PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Cleaning

jsonova99
01-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Has anybody ever tried to have thier carpets cleaned professionally? Mine don't look too bad for being 13 years old, but you can see the darkness in the high traffic areas of the boat. I was thinking a good professional cleaning might bring some life back to them, any thoughts?

Jim@BAWS
01-17-2005, 09:15 AM
A good method is to mix a large bucket with some TIDE and a LITTLE bleach. Soak your carpet, then go at it with a scrub brush with your mixture. Last think is to rinse with a pressure washer (MAX 1250 PSI)
wide stream rinsing eveything into the blidge. Your interior will smell great and the TIDE will clean you blidge. I have used this method on my own boats and at the dealership.

Jim@BAWS

ski_king
01-17-2005, 09:32 AM
A good method is to mix a large bucket with some TIDE and a LITTLE bleach. Soak your carpet, then go at it with a scrub brush with your mixture. Last think is to rinse with a pressure washer (MAX 1250 PSI)
wide stream rinsing eveything into the blidge. Your interior will smell great and the TIDE will clean you blidge. I have used this method on my own boats and at the dealership.

Jim@BAWS
I have used this method and found it to work great. I used wand at car wash to rinse into bilge. The key is a LITTLE bleach.
I know someone who used TOO MUCH bleach and was shopping for new upholstery the next year.

John B
01-17-2005, 09:39 AM
I have a Bissell Big Green carpet cleaner and I clean my carpet about every two weeks.