one. Got an 06 XStar so won't be doing much skiing. I guess my son and the boarding won out this year.
Paul

Bill
03-18-2007, 06:55 PM
There is a course put-in, maintained and taken-out by four of us near Johnsburg in a shallow bay called Dutch Creek. It's very shallow so only in-boards and wave runners can get into the course area. Conditions are typically good in the morning and evening. In the middle of day on the weekend duking it out with the wave runners is typically not worth it. The numbers of skiers using and helping with the course has gone down over the years as people have moved and retired from the sport. We'd love to have more skiers out there. The skiers range in ability from 15 to 32 off. We've also got every type of boat out there MC (2), Bu and a SN. Family friendly crowd - there's always a bunch of kids. Subject to the weather we typically put-in mid to late April. E-mail me for more details.

WLfooter
03-18-2007, 08:16 PM
I would love to join you guys, and help out. I ski/barefoot on Wonder Lake and the Chain all the time. Never have really had a good chance to ski bouys and have always wanted too. Let me know when and I will be there.

rkaufman
03-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks. This is great news.
We are at the Fox River Marina - how long a ride would it be early in the am?
We will be in the water second or third week of April and would love to be a part of the group that uses and maintains the course. I believe our in-board will do ok in the bay.

erkoehler
03-19-2007, 01:31 AM
There is a course put-in, maintained and taken-out by four of us near Johnsburg in a shallow bay called Dutch Creek. It's very shallow so only in-boards and wave runners can get into the course area. Conditions are typically good in the morning and evening. In the middle of day on the weekend duking it out with the wave runners is typically not worth it. The numbers of skiers using and helping with the course has gone down over the years as people have moved and retired from the sport. We'd love to have more skiers out there. The skiers range in ability from 15 to 32 off. We've also got every type of boat out there MC (2), Bu and a SN. Family friendly crowd - there's always a bunch of kids. Subject to the weather we typically put-in mid to late April. E-mail me for more details.

Give me a call once you get the course setup, if you arrange a date to have everyone out there I would love to give everyone the chance to to try out the new MC's in the course.

cbryan70
03-19-2007, 12:38 PM
erk you just want an excuse to demo a boat again! I dont blame you. To bad you trea tthe thing like a baby!

off-axis
03-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Hey Bill, talk my dad into getting that course in earlier this year, I think its about time for me to put a stick back on this year....

Kevin Denbroeder

erkoehler
03-19-2007, 01:01 PM
erk you just want an excuse to demo a boat again! I dont blame you. To bad you trea tthe thing like a baby!

I don't see a problem with that?

cbryan70
03-19-2007, 01:28 PM
i have no problems. I think im in love with the new 197...i could get used to heaters and a shower

WLfooter
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Sounds like a group is forming lets make it happen

cbryan70
03-20-2007, 12:17 AM
im always down for some boating. lets make this happen.

PaulW
03-20-2007, 03:21 PM
It is warming up a little 60 yesterday, but cold today. Boating is getting close.

Chitownskier83
03-20-2007, 04:21 PM
I would definately be interested in getting a group to ski up that way on the Fox. I have access to a boat but I am really in need of some ski buddies as I can't seem to find any of my friends that want to go out and ski.

cbryan70
03-20-2007, 06:26 PM
where are you located? how far from st charles or elgin?

erkoehler
03-20-2007, 06:29 PM
It is about an hour north of St. Charles.

erkoehler
03-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Worth the trip! My dad and Bill are always looking for people to ski with. The course is in an awesome location and pretty secluded from rollers. I might even trade my board in for a ski a few times this year. For details you can PM me or Captain Team Talk himself, erkoehler.

off-axis
03-20-2007, 06:36 PM
haha, that previous post was supposed to be under my name, but erk is signed onto team talk on every computer in Chicago MasterCraft....

WLfooter
03-20-2007, 10:13 PM
I am ready to go lets do it. What is the forcast? Does anyone now if the river is no wake right now due to all the snow?