PDA

View Full Version : Party On Lake Roosevelt

WAT8415
03-16-2007, 08:42 PM
I would like to extend an invitation to all the member of TMC to a party! For the last 2 years my family has a party at our property located on Lake Roosevelt. The party will be on the 2nd weekend of August (10th thru the 12th). If you haven’t been to the lake it is a wonderful body of water. Here is a map of the lake http://www.lrf.org/Rec/Rec-LakeMap.html and you can also find out more information on the lake on this site. We have 90 acres on the lake, well as close to the lake as we can get since the shore line is owned by the National Park Service on one side and the Colville and Spokane Indian Tribes on the other side. The lake is therefore mostly undeveloped. This year we will have a slalom course set up, but most of the family doesn’t ski so it shouldn’t be too crowded. We will also have a live band on Saturday, and we might have one on Friday as well but that is up in the air at the moment. Dinner on Saturday is a roasted pig, and pot luck. Depending upon how many attend we may have to supplement the pig, but we will see. Last year we had about 120 people and children. Accommodations are as follows: Room for your camper, tent or RV, or you can find your own private beach and camp there and just show up for the fun! Most of the 150 miles of lake are lined with nice sandy beaches. You could also rent a houseboat from: http://www.lakeroosevelt.com/ if that is more you style. I will include some photos from last years event. If you are interested in coming send me an email at wtaylor167@comcast.net and I will send you an invitation.

WAT8415
03-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Also the weekend before this party there is a Poker Run on the lake this is alot of fun. If you want to come out for a longer period of time that is more than ok, stay a couple of day or stay a week or two, just let me know.

dapicatti
03-17-2007, 12:26 AM
- we just were considering renting a houseboat on Lake Roosevelt this year...would love to see a TMC party there with the Spokane contingent and all the rest. We would be in for sure.

WAT8415
03-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Lets get some ideas going on a date. It might be better just to schedule a TMC party. I think the best time would be the first weekend of August 3rd 4th and 5th. This would coincide with the poker run that is going on that weekend, it would be alot of fun to see a fleet of MC's crusing down the lake. If anyone is interested in doing this I have the place, but would need some help in getting things organized. So NW MC owners let me know what you think. We just need to set a date and get a few people to show up. I was even thinking if our new dealer in town wanted to help sponsor it, I could set up the stage and get a band since we will be having a band showing up the following weekend.

BearX1
03-19-2007, 09:16 PM
I would like to come visit, assuming my boat is "free" by then. My wife is pregnant, (due 08/25), so it would only be a day trip for me. Early Aug. sounds good.

rodltg2
03-19-2007, 09:35 PM
90 acres.!! you could build your own lake..

WAT8415
03-19-2007, 09:46 PM
90 acres.!! you could build your own lake..

I just let uncle sam do that for me. The only problem is they dont bring the lake up where I can get into our bay until the end of May.

dapicatti
03-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Early August is perfect, I already have vacation scheduled for then.

SkySkiSpokane
03-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Oh Man!!! This sounds like a blast!!!!! I will be keeping an eye on this thread. Send me a PM when you firm up dates!! :headbang:

prostar205
03-20-2007, 11:22 AM
This sounds like alot of fun. However, for us "West Siders" the first weekend of August is SeaFair Weekend. Anyone with a boat even close to Lake Washington will be there. Just my thoughts....

WAT8415
04-12-2007, 02:53 AM
I have finally set a couple of dates. The first will be July 13th, 14th and 15th. The second date will be August 3rd, 4th and 5th. The August date there is a poker run on the 4th sponsored by a local marina. They have some nice prizes and a band I hear so it should be alot of fun. If you wish to hang out for the week and attend the party that will be held on the 2nd weekend of August, you are more than welcome. Please email me if you are planning to attend, I will email you an invitation with directions. I look forward to seeing alot of you there.

AirJunky
04-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Right on. We have a houseboat trip setup for Sept 20-23rd on Roosevelt already. Plus the NW Fly (http://www.nwflyin.com/)-in on Banks Lake (hour away) on July 28th - 30th.

It's close enough for us we'd probably make it out for either of those weekends.

I was just looking at property in Seven Bays. Where is your place?

WAT8415
04-19-2007, 08:33 PM
AirJunky, I am located about 7 miles up river from Porcupine Bay. There is 10 acres right next to my place that is for sale. If you want some info I have it. The realtor put the sign on my fence post so I took it down, but I have the info. Last year the guy wanted 108K for the land. It has some great views and access to the water. Here is what the view would be like from that piece of property. There is no water or power but power is close and water would be about 400' down.