PDA

View Full Version : new reg stickers for mc

rodltg2
03-16-2007, 10:09 PM
i finally got my reg, sticker from the dmv. the boat had nevada reg before . here is the before pic...

rodltg2
03-16-2007, 10:10 PM
here are the new ones i made with my vinyl cutter. grey vinyl to match the grey on the boat and i used the hemi head font to match the mc font...

east tx skier
03-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Nice job, Rod. You cut those yourself.

Footin
03-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Looks great Rod.

PendO
03-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Ric and I have never been so impressed ... now you just need to cut some Tournament Team stickers and your boat will run like a top:)

Nice job Rod:)

JLeuck64
03-16-2007, 11:04 PM
What size did you set that font to?

Please and thanks

erkoehler
03-16-2007, 11:07 PM
What size did you set that font to?

Please and thanks

He used a vinyl cutter, I'd assume they were about 3" letters...maybe a bit more :)

Leroy
03-16-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm confused! Are you guys together?

Great job Rod! I even went looking at vinyl cutters after reading about what you did and now seeing this!

Ric and I have never been so impressed ... now you just need to cut some Tournament Team stickers and your boat will run like a top:)

Nice job Rod:)

Sodar
03-16-2007, 11:18 PM

Great job Rod! I even went looking at vinyl cutters after reading about what you did and now seeing this!

Ric is a chick remember!?!?!? :D :D :D

Ric
03-17-2007, 07:43 AM

Great job Rod! I even went looking at vinyl cutters after reading about what you did and now seeing this! have your fun mr moderator have your fun

Ric
03-17-2007, 07:45 AM
here are the new ones i made with my vinyl cutter. grey vinyl to match the grey on the boat and i used the hemi head font to match the mc font... I like them

Knock wood, I have never been stopped for the letter colors, but I read that the state (at least here) requires them to be some outstanding color, other than the color of the boat or some legaleez like that.

Me, I'd rather go with what looks nice and let poe poe tell me otherwise

JohnE
03-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Looks great Rod. Would you be interested in making me a set? I'd pay of course.

bigmac
03-17-2007, 10:27 AM

I've had a Roland STIKA vinyl cutter (http://www.graphicproducts.com/sign-printers/stika/index.html) for years. It has the advantage of being small enough to sit on a desktop - I just use it on top of my flatbed scanner - but it uses the same stepper motor and cutting head as the bigger commercial units so it's very accurate. It comes with some basic software, but I upgraded to Signmate, which is sophisticated but far more than I need. Signmate's main advantage for my use is its ability to directly convert a scanned image to an editable EPS graphic that I can cut, pretty much in just one operation. I don't know what they cost anymore, but vinyl cutters are fun (and occasionally very useful) to have sitting around.

http://mccollister.info/stika.jpg

Ric
03-17-2007, 10:32 AM
which one of those phones is the batphone mac?

bigmac
03-17-2007, 10:52 AM
which one of those phones is the batphone mac?Not allowed to say...